CurlTalk

clarification: why use rinse out & detangler?

I notice that some curlies use a separate detangler. I always detangle my hair when I am doing my rinse out condition. Can some one explain what the added benefit of using a separate rinse out and detangler are? Do you leave the detangler in your hair after you comb/brush it like a leave-in? And do you actually use both a rinse out and detangler every time you wash your hair? Does this provide extra moisture?

Sorry for the innundation of questions. And TIA.
~belasuna :angel1:
3a/b, very dry, fine/med-coarse, high porosity
CG since 7/27/09
Bella Curl Products
CW: protein free-cleansing creme
CO: protein free MRcondish
Styler: FSG + protein free LI Elixir, Gellie, Shine & Seal Serum
Lady of Elixir, Keeper of the Secret Blend, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

Comments

• ellageorginaellageorgina Posts: 1,511Registered Users
    You're lucky you don't need it!
    But some people still have tangles after conditioning, I think it also provides some extra moisture. It's not usually rinsed out - I leave mine in my hair :)
    3b-med texture-med porosity
    CG from 21-05-09 2nd try!
    Conditioners: Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose, Aubrey Organics GPB Protein
    Stylers: CJ CCCC, CJ AFG, KCCC
    Gel: Lavera Organic

My hair LOVES CURL JUNKIE <3 :love10:
    www.fotki.com/loopyloops.

• kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users
    My hair rarely tangles unless I use an ingredient that causes an issue. Many of the detanglers have leave in as part of their name, so I'm assuming they are dual purpose. Essentially, it would be a rinse out and a leave in/detangler, not a third product.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • msgibletmsgiblet Posts: 5,825Registered Users
    Detanglers are usually in spray form and a lighter leave-in for some that find a regular leave-in too heavy.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fmsgiblet%2F" class="Popup - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • belasunabelasuna Posts: 599Registered Users
    ~belasuna :angel1:
    3a/b, very dry, fine/med-coarse, high porosity
    CG since 7/27/09
    Bella Curl Products
    CW: protein free-cleansing creme
    CO: protein free MRcondish
    Styler: FSG + protein free LI Elixir, Gellie, Shine & Seal Serum
    Lady of Elixir, Keeper of the Secret Blend, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • Curls=BeautyCurls=Beauty Posts: 1,781Registered Users
    I really don't have hardly any tangles anymore, after my haircut. I always used the same rinse out conditioner to detangle with. I apply it as a rinse out and then run my fingers through my hair. I don't even need my comb anymore. I'm kind of dissapointed that I don't have to detangle with my comb anymore.
    Cleanser: Liquid Castile Soap diluted in a foaming soap dispenser
    Rinse:
    ACV rinse
    Detangler/Conditioner:
    Oyin Handmade Greg Juice or Juices and Berries
    Stylers: Botticelli Botanicals Styling Mudd, KCCC, Honey Rinses and BRHG, Crack Leave-in Hair Cream when straightening

Tools: Silk pillowcase, Floursack towels, Jersey T-Shirts, Wide Tooth Comb, Velecta Paramount TGR-VQX Hair Dryer (for when I straighten) and BaByliss PRO Ionic Rollabout Hard Hat Dryer
  • msgibletmsgiblet Posts: 5,825Registered Users
    belasuna wrote: »

My hair detangles well with my rinse-outs, but if I need to add a little light moisturizing underneath my stylers I like KBB Nectar or KBB Super Silky, both during the summer (hmm.... I think Super Silky is the right name; I'm so used to just calling it KBB SS - :-?). I only need maybe a little more than a pea-sized amount. Nice stuff.
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fmsgiblet%2F" class="Popup - pw: gibber -- Pics Added 7/10/11
    Fine, Thick, Normal Porosity, Normal Elasticity

Countess Balashi of Divi Beach in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :occasion5:

If I'm Going To Have A Bad Hair Day, It Might As Well Be In Aruba!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • momof3curlsmomof3curls Posts: 227Registered Users
    I love Tigi Moisture Maniac. I use it as my rinse out, then a small amount for a leave in. I don't really need to detangle after I rinse out, but I add it as extra moisture protection. It really helps eliminate frizz in the Florida humidity.
    Momof3curls
    2c/3a SL med/fine
    Started CG in 6/08 Fell off the wagon 10/08, Back on since 7/09
    Co-Wash- VO5 Vanilla Mint
    Low Poo once/week- KCCC
    R/O and L/I Tigi Moisture Maniac
    Gels-BRHG and LA Looks Curl (also like Aquage)
    Experimenting with GVP K-Pac, and loving it:cheers:
    Location-Tampa/Orlando corridor
    Learning to love my curls one day at time