If you could pick any celeb curls, whose would you pick?

Comments

• curls4achangecurls4achange Posts: 6Registered Users
    Taylor swift or marsha ambrosius[IMG][/img]marsha-candles.jpg&w=475&h=369&ei=wRjQT4qtAejg2QX_34nhDQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=737&vpy=248&dur=434&hovh=198&hovw=255&tx=135&ty=111&sig=100098373129155789747&page=1&tbnh=122&tbnw=158&ndsp=64&ved=1t:429,r:45,s:0,i:40
  • BlackAngelPlayahBlackAngelPlayah Posts: 1,419Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I mostly envy the length other curlies have than the curls. I stay sane knowing if my hair gets that long it will be totally awesome too. :D

😜🍸Sent LIVE from my JPhone 4 using some CurlTalk app. 😜🍸

http://AfroCurls.wordpress.com
    :afro:FroZen:afro:
  • CurlyUniqueCurlyUnique Posts: 94Registered Users
    There is one celeb who's hair I wish I had.

Alex Kingston. This woman's hair is gorgeous! I am beyond envious of her locks. I love when she wears it big and voluminous. Huge hair is my thing so when I saw her on my favorite show (doctor who) I fell in love with her hair. If my hair looked like this I'd be one happy girl.

j9yh4k.jpg

4uxhs3.png

2woc8ww.jpg
    2c/3a with some 2b-fine/coarse-iii-low porosity-normal elasticity
    [FONT=&quot]Started CG 10/16/12
    Co-Wash
    :[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] Vo5 Kiwi Lime [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Conditioner:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Tresemme Naturals
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Styling Products:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] La Bella Lots of Curls gel [/FONT]
  • sdkittysdkitty Posts: 360Registered Users Curl Novice
    Shakira - I think mostly because she is so beautiful.
    and Debra Messing when she was on Will & Grace
  • sdkittysdkitty Posts: 360Registered Users Curl Novice
  • elizardelizard Posts: 284Registered Users
    I'll go with celeb hair I could maybe possibly aspire to have some day...

1. I've been watching too much 30 Rock, and I'm obsessed with Liz Lemon's hair (not sure if Tina Fey's natural texture is anything like this).

2. Sandra Oh - I'd die for the volume she gets.

fey3.jpg

sandraoh.jpg
    2b/c wavy modified CG since July 2012
    medium texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity
    hair likes protein, doesn't like oils, easily OC'd

low poo: JCHCC, CJGCS
    RO/co-wash/LI: YTCarrots, DB Pumpkin Seed
    stylers: a bunch of stylers that are all pretty much the same (KCCC, UFDCM, CRCM, CKCJ) or ArcAngel if I need more hold
    DT/PT: CJRM, CNPF
  • lexcoupelexcoupe Posts: 100Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I know it's a weave but Halle's curls are fabulous!! I want that hair!!
    - Lexcoupe

Hair type 3C/4A
    Last Relaxer – 10/10
    BC – 5/1/11
    Porosity- Normal to High
    Currently:toothy5:
    Co-Wash - TN, AM
    Poo - SM MR
    LI - Giovanni SAS; Almost anything Curl Junkie
    Styler – And even more Curl Junkie; Mixed Chicks
    Gelly - Umm, did I mention Curl Junkie?
  • SweetSquatchiiSweetSquatchii Posts: 138Registered Users
    Hands down, breathtaking and my all time fav curl-spiration...

Seane Corn
    Seane_Corn.jpg

Ugh, I die a little inside when I see her hair. ALL the volume. THE VOLUME! le sigh
    2C, Medium/Fine, Low Porosity, High Density - CG since 5.19.12
    Cowash: Burt's Bee's More Moisture Boabab
    Conditioner/LI: Nature's Gate Tea Tree Conditioner - I don't RO
    Styling Products: KCCC, KY, Deva Arc AnGel, HESMU
    There is one celeb who's hair I wish I had.

Alex Kingston. This woman's hair is gorgeous! I am beyond envious of her locks. I love when she wears it big and voluminous. Huge hair is my thing so when I saw her on my favorite show (doctor who) I fell in love with her hair. If my hair looked like this I'd be one happy girl.

j9yh4k.jpg

4uxhs3.png

2woc8ww.jpg

I completely agree. I love the wild woman look and she pulls it off do well. Esp in Doctor Who!

