stroller frames?

deedlesdeedles Posts: 2,467Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
I still have my HUGE graco travel stroller and carseat that we used with Liam.. but for this baby I am thinking of selling that and getting one of those strollers that the carseat fits into a simple frame to make the stroller...

do you know what these are called..
I have also seen ones with an additional spot for older siblings

D
Liam: 6 years old
Colin: 3 years old

Comments

• inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Posts: 2,954Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I think it's just stroller frame...but there are different brands.

Don't forget though...that stroller frame will only last around 6 months 7 or 8 if your lucky...then you will need another stroller.

I would go for something more like below. This way you can use your infant seat and Liam has somewhere to sit or stand. Then when the infant seat is gone you still have a stroller for the little one...and a place for Liam. I think even 4 or 5 year olds get tired sometimes of walking.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3096361

FYI, I wish I had bought a sit and stand instead of a double stroller.
  • Jess the MessJess the Mess Posts: 5,844Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I think it's just stroller frame...but there are different brands.

Don't forget though...that stroller frame will only last around 6 months 7 or 8 if your lucky...then you will need another stroller.

I would go for something more like below. This way you can use your infant seat and Liam has somewhere to sit or stand. Then when the infant seat is gone you still have a stroller for the little one...and a place for Liam. I think even 4 or 5 year olds get tired sometimes of walking.

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3096361

FYI, I wish I had bought a sit and stand instead of a double stroller.
    +1

The double was a pain and Ivy got too big for the front waaaay before we were done needing a place for 2 kids. Poor girl had to walk way more than she wanted.
    High Priestess JessMess, follower of the Goddess of the Coiling Way and Confiscator of Concoctions in the Order of the Curly Crusaders

• sariroosariroo Posts: 1,958Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I have no experience with having two kids at once but I did have a frame that my carseat fit into. Both my carseat and frame were Baby Trend. I loved it.

It was small enough to move around in stores easily and not get in everyone's way like the huge strollers. People with huge strollers are forever getting on my nerves. It had storage under the seat and on the handle (including cupholders). The baby loved being in her carseat when she was really little and it made it so easy to not have to carry the heavy seat, especially after a c-section. I loved it for shopping. I would rather push a stroller than a cart when I'm not buying a lot. It was great while it lasted but my baby was very long and grew out of her infant seat at 4 months. Even after that, I bought a smaller stroller for shopping and gave my pregnant friend my carseat and stroller and she was thrilled because she had the huge Graco system from her first child and hated it but didn't want to buy something new.
    316vq4y.jpg
  • cosmicflycosmicfly Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    I had a snap n go for Aidan that I bought used off of Craigslist. I loved it; it was especially great when A fell asleep in the car and we were at a cookout or something- then again, he was tiny in the summer. FWIW, Maya is 3 years, 4 months older than A and if we will be somewhere where Maya will need the stroller, I will use the jogger and wear Aidan. I have a double (side by side), but it's not great except for exercise because of the size and because she doesn't need a stroller all the time. If I could find a buggy board for the back if the jogger, I'd probably get one.
  • briccagrlbriccagrl Posts: 540Registered Users
    Although you can only use them for a short amount of time. Totally worth it IMO. But yes you will need new stoller after 6+ months.
    .png
  • LieselLiesel Posts: 189Registered Users
    With my second I got the Phil & Ted (I think it was Scuba was mentioned it here long ago) with the doubles kit. I love it. I have heard great things from others abou the cart you are talking about and debated about it the second time around, but my oldest still needed a place to sit. He was quite old enough to be trusted to walk with me.
    The sit and stand always looked intriguing too. I can't remember why I decided not to go that route though... Good luck on what you decide.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file