CurlTalk

Which bag do you like for everyday use?

medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
sunset_boxy.jpg
Sunset Dragon

bb_sweetie.gif
Sweetie

bb_velveteen.gif
Velveteen

spring_roll_boxy.jpg
Spring

2083x.jpg
Garden

coconut_boxy.jpg
Coconut

fort_cookie_boxy23.jpg
Fortune Cookie

Dynamite_Boxy.jpg
Dynamite

Thanks!
Failed to load the poll.
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

  • PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    Spring and Coconut are my favorite patterns, but I don't like the shape of any of them (sorry). If you were buying it for a diaper bag or a camera bag, I'd be all over it, but I just don't like the square shape for a handbag.

    I do love all the patterns though - they're gorgeous.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

    Rock on with your bad self.

    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

    Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • CGNYCCGNYC Posts: 4,937Registered Users
    Psssss...PH, they ARE diaper bags.

    I have the Dynamite bag and love it. I also like the Sweetie print so if I get another, that will probably be it.
  • JoyForeverJoyForever Posts: 1,628Registered Users
    I like all of them, but I'd say Velveteen, Sweetie, and Dynamite are my least favorite. I think Spring might be my favorite.
    Previously Joy4ever.
    Changed because the "number in place of a word" thing was bugging my no-longer-14-year-old self.
  • goldencurlygoldencurly Posts: 2,385Registered Users
    Coconut :D
    ________
    Laguna Heights Condos
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,495Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Sunset dragon would go best with my wardrobe and style. I love the Asian-inspired brocades. I just bought some Asian-inspired brocade fabric to make throw pillows for my living room sofa and love seat.

    But like Party Hair, these look too much like diaper bags to me. I was going to buy a diaper bag just like it from Zappos when i was pg.

    Wait, are you???? :D

  • PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    CGNYC wrote:
    Psssss...PH, they ARE diaper bags.

    I have the Dynamite bag and love it. I also like the Sweetie print so if I get another, that will probably be it.

    Thank God. :D

    Then I like Coconut best. :D
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

    Rock on with your bad self.

    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

    Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • SuZenSuZen Posts: 1,595Registered Users
    I am so proud of myself for recognizing that Petunia Picklebottoms are diaper bags, when I don't even have kids!

    I like the three blue ones best.
  • CGNYCCGNYC Posts: 4,937Registered Users
    I love mine because it is so obnoxious.
  • DarkAngelDarkAngel Posts: 2,671Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I love them all!!

    Question: I know your little ones are a little older than my little one. I thought that style PP was a little too big for me because I thought I would be downsizing soon. Am I wrong since you are buying it?
    image.php?type=2&o=5&c=1&date=2009-10-07&babyname=Sebastian

    "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -- Theodor Seuss Geisel
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    CG, I remember when you posted a picture of the Dynamite and I was like, "ow, my eyes!" Must've been the pregnancy hormones because I now think it's a beautiful bag. I'm just getting sick of the all black thing I've got going on and need a little color. Plus, I won't be carrying a regular handbag for awhile, what with diapers, small toys and sippy cups.

    Partyhair Yes, the shape is weird because they're backpacks also (with the exception of Garden). I sometimes need my hands free (like when I'm chasing C across traffic) and these bags are a great option.

    I went to the Petunia site last night and wanted to buy all of them. I will probably get two. CG, how is your bag holding up? I'd like to get a few years out of them, like I have my Kate Spade. I've had that thing since '99. If she made them in different colors, I might go with one of her bags again.
  • ChakraChakra Posts: 172Registered Users
    I picked Velveteen and Coconut. Are these bags that DH will be carrying at some point too??

    I just remembered that my husband didn't want a Diaper Bag with flowers so we ended with a striped Kate Spade bag.
  • CGNYCCGNYC Posts: 4,937Registered Users
    medussa wrote:
    CG, I remember when you posted a picture of the Dynamite and I was like, "ow, my eyes!" Must've been the pregnancy hormones because I now think it's a beautiful bag. I'm just getting sick of the all black thing I've got going on and need a little color. Plus, I won't be carrying a regular handbag for awhile, what with diapers, small toys and sippy cups.

    Partyhair Yes, the shape is weird because they're backpacks also (with the exception of Garden). I sometimes need my hands free (like when I'm chasing C across traffic) and these bags are a great option.

    I went to the Petunia site last night and wanted to buy all of them. I will probably get two. CG, how is your bag holding up? I'd like to get a few years out of them, like I have my Kate Spade. I've had that thing since '99. If she made them in different colors, I might go with one of her bags again.

    Mark has a guy's diaper bag - it's black, goes across the body, has lots of pockets, looks like an over-sized tool belt. He likes it. I think it's the pockets.

