Water for Elephants?

wayward_brunettewayward_brunette Registered Users Posts: 2
I didn't finish that book... I only got as far as the part a little after August invited Jacob to dinner with Marlena for the first time. I got a little bored with it... What was your opinion on it? (please don't spoil it - I might try re-reading it, if I hear good opinions about it.)

Comments

• Gemini13Gemini13 Registered Users Posts: 5,000
    I didn't finish that book... I only got as far as the part a little after August invited Jacob to dinner with Marlena for the first time. I got a little bored with it... What was your opinion on it? (please don't spoil it - I might try re-reading it, if I hear good opinions about it.)

I enjoyed it. I thought it was a really fun, quick read. Nothing earth-shattering tho.
    Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
    HG products:
    Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
    Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls
  • texascurlytexascurly Registered Users Posts: 1,967 Curl Connoisseur
    I read that a couple of years ago. I enjoyed it.
  • SpiralliSpiralli Registered Users Posts: 3,684 Curl Connoisseur
    I finished it a few months ago and enjoyed it. I liked that it was a quick read. I found the circus details and descriptions interesting.
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • geminigemini Registered Users Posts: 3,325
    I finished it, and enjoyed the start of the book and the premise, but I found Marlena to be really weak--there really wasn't much to her, IMO. I also got tired of some repeated phrases like "the tap-tap tap of her heels" and so on. It's my best friend's favorite book and I don't have the heart to tell her I didn't think it was all that great.

I know, I know, I am picky. :lol:
  • Gemini13Gemini13 Registered Users Posts: 5,000
    Oh, I didn't see the big deal about Marlena either. But then again, she wasn't exactly the heroine of the novel, more like the damsel in distress. I thought the main lady was awesome. ;)
    Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
    HG products:
    Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
    Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Moderators Posts: 10,840 Curl Virtuoso
    I just finished it (way behind, as always) and loved it. I found it to be a real page-turner.
    Can't wait til the movie comes out on DVD.

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file