I Love my Ergo!

fuzzbucketfuzzbucket Posts: 996Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
We bought a gently used Ergo carrier for $70 on Craigslist and I don't know how I lived without it. Nathan is not a fan of the wrap or sling, so we've been relying on the Babyhawk a lot and it was starting to bother my shoulders. (Nate is big and heavy for his age.) I was getting pins and needles down both arms. I tried Nathan on my back twice yesterday and both times he went to sleep. It also made me brave enough to try the BH on my back today, which again put Nathan to sleep. I can even carry Harry on my back and he is 30 lbs.

I'll add pics later, but if anyone is on the fence about buying an Ergo, do it! You won't be sorry. It is really easy to use and so comfortable. Sorry I sound like an advertisement, but I'm just so excited! I loved the experience of wearing Harry and I feel like it has been hit or miss with Nate until now. Yay! :toothy4:
Hair type: 3A/B
I lurk, therefore, I am.
My Blog

Comments

• sarah42sarah42 Posts: 4,034Registered Users
    It sounds nice, especially since you can pop the baby in and out easily (I think). I use a homemade mei tai with Oliver, and I wouldn't have been able to get by without that. Now that he's fully mobile, he's becoming less and less tolerant of being worn because he wants to be down and walking around.

If we ever have another baby, I'll consider a carrier like the Ergo. I don't know how anyone with two young kids can get by without some type of carrier.
    ehLB.jpg
  • ruralcurlsruralcurls Posts: 2,574Registered Users
    My daughter chases me around with hers demanding to go in it.
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    Please don't forget to post pics!!!

The Hotsling is really tough on my back and my baby wants to be carried all the time. I've been trying to figure out what other carrier might work, so the Ergo might be it.
  • FieryCurlsFieryCurls Posts: 2,904Registered Users
    ruralcurls wrote: »

Do you think you could get pictures of a video of that?
    2qhtm5.png

WNckm6.png
  • ruralcurlsruralcurls Posts: 2,574Registered Users
    FieryCurls wrote: »

Probably not, it might be tough to take a picture while she is beating me with it and head butting me. But, I will try.
  • FieryCurlsFieryCurls Posts: 2,904Registered Users
    FieryCurls wrote: »

Probably not, it might be tough to take a picture while she is beating me with it and head butting me. But, I will try.

:lol:
    2qhtm5.png

WNckm6.png
  • webjockeywebjockey Posts: 2,786Registered Users
    I'll second that. with the 100+ degree heat, it's too hot to use the wrap.

I have the sport version.
    hello.world.
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I'm glad you all are liking yours! My poor Ergo has been sitting in the car for like a year, except the one time I let my friend borrow it a few months ago. I feel like I should sell it, but then I think I should keep it around in case of a wrap strike or the off-chance that grandparents may want to babywear. :roll: I've sold off all my MT's, so it's just wraps with the Ergo as backup. I don't find wrapping any hotter in the heat and himudity, since the heat mostly comes from the baby anyway. With a thin, short wrap, I can just do a ruck tied under baby's butt, and I have even less fabric on my front than I would with a buckle carrier or mei tai. :)

Pardon my no-make-up-wet-hair look and just focus on the wrap and baby. ;)
    DSCN2196-vi.jpg
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    The Ergo looks like my Bjorn...how are they different?
  • deedlesdeedles Posts: 2,467Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I want one so bad for baby #2.

I know my cousin's wife had one for both of her kids.. I have a feeling now that they are over 5 years she probably sold it

D

PS: not to go off topic but finally felt baby flutters today... first time! :0)
    Liam: 6 years old
    Colin: 3 years old
  • KaiaKaia Posts: 8,815Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    medussa wrote: »

Ergo has more waist/hip support for the wearer, making it easier on the back with heavier kiddos. It also has a wide 'seat'' for the baby, as opposed dangling from the crotch, which may be bad for their spines and hip development.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • geekygeeky Posts: 4,995Registered Users
    Kaia wrote: »
    medussa wrote: »

Ergo has more waist/hip support for the wearer, making it easier on the back with heavier kiddos. It also has a wide 'seat'' for the baby, as opposed dangling from the crotch, which may be bad for their spines and hip development.

Also, you can wear an ergo on front, back or hip. In an Ergo, the baby is snuggled right up against the wearer, there is nothing in between them. In a Bjorn there is a layer between baby and wearer, and in my experience the baby just kind of dangles away from you and it is NOT comfortable.
    To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
    I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.
  • PixieCurlPixieCurl Posts: 5,656Registered Users
    Total guano, but Kaia do you have any tricks for getting his butt lower than his knees like that in a ruck? I know that's how it's SUPPOSED to look, but whenever I ruck Sol his knees and butt are pretty much level, so I'd never feel comfortable doing a ruck under bum (I usually do a lexy twist and tie tibetan). Looking back at old pictures, he's the same way in the mei tai for back or front carries. Is it just hard to teach an older baby to get into that position?
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
  • PixieCurlPixieCurl Posts: 5,656Registered Users
    Oh, and even though I don't wear Sol super-often and plan to wrap mostly with #2, I'll probably keep my Yamo (like an Ergo) around for DH or for days when it's snowy/rainy and I don't want my wrap touching the ground in a parking lot.
    Faith, 3Aish redhead
    Mama to two wild superheroes and a curly-headed baby boy :love5:
  • DelmaDelma Posts: 1,121Registered Users
    Anyone have an ergo that's not tiny? I have an opportunity to get one but am wondering how it will work on a plus-sized gal.
  • Brown_Eyed_GirlBrown_Eyed_Girl Posts: 1,353Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Delma wrote: »
    Anyone have an ergo that's not tiny? I have an opportunity to get one but am wondering how it will work on a plus-sized gal.

If you look on the Ergo site, I'm pretty sure they have a waist extender. I was thinking about getting one for DH, but we really don't use the Ergo very much now that she's walking except on long walks or hikes.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file