CurlTalk

I Bought a Water Filter - So Glad I Did!!

OnyxCabeloOnyxCabelo Posts: 1,767Registered Users
I recently bought a really nice water filter for less than $40 (there was a sale). I like the results - my hair seems to need less product to get the same results, my hair cuticle feels smoother, and today my hubby mentioned how pretty my hair looks:toothy4:. For the price it seems well worth it for any one interested in giving a bit more pampering to their hair.

I wrote more about it here - and also included some information about the brand I bought - along with a few hair pics:).
Currently:Alaffia Shea & Coconut Enriching Shampoo, Alaffia Virgin Coconut & Shea Enriching Hair Lotion, Qhemet Amla Olive Heavy Cream, Qhemet Honeybush Tea Gel.

Last Texturizer: March 12, 2008
BC: July 21, 2008
Hair: Coarse, low porosity, iii.

Certified Denirophile:love5:

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting a different outcome". ~ Albert Einstein

Comments

• krm0789krm0789 Posts: 34Registered Users
    I'm glad you've had such great results! I wish it were an option for me, as I'm pretty sure the water here is killing my hair, but I live in a dorm so putting a filter up isn't an option
  • OnyxCabeloOnyxCabelo Posts: 1,767Registered Users
    krm0789 wrote: »
    I'm glad you've had such great results! I wish it were an option for me, as I'm pretty sure the water here is killing my hair, but I live in a dorm so putting a filter up isn't an option

Darn! Yeah, I suppose being in a dorm makes it tuff. The only other option I can suggest - if you really want to try to use better water on your hair - is using distilled water.

When my hair was much longer I used to buy two gallons of distilled water and wash with it. You only need to do it a few times before you figure out just how much you need for each process - your shampoo and for your conditioner. It's not the most convenient way, but it is definitely a good option, especially if you have hard water.
    Currently:Alaffia Shea & Coconut Enriching Shampoo, Alaffia Virgin Coconut & Shea Enriching Hair Lotion, Qhemet Amla Olive Heavy Cream, Qhemet Honeybush Tea Gel.

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting a different outcome". ~ Albert Einstein
  • NaturallyCurlyEnnovyNaturallyCurlyEnnovy Posts: 992Registered Users
    Ok....now when I get some extra money I'm going to have to buy a couple of these for my son and I. Since I won't drink the tap water I'm pretty sure I shouldn't be putting it on my hair!!
    YouTube & Twitter <<TheCurlyFitChic
    www.thecurlyfitchic.com
    Fotki<< Updated 2/10
  • OnyxCabeloOnyxCabelo Posts: 1,767Registered Users
    Ok....now when I get some extra money I'm going to have to buy a couple of these for my son and I. Since I won't drink the tap water I'm pretty sure I shouldn't be putting it on my hair!!

@bolded: I feel the same way:laughing6:.