Is this normal?

Tomorrow will be my fourth day of going CG. I've noticed that my hair sometimes gets a little frizzier than usual...mostly today and yesterday. What's up with my curls? I also started plopping...tomorrow will be my fourth day of that too. Plopping seems to make my hair curlier (as it's supposed to), but sometimes it adds extra frizz. I'm I doing something wrong? Could it be that I'm not plopping it correctly? What can I do to prevent this? Has anyone else had a similar experience?Thanks!
Curl Type: 2c-3a, Medium thickness, Normal Porosity
Weekly Low-poo: TJ Pure Castile Soap
Co-wash: V05 Strawberries and Cream
Conditioner: GVP Conditioning Balm (Possibly HG!), GF Triple Nutrition
Styling Products: CK, Re:coil, JCRR, JCCC, LALMHG, EcoStyler, SMU Spray Gel, Boots

Life has many choices. Eternity has two. What's yours?

Comments

• curlyjenn10curlyjenn10 Posts: 2,034Registered Users
    My hair was like that in the beginning. How long are you plopping for? Do you have product in while plopping? It can take some experimenting to find what works for you.

For example, I have to have some kind of product in my hair (gel or cream), and can only plop up to ten minutes at a time, or I get weird curls with frizz.
    CG since 6/15/08!
    Medium-Fine/Normal Porosity

http://collegecurly.blogspot.com/
  • botticelli_girl922botticelli_girl922 Posts: 896Registered Users
    I plop for about 45 min - 2 hours. I apply product when my hair is soaking wet and then I plop.

So would you recommend that I plop for less time?

Thank you for answering by the way.
    Styling Products: CK, Re:coil, JCRR, JCCC, LALMHG, EcoStyler, SMU Spray Gel, Boots

• DominoDomino Posts: 287Registered Users
    Have you tried plopping shorter? As far as I've seen, quite a number of curlies here plop for 10-15 minutes or else they get frizz.
    I either plop for less than an hour, or overnight...weirdly, anything in between causes frizz :blob4:
    :king: Priestess Brigit of the Moonlight Oracle in the Order of the Curly Crusaders :king:

Type: Mix of 1c/2c/3a , fine-ish medium, ii/iii, normal porosity
    Lenght: U-Shaped BSL
    Goal: Wavy and clumpy waist length hair
    Domino wrote: »
    Have you tried plopping shorter? As far as I've seen, quite a number of curlies here plop for 10-15 minutes or else they get frizz.
    I either plop for less than an hour, or overnight...weirdly, anything in between causes frizz :blob4:

Hm. I never thought of that. Thank you SO much for posting! I'm going to try both (plopping for 10-15 minutes and overnight). I think it will help. Thank you!

• mosunamosuna Posts: 94Registered Users
    I plopped today and so far it's been my worst hair day since going CG. I also tried just a water rinse and a different leave-in...so any one of those could be the culprit. I also have short hair and the plopping just smushed my hair against my head, so not much curl formation. For now I think I'll just be a "scrunch with an old t-shirt" kind of girl.
    Fotki: http://public.fotki.com/curlymomo/ (password curly)
    Currently loving: Biosilk Rock Hard Gelee, Alba Soft Hold Curl Cream, KCCC
    Striving for: Length!
    Domino wrote: »

Oh, thank you for recommending that! I tried it yesterday, and it was a very, very good hair day! Thanks again!

• TeachDeafiesTeachDeafies Posts: 157Registered Users
    Ooh, thanks for posting this! Today's my first CG day- I kept my hair plopped for about 30 minutes. I hadn't thought that the length of time may have caused my frizz. Tomorrow I'll try shortening the amount of time.
    CG: 9/4/09

3a and 3b/F/ii

Condish: CJ Beauticurls Strengthening Conditioner
    Shampoo (Sulfate-free): Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat (use 1-2x/week)
    Styling Product: HETT mousse

TRYING to grow it out- maybe softer water and going almost strictly CG will help!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file