Octomom--Nadya's interview, anyone watch?

rainshowerrainshower Posts: 4,420Registered Users
according to her mother, nadya spent more of her money on unnecessary toys for the kids than she contributed to the household or cared for the kids.

the end was comical yet hard to watch. all 8 babies were splayed on the floor as she introduced each one to the camera. it was funny to hear the harmony of all the cries and see all the little feet kicking, but it made me realize how impossible it would be for her to raise 14 children alone and virtually impossible for her to care for 8 infants who will largely have practically the same needs and same demands of her at any given time. someone is going to be neglected. i just don't believe one parent can give 14 children all the individual attention, consistent discipline, instruction, and nurturing that each will need.

she seems to be delusional about what that masters degree will afford her by way of a salary. her mother explained to her that a master's degree isn't going to be enough to financially support 14 young children.

will she have indefinite assistance from nannies and nonprofits or will she one day be cut loose and left to parent them all on her own?
"Dogs stink too, but I like dog stink." ~ rileyb

Comments

• sarah42sarah42 Posts: 4,034Registered Users
    I didn't watch the interview, but I'm not surprised by anything with her. What a nutcase. I get overwhelmed sometimes by my two young children, and I have a husband. As for the master's degree....hubby and I both have masters, and we're certainly not rich with our 1.5 incomes (me working part-time), and we live in the Midwest, which is far cheaper than California.

I feel sorry for those kids. I really really doubt that all 14 of them can be getting all of their needs met.
    ehLB.jpg
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I didn't watch and have nothing helpful to contribute, but I just want to say how much I hate the term "octomom." For some reason in my brain, it evokes this image of a giant, fat octopus mom in a deep sea lair, with a bunch of little octopus babies all around her. :oops: Yeah, I'm nuts.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • rainshowerrainshower Posts: 4,420Registered Users
    Kaia wrote: »
    I didn't watch and have nothing helpful to contribute, but I just want to say how much I hate the term "octomom." For some reason in my brain, it evokes this image of a giant, fat octopus mom in a deep sea lair, with a bunch of little octopus babies all around her. :oops: Yeah, I'm nuts.

you mean like this?

october1.jpg

or this? 300.octomom.art.lc.032009.jpg

i like the first one better! :sign5:
    "Dogs stink too, but I like dog stink." ~ rileyb
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    OMG, I'm gonna have nightmares now!
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file