First set of questions

soonermomsoonermom Posts: 73Registered Users
Ok, so I went out and bought some products to get me started. This morning I did my first official CG routine. I am anxious to see how it looks when it completely dries. I do have a few questions. How often do you co-wash? I have oily hair and am worried about it getting that way. A few months ago I read something about no-poo and decided to try that routine with baking soda and ACV. I liked how it worked, but something happened and my hair was not responding and was getting greasy so I went to just sulfate-free shampoo, but when i ran out i went back to what i had around the house which was just regular shampoo.
I am also worried because I have recently started working out and am a very sweaty person. If I co-wash everyday will it be enough to clean workout grunge out of my hair. Before working out I was only washing my hair every other day instead of everyday like I always have.
Also about conditioning, how often? Today I did it after my co-wash, but do you do it everyday, every other day, once a week...? I am looking forward to seeing if my hair responds to CG!

Comments

• Curls=BeautyCurls=Beauty Posts: 1,781Registered Users
    Some people co-wash every day, while others co-wash once a week. More of a preference thing.
    Lately I have been conditioning after every co-wash (every day). I'll see how that goes. Really, you will need to see how much you can handle and need.
    Not a whole lot of people have truly greasy scalps. More likely it is the shampoo that was causing it to be that way. No matter what you do there is going to be a period of time (whether it be two weeks or six weeks) that your hair is not going to look very good and is going to be greasy.
    Co-washing is more than enough to clean the grunge from your scalp/hair. Massage it all over your scalp for a good two minutes and that is fine to clean your scalp.
    My new favorite conditioner for co-washing is Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat Conditioner.
    Cleanser: Liquid Castile Soap diluted in a foaming soap dispenser
    Rinse:
    ACV rinse
    Detangler/Conditioner:
    Oyin Handmade Greg Juice or Juices and Berries
    Stylers: Botticelli Botanicals Styling Mudd, KCCC, Honey Rinses and BRHG, Crack Leave-in Hair Cream when straightening

Tools: Silk pillowcase, Floursack towels, Jersey T-Shirts, Wide Tooth Comb, Velecta Paramount TGR-VQX Hair Dryer (for when I straighten) and BaByliss PRO Ionic Rollabout Hard Hat Dryer

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file