OCM- oops?

ninja dogninja dog Registered Users Posts: 23,780 Curl Neophyte
I've been using mineral oil instead of castor oil. Is this why my skin feels oily again?

D'oh!:-|

Comments

• The New BlackThe New Black Registered Users Posts: 16,754 Curl Connoisseur
    probably. are you breaking out at all from it?
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
  • ninja dogninja dog Registered Users Posts: 23,780 Curl Neophyte
    Yes, but I thought that might be from a change of skin cream (though it's non-comedogenic).
  • DominoDomino Registered Users Posts: 287
    According to http://www.zerozits.com/Articles/acnedetect.htm#inglist , mineral oil is not comedogenic at all. But it's like vaseline, almost impossible to remove. Even though my skin HATED OCM, I must suggest that you use a botanical oil instead of petroleum based products. Because they are easier to remove and simply more nourishing.

Good luck :)
    :king: Priestess Brigit of the Moonlight Oracle in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :king:

Type: Mix of 1c/2c/3a , fine-ish medium, ii/iii, normal porosity
    Lenght: U-Shaped BSL
    Goal: Wavy and clumpy waist length hair
    Thanks, Domino. I went back to a castor oil base and things improved almost immediately.
  • mrspoppersmrspoppers Registered Users Posts: 7,223 Curl Novice
    Nothing gives me cystic acne like mineral oil. :(
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
    Oh, it was gross! Like....these bumps that just appeared everywhere, then stayed. :cwm10:

The castor really helped. I used more right at first, but I'm back to a blend now.

Speaking of which, how is jojoba in the mix? Anyone recommend it or hate it?

TIA.
  • The New BlackThe New Black Registered Users Posts: 16,754 Curl Connoisseur
    Hee... Guano, but is that the Tick I see in your avvie, Ninja?
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.
    Yes. Yes, it is. It's the whole Tick team: Bat Manuel, Arthur, Tick, and Captain Liberty.

All of whom I love.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file