CurlTalk

Haircut advice, por favor?

My hair is pretty long and I've been toying with the idea of cutting it for the last couple weeks. Whatever I do, I know I'm not going to let the scissors near it till November, because then it will be a PLAN, not a WHIM, and also it will have been three years since the last chop.

I'd like to do an inverted bob, though perhaps a little longer than in the picture. However, before I get too committed to the idea, I need some input from y'all.

My hair is 3a with some 3b, and the last time I had it cut short I was still on 'cones with a lot less curl definition. Also, I was 15 and my face was rounder than it is now, so short hair probably wasn't a great plan at the time. Also the cut wasn't a good curly one (a straight bob...shudder). These pictures from 2006:

100_0197.jpg
curlsshort.jpg
100_0320.jpg
100_6446.jpg

This is what my hair (and m'face!) looks like now:

100_7950.jpg
100_7909.jpg
100_7965.jpg

My question is, do you think the hair type will be okay - curly, enough, in other words - to look good with the inverted bob? My bangs are about nose length when dry, and they are WAY curlier than the bob was three years ago.
Proudly CG since 8/10/06 - the story of my hair!
Type: 3a/b, very thick
Length: almost BSL wet
Products: Suave coconut conditioner, coconut oil, Totally Twisted gel

Don't forget to be awesome!

Comments

• ElithiaElithia Posts: 297Registered Users
    I hate doing this, but I'm gonna bump because this is driving me insane. ;) I can't stop thinking about it!

• LL~2009LL~2009 Posts: 146Registered Users
    I think you would look great w/ an inverted bob . It's a lot easier than long but long has it's perks too.
    fine texture, porous,2c,3a&b (depending on humidity and length)Going gray

Wash: KCCC
    Co wash~ Acure conditioner,JM Citrus Neroli
    Leave in: KCKT, beatiful curls shae butter
    Stylers: KKCC,
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users
    You can start with a longer inverted bob--almost shoulder length and work your way up, if you're concerned. Looks like you have root curl that isn't getting pulled out by the length--so it should be curly when cut shorter.

I think your hair might be similar to mine in curl pattern. Since I'm almost 40 years older, I don't have the density I used to have. My stylist and I are both surprised that it keeps getting curlier--even as he cuts it shorter. I think it's the products and techniques I've learned about on nc.com. Most important thing is to have a great stylist. A great haircut is the foundation for everything else.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ElithiaElithia Posts: 297Registered Users
    I see. Well, thank you very much. :)

Finding a stylist will, indeed, be a problem. I live in VERY rural Oregon.