CurlTalk

What would you do with some unexpected $$?

I was out on my morning walk yesterday and I came across a little surprise...over $100 just lying on the sidewalk! I have posted signs, placed an ad and contacted the PD in an effort to reunite the owner with their cash.

Feeling like I have done my due diligence, I think I could spend/donate the money with a pretty clear conscience...so, with that said....if you had an extra $100 lying around, what products would you just HAVE to get?

I am thinking of getting a sleep bonnet (I know, I know...but I tried a DIY version last week that is too silly to mention and my curls were in pretty good shape when I woke up), a Denman, some flour sack towels, and some [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink]. My hair is growing out, so I don't have a lot of hair "stuff"...what else is a MUST for a curly girl's collection...accessories, products, tools?

Mo
Fotki: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fcurlymomo%2F" class="Popup (password curly)
Currently loving: Biosilk Rock Hard Gelee, Alba Soft Hold Curl Cream, KCCC
Striving for: Length!

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    I found a good sleep bonnet at Walmart for $1.60 - they're not expensive.

I'd get a Deva cut!!:toothy4:
  • mosunamosuna Posts: 94Registered Users
    ooooh, a haircut! I didn't think about that..probably because I just got mine trimmed the other day. If Struttswife ever makes it out here to Cali I'll be one of the first in line!

Thanks for the bonnet tip...might be worth a trip to WalMart!
    Fotki: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fcurlymomo%2F" class="Popup (password curly)
  • kathymackkathymack Posts: 9,999Registered Users
    There are a lot of great products--how about Curl Junkie?? Just about anything is really nice.
    3a (Corkicelli), highlighted, fine, low porosity
    SE PA

HGs: Anything Sevi; Curly Kinks Satin Roots, Curlycue ReNew and Coil Jam; homemade FSG and okra gel; soap bars; UFD Curly Magic; Botanical Spirits Jellies, CJ Repair Me, Aloe Fix
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Curls=BeautyCurls=Beauty Posts: 1,781Registered Users
    You pretty much listed everything I would do with it.
    Maybe some Flexi-8's?
    Cleanser: Liquid Castile Soap diluted in a foaming soap dispenser
    Rinse:
    ACV rinse
    Detangler/Conditioner:
    Oyin Handmade Greg Juice or Juices and Berries
    Stylers: Botticelli Botanicals Styling Mudd, KCCC, Honey Rinses and BRHG, Crack Leave-in Hair Cream when straightening

Tools: Silk pillowcase, Floursack towels, Jersey T-Shirts, Wide Tooth Comb, Velecta Paramount TGR-VQX Hair Dryer (for when I straighten) and BaByliss PRO Ionic Rollabout Hard Hat Dryer
  • onethousandcurlsonethousandcurls Posts: 1,118Registered Users
    Or Ficcare's...oh how I've been salivating over those clips. Or a hard hat dryer. Ooooh. I think maybe I'LL go take a walk...
    3b/c, CG 9/18/08
    Last process: 04/05/08 Big Chop: 08/08/09
    Currently: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration, Herbal Essences Set Me Up gel (summer only), Boots Curl Creme (winter only)
  • botticelli_girl922botticelli_girl922 Posts: 896Registered Users
    mosuna wrote: »
    Feeling like I have done my due diligence, I think I could spend/donate the money with a pretty clear conscience...so, with that said....if you had an extra $100 lying around, what products would you just HAVE to get?

Shouldn't you wait for them to contact you first? I mean, give it a little time for the person to call you before you spend it, or you will defeat your whole purpose of putting up signs and everything!
    Curl Type: 2c-3a, Medium thickness, Normal Porosity
    Weekly Low-poo: TJ Pure Castile Soap
    Co-wash: V05 Strawberries and Cream
    Conditioner: GVP Conditioning Balm (Possibly HG!), GF Triple Nutrition
    Styling Products: CK, Re:coil, JCRR, JCCC, LALMHG, EcoStyler, SMU Spray Gel, Boots

Life has many choices. Eternity has two. What's yours?
  • ellageorginaellageorgina Posts: 1,511Registered Users
    I agree with the above.
    I would buy lots and lots of Curl Junkie!!! :blob4:
    3b-med texture-med porosity
    CG from 21-05-09 2nd try!
    Conditioners: Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose, Aubrey Organics GPB Protein
    Stylers: CJ CCCC, CJ AFG, KCCC
    Gel: Lavera Organic

My hair LOVES CURL JUNKIE <3 :love10:
    www.fotki.com/loopyloops.

• mosunamosuna Posts: 94Registered Users
    Of course, I will wait a reasonable amount of time...so far no word.
    Wow, I guess it was your lucky day!

• *Marah**Marah* Posts: 8,032Registered Users
    Congrats on finding the money!!! The things you already thought about getting sound good..

Maybe some hair accessories too ? I love hair accessories.. so I would get all different color headbands, rhinestone barrettes, and hair clips.

But sleep bonnets are dirt cheap. You can get them at Walgreens, Walmart, or even a Dollar Store for like less than 2 bucks..I have a gillion of them... whole drawer full.
    tumblr_m9jonzYZmu1re7hjjo1_250.jpg
  • CopaseticCopasetic Posts: 222Registered Users
    co-wash: exact vanilla
    rinse out: tresseme naturals
    leave-in: giovanni direct leave-in
    stylers: kccc + he totally twisted mousse + coconut oil to sotc
    Copasetic wrote: »

I have the spiral spritz that I'd be willing to sell/swap :)