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
  • elizardelizard Posts: 284Registered Users
    wow! i wanna know what products seane corn is using NOW
    2b/c wavy modified CG since July 2012
    medium texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity
    hair likes protein, doesn't like oils, easily OC'd

low poo: JCHCC, CJGCS
    RO/co-wash/LI: YTCarrots, DB Pumpkin Seed
    stylers: a bunch of stylers that are all pretty much the same (KCCC, UFDCM, CRCM, CKCJ) or ArcAngel if I need more hold
    DT/PT: CJRM, CNPF
    elizard wrote: »

Apparently many people have emailed her and she's told them but NONE have posted it. Believe me I've tried to search. ;)

I did email her to tell her she's my hairspiration. I'm sure she's sick of hearing it but I know I'd like to hear it.
    elizard wrote: »

She just emailed me back!!

She uses Pantene shampoo/conditioner and then this gel called “Style” by Maxime, when she gets out of the shower. Its the “soft texturing gel for all hair types.” Plus she uses “Frizz Ease” by John Frieda. She will part her hair down the middle, then comb or pick her hair through to straight, then proceed to blow dry her hair with a diffuser upside down, trying to keep the curls in tact.

I guess she's just born with amazing hair!! Darn genetics!

Sent from my iPhone using CurlTalk
  • ClaireAndLolaClaireAndLola Posts: 22Registered Users
    I think there's a lot of mystery surrounding whether these are real or not (I think for the most part they were, and she made them a bit thicker sometimes with a couple of clip ins...might be rag curls too) but MARY PICKFORD, my god, this was the picture that made me ditch my straightener:

tumblr_lzbqtdfs101qz9qooo1_1280.jpg

I am not and never will ever be close to this, but I am OBSESSED with her beautiful ringlets...

220px-Mary_Pickford_cph.3c17995u.jpg
    PBDMAPI-EC009.jpg

also, Uma Thurman fighting the Crazy 88 at the end of Kill Bill Vol 1...although this may be because of the curly girl badass-ness XD

kill_bill_xl_06.jpg
  • NaturalBabyDollNaturalBabyDoll Posts: 23Registered Users
    I think there's a lot of mystery surrounding whether these are real or not (I think for the most part they were, and she made them a bit thicker sometimes with a couple of clip ins...might be rag curls too) but MARY PICKFORD, my god, this was the picture that made me ditch my straightener:

I am not and never will ever be close to this, but I am OBSESSED with her beautiful ringlets...

PBDMAPI-EC009.jpg

also, Uma Thurman fighting the Crazy 88 at the end of Kill Bill Vol 1...although this may be because of the curly girl badass-ness XD

kill_bill_xl_06.jpg

When I was younger, my best friend's little sister had the curliest hair! Her hair was always in a pony tail or pig tails but they always looked like the curls in the pics of Mary Pickford that you posted. I watched their mom do her hair one day, to my surprise, that look was achieved using her pointy finger and a brush. She would grab a ringlet, wrap it loosely around her finger, and then brush and smooth the curl around her finger. When that was done she would slip her finger out of the bottom and go to the next curl. I don't know if Mary Pickford went through that process, but those curls looks exactly like my best friend's little sister's perfect curls. I thought Uma Thurman's hair looked awesome in Kill Bill as well!
    event.png
    event.png
    event.png

I document my hair journey HERE
    oh wow! i've never even heard of that method before, although it makes a lot of sense! hahaha yeah I am a wavy (a little closer to the Uma Thurman picture, actually) so I think unless I want to commit a lot of time and products, the big lovely Pickford hair is wishful thinking for me ^^ but still, she's like my hair idol--when I saw her I was like "didn't my hair used to be curly when I was a kid? I wonder if...that's it, I'm not straightening ever again!" hahahaha she completely converted me, and truth be told I haven't straightened once in about a year and a half now XD
    oh wow! i've never even heard of that method before, although it makes a lot of sense! hahaha yeah I am a wavy (a little closer to the Uma Thurman picture, actually) so I think unless I want to commit a lot of time and products, the big lovely Pickford hair is wishful thinking for me ^^ but still, she's like my hair idol--when I saw her I was like "didn't my hair used to be curly when I was a kid? I wonder if...that's it, I'm not straightening ever again!" hahahaha she completely converted me, and truth be told I haven't straightened once in about a year and a half now XD

That's awesome! Congrats on giving up heat! I gave up the heat about 8 months ago. Even though your hair is more wavy like Uma's, you can probably recreate the look of the Pickford hair with curlformers or flexi rods!
    event.png
    event.png
    event.png

hahahaha good point, I'll have to make it a day project :) maybe if I'm successful I'll post it on here somewhere as some sort of hair art statement :)

and *high fives* no heat is awesome~ can't believe how much better everything looks without having to get up an hour earlier in the morning XD
    hahahaha good point, I'll have to make it a day project :) maybe if I'm successful I'll post it on here somewhere as some sort of hair art statement :)

and *high fives* no heat is awesome~ can't believe how much better everything looks without having to get up an hour earlier in the morning XD

I would LOVE to see the results! And definitely *high fives* to no heat! My hair is so much healthier since I stopped blow drying and flat ironing my hair! It takes all day for my hair to air dry but its totally worth it!

