if it weren't for those meddling cones

_sapphire_sapphire Posts: 21Registered Users
Right so I was totally reading and rearing to go for CG.. untill I realised all of my products bar 2 have cones in them >:[

not one of my better moments,

so just out of interest what products (that you can find in stores like boots) do you use/recommend for CG?
converted to curls :thumbup:

my hair: 2c when healthy,
damaged and dry,
low elasticity

Comments

• SalamanderSalamander Posts: 328Registered Users
    I had to toss pretty much EVERYTHING when I went CG. Including some very expensive shampoos!

CG has (so far) been much cheaper, fortunately.

There's a list in the "newbies" section that details cheap CG products.

All the stuff in my sig is available at drugstores, Target, and/or supermarkets (I got the coconut oil from the organic section of my supermarket).

it was hard for me to toss all my various 'cone-containing hair products; I held onto them in case this CG thing didn't work out. Now, 3 months later, the last of them went into the trash as I am so happy with my hair now that I will never go back!
    2a/b right now; 2c when it's longer
    Fine/iii density/high porosity

Current favorites:
    Suave Naturals Coconut co-wash
    GVP Protein Restructuring Conditioner
    GVP Conditioning Balm
    Eco-Styler, LALSG, BRHG, Garnier Curl Shaping Spray Gel
    ACV rinse 1x per week
  • goobernutgoobernut Posts: 2,317Registered Users
    Sappire, you're lucky to have access to a Boots! One of the best things is the Pink Boots curl creme. I don't have it, but its one of those products that anyone who has visited this website eventually reads about.

There are a few other Brits who might have an idea as to which way to point you with other products. I know Ellageorgina and OddityofWings both live in the UK.

Love the WoW avatar btw.
    Grand Goobah Caedran, Aqueous Infusion of Demulcents, Order of the Curly Crusaders

Fia 2cFi, fine texture, med porosity CG 5-29-09 * My hair loves protein! Currently using : DermOrganics Shampoo and IHM, G2B Kinkier Mousse, Re:Coil VMM, Anything Spiral Solutions! MO Sealing. Coconut Oil Pre-Poo, once a month Hard Water shampoo. Avoiding Glycerin in finishing products.
  • oddityofwingsoddityofwings Posts: 1,261Registered Users
    Not a Brit - just living here by the grace of student visa - but I have been searching high and low for CG products here for months now. There is a thread (maybe two) in the Eurocurlies swap board about UK CG products, but a quick overview:

Lo-poos (no sulfates)
    Burt's Bees (all varieties; John Lewis, Debenham's)
    Naked (all varieties, Boots)
    Dr. Organics (all varieties, Holland and Barret)

I believe Pureology shampoos are also sulfate free, though not sure about being cone free - available in some salons.

Conditioners
    Original Source (all three varieties) (available all over)
    most Naked conditioners; some have PEG cones, though
    Burt's Bees (all varieties)
    Inecto Pure Coconut Oil (I can buy it at my local Savers; I've seen it in private chemists as well - ONLY the conditioner is CG)
    Garnier Fructis Repair and Shine
    Dr. Organics (all - available in Holland and Barrett)
    MOP (John Lewis)
    Louise Galvin Natural Locks (John Lewis, and Tesco, I believe)
    Faith in Nature (all varieties; most whole foods stores will carry them - warning, they all smell like floor cleaner)
    Austrailan Organics (all varieties, Holland and Barret, John Lewis)
    Tigi Catwalk Oatmeal and Honey (salons)

Many own brand conditioners are CG - I know the pink essentials conditioner at Boots is CG and I think there are some from Tesco that are also CG. There are plenty more brands - these are just the ones that came to mind.

You can also order things like Aubrey Organics online here, and I've heard there are some stores, particularly in London, that carry them.

Stylers:
    Boots Curl Creme (essentials line)
    Boots Purple Gel (essentials line)
    Cottonseed Curl Boost (The Body Shop)
    Naked (all are cone free, not sure about alcohols/proteins/etc - Boots)
    Regis Curl Balm (Regis salons)
    AVG (anywhere - Holland and Barretts do a good line)

I know there are more stylers, but these again are the ones that come to mind immediately.
    3b/c. Fine, med-high porosity, normal elasticity. Hair loves oils in summer, protein in winter. Constantly battling the hard water monster.

Favourites:love5::
    CJ Curl Theory, Curl Rehab, Smoothing, Curl Fix, Daily Fix, CCCC, CIAB, CQ, SSCC, MC shampoo, Inecto Pure Coconut Oil, CP luscious curl creme (summer), DB Pumpkin Seed (summer), FD/MT, JCWDT, JCTS

American literature PhD student in the UK... :study:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file