Soren is one!

SigiSigi Posts: 2,379Registered Users
Yesterday was Soren's first birthday. I can't believe how quickly that year flew by.

064.jpg 085.jpg

He finally started crawling, but at first would only crawl to toys out of his reach. Once he realised he could follow me around, he really took off. He's cruising furniture so I think he'll be walking in a month or two.

He's a pretty happy baby for the most part. He doesn't like to take naps, especially his afternoon nap. I think he's worried about all the action he'll miss with his brothers. Bennett and Preston love to drag him around and play with him, and Soren loves it when they do.

Oh, and a little fun fact: He loves loves loves the theme song to Monk. He will stop whatever he is doing and focus on that song. It is so funny. So when he's fussy we'll throw in a Monk dvd for a slight distraction. "It's a jungle out there..."

Comments

• DelmaDelma Posts: 1,121Registered Users
    OMG he is soooo cute!!!!! Happy Birthday Soren:blob7:
  • FieryCurlsFieryCurls Posts: 2,904Registered Users
    His eyes...

Happy Birthday to him!!
    2qhtm5.png

WNckm6.png
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    What a cutie! :toothy4:
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,259Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Wow...that was a fast year. He's adorable. Happy birthday!

I really love his name. I'd be tempted to have another baby boy, just so I could use that name.

My little boy that I babysit turned 1 last week. He is a late crawler too and just learned to stand about 2 weeks ago...hasn't even been cruising. I thought it would be another month or two or three before he walked. But, Friday, when I had him at my house, he just started walking. Just stood up and walked. Boom...he's a walker now. So, they really can surprise you. (His mom is not happy that she missed his milestone).
  • SigiSigi Posts: 2,379Registered Users
    Wow...that was a fast year. He's adorable. Happy birthday!

I really love his name. I'd be tempted to have another baby boy, just so I could use that name.

My little boy that I babysit turned 1 last week. He is a late crawler too and just learned to stand about 2 weeks ago...hasn't even been cruising. I thought it would be another month or two or three before he walked. But, Friday, when I had him at my house, he just started walking. Just stood up and walked. Boom...he's a walker now. So, they really can surprise you. (His mom is not happy that she missed his milestone).

I really love his name too, and I got to pick it. My husband "let" me name him since he thinks he got to name the other two. :lol:

I was sort of surprised that he didn't like birthday cake since he's not too picky of an eater. Maybe he didn't like the mushiness in his fingers because he's eaten cake before, but off a fork.
  • geekygeeky Posts: 4,995Registered Users
    Wait, wasn't he just born like a few months ago? That was a fast year, and he is absolutely precious. Happy Birthday!
    To Trenell, MizKerri and geeky:
    I pray none of you ever has to live in a communist state.

Geeky is my hero. She's the true badass. The badass who doesn't even need to be a badass. There aren't enough O's in cool to describe her.
  • cosmicflycosmicfly Posts: 1,814Registered Users
    It goes by fast with a third baby, doesn't it? He's adorable. Happy Birthday, Soren!
  • sarah42sarah42 Posts: 4,034Registered Users
    Happy birthday Soren! Adorable pictures.

My Oliver turned 1 last month, and he started walking about 2 weeks after his birthday. It was the day before we left the kids with my IL's for a week, and I'm glad hubby and I were there to see it.
    ehLB.jpg
  • nynaeve77nynaeve77 Posts: 7,135Registered Users Curl Novice
    Dang, he's already one? He's a cutie, Sigi. :)
    "Maybe Lucy's right. Of all the Charlie Browns in the world, you're the Charlie Browniest."--Linus, A Charlie Brown Christmas

My fotki: http://public.fotki.com/nynaeve77/
    Password: orphanannie
  • medussamedussa Posts: 12,993Registered Users
    I hope he had a fun birthday! :toothy4:
  • DarkAngelDarkAngel Posts: 2,671Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Happy birthday!!
    image.php?type=2&o=5&c=1&date=2009-10-07&babyname=Sebastian

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." -- Theodor Seuss Geisel
  • goldygoldy Posts: 5,463Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    How adorable... Happy Birthday!
    Poodlehead wrote:
    Ah, it all makes sense now. Goldy is the puppet master! :lol:
  • inheritedcurlsinheritedcurls Posts: 2,954Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Awww..he is adorable!!! Happy Birthday.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file