    Medussa, mine has held up really well and it has been THROUGH it. It has certainly held up as well as my Kate Spade (which I also love, I got mine in a kind of apple green which is cute if you can find it. I don't think they make it anymore but that's what ebay is for, right?) and I get lots of compliments on it. My only complaint is all the vlecro openings. These are great for getting in and out of the bag with one hand, not so great if your baby is sleeping at the time. But other than that, I like it very much! The long strap and the back pack options are great as well!
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users
    So, I'm the only one that likes Garden?
    0004.gif

    Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P


  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    So, I'm the only one that likes Garden?

    I love the Garden. I would say it's my favorite, but it's not a backpack and it might not go with everything I wear. But, it's a strong contender for a second bag. :D Hubby likes the Dynamite and the Garden.
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users
    medussa wrote:
    So, I'm the only one that likes Garden?

    I love the Garden. I would say it's my favorite, but it's not a backpack and it might not go with everything I wear. But, it's a strong contender for a second bag. :D Hubby likes the Dynamite and the Garden.
    ha! 8) woot2.gif
    So, we're the only ones that have good taste...lol...I kid!
    
    0004.gif

    Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P


  • CGNYCCGNYC Posts: 4,937Registered Users
    The Garden bag is pretty but it doesn't have the adjustable strap or (I think, you'd have to check) changing pad. And I've had to change diapers in some pretty dodgy places. You want that changing pad. Also, I think the ones that don't have adjustable straps ride pretty high and I like a diaper bag to sit low, like on my hip.
  • velvet pawsvelvet paws Posts: 1,250Registered Users
    I love Spring and Garden.

    These bags are sooo adorable. Much more fun than a boring old Coach diaper bag. :D
    3A / 2B / 2C wavicelli

    .png

    .png
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users
    I love the brown and pink combo, so I voted spring.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

    Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • M2LRM2LR Posts: 8,630Registered Users
    I love them all!!!

    Where do you get them? I MUST have one.

    Or two.
    :rambo:
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    M2LR & Co. wrote:
    I love them all!!!

    Where do you get them? I MUST have one.

    Or two.

    Baby Petunia

    M2LR, you can also google Petunia Pickle Bottom.

    Wow, Spring is the frontrunner. Looks like most of you are going with a more neutral color.

    Darkangel, I still need a diaper bag because my toddler has no interest in potty training and I still have tons of baby stuff to carry around. So the PPB is not too big for me.
  • M2LRM2LR Posts: 8,630Registered Users
    Holy ****!!!

    I just checked the prices. I will have to admire it from afar.
    :rambo:
  • lazy loopslazy loops Posts: 8,792Registered Users
    Bailey422 wrote:
    I love the brown and pink combo, so I voted spring.

    Ditto!

    I am so in love with this color combination lately, never having thought they'd go together so good.

    In fact I found a 5" planter on clearance at Home depot that's a flared shape in chocolate with pink rim & saucer. :D
  • heatfanheatfan Posts: 6Registered Users
    The SpringGarden is my diaper bag. My mother-in-law gave it me for a shower gift. Whatever you do, don't wash it!
  • heatfanheatfan Posts: 6Registered Users
    The Spring is my diaperbag :)
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    M2LR & Co. wrote:
    Holy &%$@#!!!!

    I just checked the prices. I will have to admire it from afar.

    You might also like Kecci bags. The price is nice too. :D

    Kecci
  • mad scientistmad scientist Posts: 3,530Registered Users
    medussa wrote:
    M2LR & Co. wrote:
    Holy &%$@#!!!!

    I just checked the prices. I will have to admire it from afar.

    You might also like Kecci bags. The price is nice too. :D

    Kecci

    Yup, I have the ruby Kecci and love it ($36 at Nordstrom Rack). I've travelled cross-country 4 times already, just me and DS, with it as my only carry-on.

    Shanghai-Ruby-SW.jpg

    All the PPB are beautiful, I can't decide!
  • guinnessguinness Posts: 351Registered Users
    My vote's for Garden! That's just based on looks....I can see why you'd need another for functionality's sake :wink:
  • love yourself firstlove yourself first Posts: 5,398Registered Users
    Yup, I have the ruby Kecci and love it ($36 at Nordstrom Rack). I've travelled cross-country 4 times already, just me and DS, with it as my only carry-on.

    Shanghai-Ruby-SW.jpg

    !

    OMG - that bag is hot!!! Makes me want to rush out and get pregnant so I have an excuse to buy one 8)

    I voted for Velveteen, with Sunset Dragon and Dynamite as my next choices. Great bags.
    "Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people."
    "I think that somehow, we learn who we really are and then we live with that decision."
    - Eleanor Roosevelt (both quotes)

    (taking a break from posting starting late august 2009)