Naturally Curly hair work best with hair color? or not!??

ilovestyleilovestyle Posts: 10Registered Users
Please advise. I'm ready to give up on my color if so. Thanks!

Comments

• velvet pawsvelvet paws Posts: 1,250Registered Users
    I'm sorry, I don't understand what you're asking. If you want to color your hair, go for it. There are no rules about whether or not people with curly hair can color.
    3A / 2B / 2C wavicelli

.png

.png
  • BrioBrio Posts: 1,432Registered Users
    ilovestyle wrote:
    Please advise. I'm ready to give up on my color if so. Thanks!

I have seen some people on this BB comment that they didn't think their hair was as curly after coloring. I often wonder if my hair would curl better if I didn't color my hair as often.

In my opinion, even if slight, you are always going to get some damage when you color your hair. I think you get more damage when you lighten.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!
    my Fotki hair journey/experiment diary PW is brio (and I really need to update it!)

3A hair; coloring with henna/indigo since July 2009; normally follow the CG method. Still searching for my HG products!
  • ne3bwomanne3bwoman Posts: 16Registered Users
    I am a 3b, red and I cover my gray. I'm still just as curly, and I don't see much damage. I agree using peroxide or lightening the hair damages the cuticle and causes frizziness, it's night and day with color and lighteners. Color actually protects gray hair because gray loses it's pigment, and becomes coarse and frizzy, then breaks. Color flattens the cuticle and keeps it from breaking off. In my case I can't not color, but I won't use lighteners on top of color. I tried that once and it was a mistake.

A good idea is to try coloring or lightening your bangs first.

Nat

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file