How do you apply your foundation???

SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
Do you use your fingers or a makeup sponge? I feel like I can blend it better with my fingers but my derm. said ALWAYS use a sponge....apparantly that won't make you break out. Just wondering how you curlies do it.

Comments

• curly_princesscurly_princess Posts: 360Registered Users
    I use a sponge. Anything to prevent breakouts.
    3a/b, fine hair... with a mind of its own!
    PW- frenchfries

Your hair, it's everywhere. Screaming infidelities, taking its wear.
  • starinastarina Posts: 665Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I use my fingers. The makeup professionals usually say to use a sponge, but I feel I can control the amount better and smooth it on easier with my fingertips. I tend to use less too than if I use a sponge (it kind of soaks it up so you end up using more.)
    I have 3A hair. I've discovered Jessicurl shampoo and Too Shea conditioner and I'm thrilled! Long-time LA Looks sport gel user.
  • JuicyTubeJuicyTube Posts: 2,369Registered Users
    my mom uses a sponge
    3b-3c CG
  • Aries_jbAries_jb Posts: 1,556Registered Users
    When I used liquid foundation, I used a sponge. Sometimes I would dampen the sponge so it wouldn't absorb so much foundation. It also gave me lighter coverage and made my face look more natural and less mask-like.
    www.myspace.com/littlemonkey0403
    3B that is no longer CG, but still endeavors to have healthy hair by not using sulfates.
  • An AkashaAn Akasha Posts: 175Registered Users
    Brush.

I used to use sponges, too.
    BSL of thick 4a/ 3c coils.
    Member since 1999.
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I rarely wear liquid foundation, but when I do, I use a sponge. I can't stand any kind of make-up that I have to get on my fingers. I've been tempted by those cream eyeshadows, but I know I won't be able to stand sticking my fingers in them.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • SmallFrySmallFry Posts: 614Registered Users
    I apply liquid fdtn with a brush.
    Lotsa 3c curls
    Curly Journey Album
    Updated 2009 and 2010 pics
    Hair Journal/Products

It's not about having what you want, it's about Wanting what you have
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,737Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    fingers!

Bobbi Brown suggests using your fingers to work foundation into your skin. it's one of the secrets to getting that "flawless" look you see in photographs!

here's my article from earlier this year:

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlcolumns/articles.php?id=635
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • archiearchie Posts: 16Registered Users
    I use a sponge. I acutally mix my liquid foundation with a little drop of moisturizing lotion or sunblock. I find that, this helps it go on a bit easier and you get the moiture / sunblock that you need.
    Somewhere between 3A and 3B...
  • SuZenSuZen Posts: 1,595Registered Users
    Fingers. Clean fingers, just washed. I just seem better able to blend it that way.
  • curly_keltiecurly_keltie Posts: 791Registered Users
    A sponge or my fingers. I use a foundation that is dispensed using a pump - so there is no contamination issues.
    Long, blonde, 3a/mostly b hair.

78Da.jpg78Dam6.png
  • rouquinnerouquinne Posts: 13,737Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    archie wrote:
    I use a sponge. I acutally mix my liquid foundation with a little drop of moisturizing lotion or sunblock. I find that, this helps it go on a bit easier and you get the moiture / sunblock that you need.

:shock:

"little bit"????

my dear... a "little drop" of sunblock is not going to give you the sun protection that you need!

please tell me that you use your sunblock FIRST and then make up your tinted moisturizer this way!
    My blog:

http://labellatestarossa.blogspot.ca/

Little Mother of all the Roaches, President-for-Life of the MAC Harlots!
  • EilonwyEilonwy Posts: 12,391Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I use a foundation brush for cream-to-powder, and fingers for liquid. It's more precise than using a sponge, I've found. Plus, it's more cost-effective: a lot of foundation gets soaked into a sponge.
  • VIVIDCURLSVIVIDCURLS Posts: 61Registered Users
    I warm my mac foundation with a blow dryer and then i use a sponge so that it goes on creamy and smooth. I hate getting my hands dirty so using my fingers wouldnt work for me at all
  • chatterbox01chatterbox01 Posts: 77Registered Users
    i use my fingers for my liquid foundation and a fluffy brush for the powder that i put on top. {{your supposed to put a light layer of powder to 'set' your foundation}}
    please dont break my argyle heart.x.taryn obsessed with argyle--ispendallmytimethinkingabouti:lets get these teen hearts beating faster faster;we all have our dirty little secrets that no one knows..
  • modegrrlmodegrrl Posts: 274Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    If I want full coverage I use one of those red, textured sponges. It doesn't seem to absorb as much foundation as the traditional makeup sponges. I think it's silicone or latex. Lately I've been using mineral makeup powder over foundation, so I want a lighter application. I find it easy to mix some makeup and moisturizer in my hand and apply it with my hands/fingers. I then smooth it out with the sponge.
    "For many years the National Pretend Speed Limit was fifty-five miles per hour"--Dave Barry

PW: frizzella

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file