waxing vs bleaching

SigiSigi Posts: 2,379Registered Users
So I have a little bit of hair on my upper lip :oops: , and I've been wanting to do something about it. I'm afraid that if I start waxing or something it'll come back in course or make it worse. It's not really that bad to begin with, but I hate seeing it in those enlarging mirrors.

If I wax, how much does it have to grow back to get it waxed off again? Will it become thicker? I don't want a five o'clock shadow either.

If I bleach it, will it make me look weird because I am olive skinned with dark hair and a blonde mustache :oops: ?

Please advise. I am tempted to just leave it alone, but it is slightly noticable, but not that bad, if you know what I mean. Ugh.

Comments

• Gemini13Gemini13 Posts: 5,000Registered Users
    Waxing is not like shaving. The hair will not grow back stubbly- it will become thinner. How long you have to go between waxes depends on how fast your hair grows. Go for the wax. Bleaching will make the hair a lot more noticeable.
    Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
    HG products:
    Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
    Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls
  • JuicyTubeJuicyTube Posts: 2,369Registered Users
    i wouldn't go for the bleach.
    3b-3c CG
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I would actually go for the bleach, but I think that depends on your skin. Waxing my legs gave me awful ingrown hairs, so I wouldn't dare try it on my face.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • JuicyTubeJuicyTube Posts: 2,369Registered Users
    waxing gives ingrowns?!?! worse than shaving?
    3b-3c CG
  • Ava79Ava79 Posts: 159Registered Users
    On top of looking odd with blond peach fuzz, bleaching can actually cause bleach burns.

I would rather wax, b/c continuous waxing can acutally help the hair grow in thinner and lighter, but depending on the sensitivity of your skin, waxing can cause burns and cause skin tears leading to scaring.

My suggestion... threading. Threading hurts, but a lot safer for your skin.

Check this link http://www.threadsbeautybar.com/Threading.html
  • SigiSigi Posts: 2,379Registered Users
    Thanks everyone for the input. I'll probably try waxing or threading.

I was wondering about electrolysis (sp?) too. I might look into that as well depending on the cost.
  • Gemini13Gemini13 Posts: 5,000Registered Users
    Yeah, threading is better for your skin, although more painful. But I have really not-sensitive skin, lol, so wax doesn't bother me.
    Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
    HG products:
    Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
    Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls
  • one way streetone way street Posts: 772Registered Users
    Sigi wrote:
    Thanks everyone for the input. I'll probably try waxing or threading.

I was wondering about electrolysis (sp?) too. I might look into that as well depending on the cost.

you can buy at home-kits. i've tired it myself, and you have to do it one at a time :( but i'm not so sure how to use it. my dad uses it for his backhair.. :lol: so i might get him to do my upper lip, and you'll NEVER have to deal with it again!
    mod. CG 2C-3A/M/iii
    Fotki album and journal updated: 10/01/07
    password: springlet

Currently: Trying to stop straightening so much. Using Elucence conditioner and whatever works for me.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file