Urine for acne treatment...??

DominoDomino Registered Users Posts: 287
I've come across this a couple months ago on a forum I frequently visit. This advice was for ladies with PCOS, because PCOS almost always causes acne.

For those of you that don't know, urine is 95% water, 2.5% urea and 2.5% hormones, vitamins and minerals. In a healthy person's urine, there is no bacteria. It's not a "waste", it's just excess goods.

Now, besides the "ewww" factor and the smell...I'm thinking it may be effective because of the hormones in it. Many people have reported positive effects such as disappearing acne and scars, glowing skin etc.

I'm wondering if anyone here tried it...??
:king: Priestess Brigit of the Moonlight Oracle in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :king:

Type: Mix of 1c/2c/3a , fine-ish medium, ii/iii, normal porosity
Lenght: U-Shaped BSL
Goal: Wavy and clumpy waist length hair

Comments

• The New BlackThe New Black Registered Users Posts: 16,754 Curl Connoisseur
    ??????????????????????????????
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • KinkyKeeperKinkyKeeper Registered Users Posts: 963
    Anyone who has swam in a pool apparently....

I knew pool peers were in the right. Heros they are, tirelessly curing other's acne.
  • VTmomVTmom Registered Users Posts: 2,487 Curl Connoisseur
    umm...I'm thinking "no."
    The smallest deed is greater than the grandest intention.

I am the master of my fate: I am the captain of my soul. (Invictus - William Ernest Henley)

Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that,
    Used to worry 'bout rich and skinny, 'til I wound up poor and fat,
    Nowadays I kind of worry where my mind's been at,
    Just think I used to worry 'bout things like that. (Delbert McClinton - I Used to Worry from Never Been Rocked Enough)
  • MimsTXMimsTX Registered Users Posts: 3,482 Curl Neophyte
    Ok, i'm sorry... I know i hate my PCOS acne, but that's just too far for me. lol, I'll take the acne...

(incidentally... after dropping about 25 lbs my face is SO much better than it was. It's still not perfect, but now I have like 1 cystic pimple rather than the 20 I had before...)
    CG/Mod CG (soap bars) since 8/12/08
    CO wash/Cond: Kathymack & Flowermoon Castille soap bars, V05 Chamomile Tea, Suave Ocean Breeze, Biolage Conditioning Balm
    Styling loves: DIFFUSING! CK, KCNT, KCCC, FOTE (on dry hair only), Re:coil, Proclaim gel
    Not sure about: Boots, Tweek, KBB Milk, DMHJ
    HATE: plopping, FOTE on wet hair, BRHG
  • CletysmomCletysmom Registered Users Posts: 113

I knew pool peers were in the right. Heros they are, tirelessly curing other's acne.

LMAO! I just have to make that my new signature!

I have never broken out in my life until now! I've heard of adult-onset acne, but never thought it would be me since I've always battled dry skin issues. I think it's some sort of PMS side affect because it hits around that time now. PMS is kicking my azz lately. I never knew it got worse with age. :?

Noooo I'm not quite that desperate, though. I'm going to talk to my doctor about birth control pills because if this is a PMS thing, that should help. Talk to me in a few months. If this doesn't go away, I may look your idea.
    Cletysmom wrote: »

I have never broken out in my life until now! I've heard of adult-onset acne, but never thought it would be me since I've always battled dry skin issues. I think it's some sort of PMS side affect because it hits around that time now. PMS is kicking my azz lately. I never knew it got worse with age. :?

Noooo I'm not quite that desperate, though. I'm going to talk to my doctor about birth control pills because if this is a PMS thing, that should help. Talk to me in a few months. If this doesn't go away, I may look your idea.

That's an excellent signature Cletysmom:headbang:
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Registered Users Posts: 31,259 Curl Connoisseur

You're welcome. I do what I can.
  • NoraCurlNoraCurl Registered Users Posts: 345
    OK...I think the fact of putting urine on your face is just DISGUSTING:puker:

I have big acne problems, especially around the time of my period. I used to use Proactiv. It cleared my skin up a little bit, but no dramatic results. When my aunt referred me to Mary Kay, my acne was GONE. A forehead and chin full of acne, completely disappeared in one week! Here is my routine with Mary Kay's products:

Velocity Facial Cleanser
    Blemish Control Formula 3 Facial Toner
    Acne Solutions Acne Treatment Gel (if needed)
    Velocity Lightweight Moisturizer
    :toothy4::toothy4:
    "Smile...just do it.":angel11:

3aMii, medium porosity, medium to low elasticity:color:

Shampoo & Conditioner: HE Hydralicious Featherweight
    Styling: HETMS Spray Gel and Finishing Touch Cream
    DT: GF Triple Nutrition

You're welcome. I do what I can.

Awesome, keep up the good work. :notworthy:
  • curls 2nvcurls 2nv Registered Users Posts: 318
    h3ll to the no on that one!!!! not mine or anyone else urine is traveling that far up to my face. in order for me to use it, i would have to see INSTANTANEOUS results. aint gon' be no waiting two weeks for this to work, lol
    CG Curly
    Why does the pj monster haunt me so?:twisted:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Growing my bf's hair from cbl to apl
  • CletysmomCletysmom Registered Users Posts: 113
    Cletysmom wrote: »

That's an excellent signature Cletysmom:headbang:

I thought afterwards maybe I should've asked you for permission to use it first. So I'm glad you approve! :profileright:
  • IzzyTheTerribleIzzyTheTerrible Registered Users Posts: 194
    Ahem!

