I encountered a problem with mineral makeup

starinastarina Posts: 665Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Sad to say, because it really does live up to the hype--almost. I have tried Physician's Formula and also ordered the sample kit from Everyday Minerals. Both of them went on smoothly and gave good coverage and I was pretty happy until I took a closer look at my face. Yikes! I have very large pores and the mineral stuff emphasized them so they were quite noticeable, unlike when I use regular liquid foundation. Even my daughter commented on it. I was pretty disappointed because overall, the minerals do give a nice smooth finish and cover flaws pretty well. For some reason though, the nature of the product just made my pores look huge.

Has anyone else who has used mineral products and has large pores noticed this?
I have 3A hair. I've discovered Jessicurl shampoo and Too Shea conditioner and I'm thrilled! Long-time LA Looks sport gel user.

Comments

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I use a primer underneath my mineral makeup to help hide large pores. Lots of companies make primers, but I've found that silicone primers work best, and there is a new product out by the makers of Monistat (yes, that's right, the vaginal yeast people). It's a anti-chafing gel that has the exact same ingredients as expensive primers. You can get a free sample here.

http://www.soothingcare.com/soothingcare/index_soothing.htm
  • mrspoppersmrspoppers Posts: 7,223Registered Users Curl Novice
    Try buffing a little longer. Also, how soft is your brush? I find that the softer or fluffier the brush is, the less it blends in to my pores.

I use Clinique Pore Minimizer and it works really well to camouflage pores.
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
  • crimsonshedemoncrimsonshedemon Posts: 2,098Registered Users
    starina wrote:
    Has anyone else who has used mineral products and has large pores noticed this?

I've been using Bare Minerals for about 2 yrs now and LOVE it! I'm very fair and have sensitive skin. I always struggled to find a foundation that matched but few did. With Bare Minerals, I finally have a foundation and face color (in lieu of blush) and love it.
    Bare Minerals has a product called Mineral Veil (MV). MV does an excellent job hiding all pores. If your pores are really large, you put a layer of MV, then foundation, etc and finish off with another layer of MV.

Another great point is the natural sunscreen in the minerals. I also have lupus and need all the sunblock I can get. You can even sleep in mineral makeup if you have to. I love it!!!

Nicole
  • starinastarina Posts: 665Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Thanks everyone for the information. I would have never known about primers without you curlies! I've been thinking about this and I decided to just stick with the foundation I have been using and actually love, Paula's Choice. Best stuff I've ever tried. I sort of got caught up in the mineral excitement here on the board and just had to try it out, but really, I've been very happy with my foundation. I do plan on trying some of the other products from Everyday Minerals such as the color corrector and perhaps the blush. From what I can tell, Everday Minerals are quality products at a reasonable price, so I'd like to try some of the other items.

Thanks again ladies!
    I have 3A hair. I've discovered Jessicurl shampoo and Too Shea conditioner and I'm thrilled! Long-time LA Looks sport gel user.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file