Restarting routine

Clank.RClank.R Posts: 15Registered Users
Hi all,
somewhere along the line in the last year I stopped co-washing and started using organic shampoo and conditioner. I had a closer look at the bottles in the last few days and both the shampoo and condish have d-cone in them.

I'm wanting to restart my CG routine, but don't know how to get rid of all the d-cone build up... I have a sls shampoo in the cupboard still, but its got d-cone as well.....
suggestions?

thanks!!
Australian curly, living in Canberra, ACT

Discovered CG in November 2007.
Been on and off 'cones and sulphates ever since....
Last use of 'cones or sulphates: December 2, '09

Comments

• Future WaveFuture Wave Posts: 154Registered Users
    The cheapest, and most likely easiest way to get a sulfate shampoo is to just go to the closest grocery, drug store or walmart and pick up a bottle of Suave shampoo. Make sure it's from the Naturals line, because some of their other shampoos have cones in them.

I know it seems wasteful to buy one of those big bottles to use just one time (even if it does only cost about $1), but it's a good idea to keep on hand, just in case you accidentally end up using some product with cones in it again. And if you're always extremely careful to avoid cones, you can always use it as a liquid hand wash soap, or give it to someone who uses sulfate shampoos.
    co-wash - Suave Naturals Coconut
    condish - Trader Joe's TTT and Refresh
    styling - FOTE, shea butter, jojoba oil, LA Looks

Kryptonite: Stearalkonium Chloride, quats
  • curls 2nvcurls 2nv Posts: 318Registered Users
    id just use it anyway, but only if the silicone is not so far up in the ingredients list as the sulfate. i honestly never did the final sulfate wash, i mean i washed with shampoo but not with a different one. i just used a different conditioner, and i never felt any build up on my hair.
    CG Curly
    Why does the pj monster haunt me so?:twisted:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Growing my bf's hair from cbl to apl
  • Clank.RClank.R Posts: 15Registered Users
    I am so so so excited! I found a cone less sulphate shampoo in the cupboard. I first coated my ends with condish and then did did the sulphate poo, and finally conditioned twice.

Then, after all the reading here, I put product on with my hair wet and then plopped with a long sleeved T-shirt.

My hair was amazing. :blob8:
    I am stunned....

And today after a condish rinse and plop its good again. Not quite as good as yesterday, but still pretty good. Tons more body and very ringlet-y hair. My hair is thick but normally very flat. And it normally mats at the nape, but the last two days hasn't.

I'm inclined to take from this that my hair hates cones and will be doing my best to avoid them.

I'm so so excited to see if/how my hair improves!
    Australian curly, living in Canberra, ACT

Discovered CG in November 2007.
    Been on and off 'cones and sulphates ever since....
    Last use of 'cones or sulphates: December 2, '09

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file