Although I have never personally tried it (and yes Urine is completely clean), I do know two people who have and had AMAZING results!

The one girl I knew had extreme acne. She'd tried everything, even oral medications did not help. Out of desperation she tried this at the suggestion of her grandmother. Within a week her skin started REALLY clearing up.

I know it sounds gross, but really it's not. All she did was keep cotton rounds next to the toilet. She dipped it in the stream and applied as you would any toner.

After 2 - 3 weeks of doing this, though she still had her acne scars, she had very few incidents of acne.

Unfortunately I was not very close with the other girl, so I'm not sure what her regime was, but I know she did this religiously.
    2a-2b/fine/LOTS of it/Florida Dews
    CG as of 7/29.

Co-Wash: Suave Tropical Coconut
    RO-Condish: Suave Tropical Coconut / Matrix Conditioning Balm
    Low-Poo: Daisy Fuentes

Protein --> :love8: <-- My Hair
    I wouldn't dare tell anyone I put pee on my face, much less someone I don't know well.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • rudeechickrudeechick Registered Users Posts: 6,726
    Ahem!

Although I have never personally tried it (and yes Urine is completely clean), I do know two people who have and had AMAZING results!

The one girl I knew had extreme acne. She'd tried everything, even oral medications did not help. Out of desperation she tried this at the suggestion of her grandmother. Within a week her skin started REALLY clearing up.

I know it sounds gross, but really it's not. All she did was keep cotton rounds next to the toilet. She dipped it in the stream and applied as you would any toner.

After 2 - 3 weeks of doing this, though she still had her acne scars, she had very few incidents of acne.

Unfortunately I was not very close with the other girl, so I'm not sure what her regime was, but I know she did this religiously.

Is it possible her zits got grossed out and LEFT?!?!?:laughing2:
    Curls,Coils,Waves & WhatKnot:geek:
    3miii/My HGs tame bulk&frizz/Give definition w/o crunch
    My Photobucket Album
  • *Marah**Marah* Registered Users Posts: 8,032 Curl Neophyte
    Well I personally would never use urine for anything..but I guess people that use it for acne curing is a lot better than using it to DRINK!

My husband and I love mixed martial arts..and we watch the UFC all the time... Lyoto Machido (an MMA fighter) drinks PEE!

Check this out:

Lyoto Machida, who is challenging Rashad Evans for the UFC heavyweight title in May, told Brazilian fight magazine Tatame that his family has a long standing tradition of drinking their own urine:
    “My father does that for a long time and bring it to us. People think it’s a joke (laughs). I never said it in the United States because I don’t know how the fans will react (laughs). I drink my urine every morning like a natural medicine.”
    It sounds pretty outrageous, but Machida's not the only fighter or athlete who chugs his own pee. MMA's resident weirdo Luke Cummo does the same. Cummo explained that urine "contains minerals, hormones and elements that bind moisture to protein." Cummo says it's all part of the body's recycling process and it's a more common practice than Americans think. That said, this out of shape, unhealthy blogger will take a pass.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/blog/cagewriter/post/Machida-I-drink-my-urine-every-morning-?urn=mma,150216
    tumblr_m9jonzYZmu1re7hjjo1_250.jpg
    wow...now they got me wondering what it tastes like.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

• OBBOBB Registered Users Posts: 4,174 Curl Neophyte
    pregnant vietnamese women used to drink young childrens pee. back in old europe pee was used as teeth whitener also.
  • IzzyTheTerribleIzzyTheTerrible Registered Users Posts: 194
    OBB wrote: »
    pregnant vietnamese women used to drink young childrens pee. back in old europe pee was used as teeth whitener also.

Yeah, I think it might have something to do with the acid (for your face and your teeth).

Maybe just use some ACV? hehe
    2a-2b/fine/LOTS of it/Florida Dews
    CG as of 7/29.

Co-Wash: Suave Tropical Coconut
    RO-Condish: Suave Tropical Coconut / Matrix Conditioning Balm
    Low-Poo: Daisy Fuentes

Protein --> :love8: <-- My Hair
    Phoenix wrote: »
    wow...now they got me wondering what it tastes like.

Oh dear goodness... please don't taste any...LOL! I can't IMAGINE drinking urine or fantasizing what piss tastes like...BLEH!

Yeah, I think it might have something to do with the acid (for your face and your teeth).

Maybe just use some ACV? hehe

You maybe right... I remember when I was younger my mom said that she and her sister use to take a cotton ball and rub vinegar over their faces to help with acne and she said it really worked well!

So I don't know it could be the acid. And I would much rather use vinegar than piss.

But I use ProActiv which works really well for me. So I'll be sticking with that and my Oil of Olay anti-aging products now that I've passed the 30 mark! LOL!
  • pandoraspoxxpandoraspoxx Registered Users Posts: 248
    Ummm...no...I can not drink it nor put it on my face.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file