Milk of Magnesia mask - what kind?

tgreyztgreyz Posts: 1,627Registered Users
I went to Wal Mart and bought a bottle of generic original milk of magnesia. I have heard it is a good mask for oily skin. Is this the right kind? And do I just smear it on my face or dilute it somehow?
3b or 3c curls | My Fotki
combo2.gif________________________________________________

event.png

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I used to use MOM for an acne mask YEARS AND YEARS ago. I just smeared it on my face and let it dry. Sometimes I left it on overnight. I don't actually think it ever really helped, but in those days, I was so desparate for help that I tried anything.

These days, I use a good quality salicylic acid and that keeps my pores clear and my oil under control. The SA's in the grocery/drug stores are crap though...filled with detergents and fillers that make them ineffective and even cause breakouts. I use this one:

http://dianayvonne.com/product/CSE40_4

It has only 3 ingredients and works wonders on my pores.
  • Gemini13Gemini13 Posts: 5,000Registered Users
    It doesn't matter what kind of MOM you use. I haven't tried is as a mask, what I do is smear some on my T-zone after I've applied products like toner, acne cream, etc, but before I put on my makeup. It really does help with the oil and shine, way more than anything else I've tried (and spent a lot more money on, for that matter!).
    Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
    HG products:
    Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
    Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls
  • curly_princesscurly_princess Posts: 360Registered Users
    Plain ol MoM is fine. I dilute mine (1 part MoM to 3 parts water) then use a makeup sponge to spread it over my face before I put my makeup on. If you want to use it as a mask, I probably wouldn't dilute it. I hope you like it! Let me know if you have any other questions.
    3a/b, fine hair... with a mind of its own!
    PW- frenchfries

Your hair, it's everywhere. Screaming infidelities, taking its wear.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file