I know I already posted pics of the celebrities who's curls I would love to have but I have a totally new hair crush! The singer Elle Varner has amazing curls! I'm so in love with her hair!

319321_10150981837166636_349721621_n.jpg

388130_10150972264236636_1087258330_n.jpg

292356_10150968173356636_1180569945_n.jpg

423552_10150571901456636_234999325_n.jpg

222276_10150164222266636_1067319_n.jpg

181590_498855301635_2238665_n.jpg

299825_10150315814216636_160752776_n.jpg

299053_10150315814156636_1996327458_n.jpg

561439_10150910992576636_83821839_n.jpg

I know I overdid it with the pics but seriously, I have a COMPLETE crush on her hair!
    event.png
    event.png
    event.png

oo oo! sorry for posting twice but I completely forgot my absolute favorite!

Jennifer Grey as Baby in Dirty Dancing:

safe_image.php?d=AQDYubQs7U0qnDj0&url=http%3A%2F%2Fcdn5.movieclips.com%2Flionsgate%2Fd%2Fdirty-dancing-1987%2F0135555_39389_MC_Tx304.jpg 37n4naymmdk1n7nk.jpg

Best 80's hair I've ever seen XD
    oo oo! sorry for posting twice but I completely forgot my absolute favorite!

Jennifer Grey as Baby in Dirty Dancing:

safe_image.php?d=AQDYubQs7U0qnDj0&url=http%3A%2F%2Fcdn5.movieclips.com%2Flionsgate%2Fd%2Fdirty-dancing-1987%2F0135555_39389_MC_Tx304.jpg 37n4naymmdk1n7nk.jpg

Best 80's hair I've ever seen XD

I'd totally take that today, 80's or not!!!
    I love Jennifer Grey! She had to be one of my favorite curlies when she was younger. Kind of sad that she straightens her hair more now but when she does have the slight sign of a curl I am super happy! Dirty Dancing has to be one of my all time favorite movies!
    event.png
    event.png
    event.png

hahaha it's one of my absolute favorite movies too! cheers!
  • CurlyUniqueCurlyUnique Posts: 94Registered Users

PBDMAPI-EC009.jpg

These ringlets make me want to cry. :-(
    When I was younger my hair was just like that! then it went straight now it's getting curl back but I don't think it will ever be like that again. Her hair was so pretty.
    2c/3a with some 2b-fine/coarse-iii-low porosity-normal elasticity
    [FONT=&quot]Started CG 10/16/12
    Co-Wash
    :[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot] Vo5 Kiwi Lime [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Conditioner:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Tresemme Naturals
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Styling Products:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] La Bella Lots of Curls gel [/FONT]
  • fefe912fefe912 Posts: 570Registered Users
    Travie McCoy :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=6451&d=1316208719
  • Mz.BerrieMz.Berrie Posts: 20Registered Users
  • moderndaychihiromoderndaychihiro Posts: 12Registered Users
    I'd choose Aisha Dee's hair in a split second. I ADORE her curls!!!

Aisha+Dee+FOX+Star+Party+Arrivals+Oqa6k0Im5q_l.jpg

Aisha%2BDee%2BBrenner%2BLiana%2B%25283%2529.jpg
  • sKorpio1190sKorpio1190 Posts: 1,862Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Medium texture, normal porosity, normal elasticity :shock:
  • crazycurlyhaircrazycurlyhair Posts: 14Registered Users
    Jazzlyn Marae (hard to find a good pic because she wears her hair differently now and the older pics seemed to have nearly vanished)

l.jpg
  • adthomasadthomas Posts: 5,525Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Esperanza Beautiful:toothy4:
    Yes, it's real. No, you can't touch it. :wav:
  • sew and sewsew and sew Posts: 3,443Registered Users
    It's impossible for me to pick one. It depends on mood :D

Some of my favorites though:

Australian country singer Sherrie Austin
    Sherri+Austin+sherrie+austin.jpg

She really rocks her curls in this video

Meg Ryan with her shiny bob-mop of curls. Not necessarily that length (though it definitely worked on her).

Keri Russel during her Felicty era.

This thread made me take note of Sidney Poitier's curls. I like that as a whole it has the simple beautiful flow of straight hair with the way it sets...if that makes sense. But it's more interesting.

sydney-poitier-death-proof.jpg

I don't know who this is but I saved it on my computer a few months ago. Love the angling of the cut for a shortish look, and the curls are just incredibly cute. It would be a lot of fun to have this hair:
    “It was only a sunny smile and little it cost in the giving but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living.” - F. Scott Fitzgerald

3B ■ Medium/Course ■ High Porosity

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file