Paperbackswap(dot)com

la929la929 Posts: 9Registered Users
is a great site to post your books and swap with people. List all of the books you have that you are willing to swap. You get 3 or 4 instant credits for listing your books. You pay the shipping (not that expensive...around $3) to send the book and get a book credit. Then you choose a book that someone else has on their list and they send it to you for free (they pay to ship it to you). It works out great if you have a lot of books to get rid of like I do.

There is also a CDswap(dot)come and DVDswap(dot)com.

Comments

• SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,684Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I've been a member of this site for years. I have not bought a book in that same amount of time; I only swap for them. I don't mind waitlisting for a book because I've gotten so many that I am reading what I have in the meantime. It's a wonderful way to "recycle" books.

I got so tired of bringing boxes of books to the used book store and getting & *maybe* $10 for the entire box. PBS is a more economical and more convenient alternative, IMO.

I also use SwapACD.com but not as much as PBS.com
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • sugartwistsugartwist Posts: 156Registered Users
    Thanks! I'm definitely going to check that out. I would love to swap a few books in exchange for others.
  • Dany16Dany16 Posts: 1Registered Users
    Im a part of SwapSimple. Which is better economically for me because you don't have to pay shipping. :thumbup:
  • kellygreen49kellygreen49 Posts: 625Registered Users
    I used to use Paperback Swap all the time. But we've gone through some more economic hardships as late and sometimes when I get a request, I just can't pay for the shipping. But I'm definitely going back when things are more steady.
    And if you like paperbackswap, you'll LOVE http://www.goodreads.com. I hope paperbackswap links with them someday.
    3A~fine texture
    Cleanser: GiovanniTTTT, Deva Low Poo
    Condish: Deva One C, GiovanniTTTT, GVP Balm
    Styler: Deva ArcANGELL, HESMU, AG Mousse Gel
    Want to try: CJ Gellie, Hand Dry Hair Glove, BRHG
    I <3 second day hair :iconbiggrin:
    Call me a Curltalk Otaku. ~MirCurls
    http://public.fotki.com/kellygreen49/
    PW curlyhair
    Image301-1.jpg curls1-1.jpg
  • SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,684Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'd never heard of www.goodreads.com before. Thanks for mentioning it. Bookmarked!
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • mzmillionmzmillion Posts: 874Registered Users
    ooooh now I'm gonna get rid of some of these books.... I'll have to research these sites though and see which is better for me.... I'm broke.
    4a/b hair that fro's more than curls!
    Co-Wash: Tressemme', HE, Avon
    Leave In: SM Shea Butter Conditioner. SMCH Smoothie
    Deep Treat: Avon AT Masks, Henna, Amla, Avanti
    Stylers: Aloe Vera Butter, Eco Styler on dry hair, SM products
    My Fotki - 1/22
    My Twitter
    My Youtube

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights