PICS: Brazilian Keratin Treatment, I DID IT!!! (VS. LKT)

AphroDivaAphroDiva Posts: 183Registered Users
Ok Ladies, I did it! And is the best thing I've ever done in my hair. I purchased the treatment and did it with a help of a friend.
My hair is finally Florida Weather Proof! The body! The movement! And No Frizz.
If I let it air dry the hair dries in a very mild wave, with incredible shine. The hair is shiny and soft, the hair is not braking as it used too. And after the Liquid Keratin disaster, my hair is finally in shape, and the best shape ever!
It has been so wet and humid outside, I noticed that when I go outdoor my hair looks even better! I can't stop touching it.
In here I posted photos so that you can compare the Brazilian Keratin VS the Liquid Keratin Treatment.

BEFORE Brazilian Keratin
2009-05-12-63699.jpg

BKT After 1rst Wash:

Image232.jpg

BKT Week 2:

Image235.jpg

Do you remember what the Liquid Keratin Treatment Did to My Hair? Who can forget the Orange hair, the Fried hair feeling and the total damage::angry4:

Image149.jpg

It took me a lot to recover from that LKT mess.
Ladies, I would save my money and invest on the real treatment. You wont regret it.

Comments

• FrizzyFLAgrlFrizzyFLAgrl Posts: 4Registered Users
    You did this at home? What product did you use? How much was it? Where was it purchased? How long did it take? What kind of equipment did you need?

You look gorgeous!
  • SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,683Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    You and your post-treatment hair are stunning! But I have to say that I think your pre-treatment curls were gorgeous also. :toothy4:
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • AphroDivaAphroDiva Posts: 183Registered Users
    curls2grow wrote: »
    You and your post-treatment hair are stunning! But I have to say that I think your pre-treatment curls were gorgeous also. :toothy4:

Thank you Curls2Grow! Yes, I adore how my curls are (when they behave) but this Floridian weather is not helping much. I have to get my hair wet every morning and coat it with products so that it wont frizz through the day. I wake up with awful bed head if I don't cover it with aloe vera all day. I want to give my hair a break from all that. Plus I wanted a change.:wink:

That other "treatment" messed up my hair, sooooo much that it kept braking. I was able to get my curls back with lots of work and dedication. But again, the weather WAS not cooperating.

I just love waking up with perfect hair every morning, go out dancing, enjoy a wet/humid day and hair still smooth and no frizz. My hair color looks better than ever.
  • pulchri2dinouspulchri2dinous Posts: 1,014Registered Users
    You look stunning! Your hair looks good too lol
    4, fine, low-medium density, low porosity

event.png

"When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps." - Confucius
    You did this at home? What product did you use? How much was it? Where was it purchased? How long did it take? What kind of equipment did you need?

You look gorgeous!

Thank You FrizzyFLAgrl!
    I did it at home. It took about 2hrs. I used a flat iron that heat up up to 450, a comb, and hair dryer. I paid about $200 for the product but it gives me about 7 treatment applications. I will reapply every 3 months.
    You can find the tutorials online. Just make sure you follow the instructions to the T.
    The product will also come with a DVD.

Or have it done by a professional first and then learn if it is something that you can do by yourself.
    PM me if you have any questions!
    xoxoxox

Thank You pulchri2dinous !!!!!!!!
  • anniemaeanniemae Posts: 1,702Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Your hair looks BEAUTIFUL!! Isn't it the best? I got the Coppola done, and I love it, too. I wish I had done this sooner.

Enjoy!! :flower:
    Hair Type - wavy/curly, fine texture, thin/medium density
    2b-c/F/ii
    :dog:
    anniemae wrote: »
    Your hair looks BEAUTIFUL!! Isn't it the best? I got the Coppola done, and I love it, too. I wish I had done this sooner.

Enjoy!! :flower:

AnnieMae, THANK YOU! And thank you for answering my question in the other [email protected]!!!

Yes, I wish I had done this sooner as well.I can't believe it was possible to have hair so soft and shiny like this.
    xoxoxox
  • curlykat73curlykat73 Posts: 33Registered Users
    Your hair looks AMAZING!! I was just in Florida and got it done again (my 2nd time) this past weekend. I haven't washed it yet but I heard the more you do it the better. My hair is so curly and b/c I work out a lot the girl said I need to get it done more often (I just had it done at the end of May).

My boyfriends mothers friend recommended a place that charged me 150 which I thought was awesome. I would love to do it myself. Can you let me know where you ordered the product from? what website?
    3b I think
  • curlybrunette5curlybrunette5 Posts: 264Registered Users
    AprhoDiva, can you tell us more specifically what product you used? I've been so interested in the BKT for awhile now, just too scared to spend the money/risk the formeldyhyde.
    3a on top and sides/3b underneath...lots of hair

My HG: Sabino Lok & Blok
  • chancockchancock Posts: 5Registered Users
    Can you tell us what website had the tutorials?
    Thank You,
    Chris
    Chris H.
    CG - 3/27/09
    3b - dry - medium porosity
    Co wash: Deva One
    Rinse out: KCKT
    Leave ins: Angell or KCCC
    Styling: Still experimenting, have not yet reached the point of leaving my house Curly, but I am determined!!:sad3:
    AprhoDiva, can you tell us more specifically what product you used? I've been so interested in the BKT for awhile now, just too scared to spend the money/risk the formeldyhyde.

I will be glad to tell you what product I used. I purchased QOD Max.
    My purchase included the complete instructional dvd.
    But there is plenty of info in YouTube as well. There is where I researched to learn the procedure before my purchase.

Here are some of the videos that can help you learn more:
    HERE
    HERE
    HERE

xoxoxox
  • PaTHaNiPaTHaNi Posts: 4Registered Users
    Nice Job, I like how it turned out. Sadly, I did the Coppola treatment and it did NOT take on my hair. It would be nice to have a specific brand name. For example, there is Coppola, Bionaza, etc. What is the brand name of the one you got because I really wanna try. I spent so much on the Keratin and was really upset to see that it did not work on me.
    AphroDiva wrote: »

But there is plenty of info in YouTube as well. There is where I researched to learn the procedure before my purchase.

HERE
    HERE
    HERE

xoxoxox
    PaTHaNi wrote: »
    Nice Job, I like how it turned out. Sadly, I did the Coppola treatment and it did NOT take on my hair. It would be nice to have a specific brand name. For example, there is Coppola, Bionaza, etc. What is the brand name of the one you got because I really wanna try. I spent so much on the Keratin and was really upset to see that it did not work on me.

HERE
    HERE
    HERE

xoxoxox

I use QOD Max brand.

Thank you!!! xoxoxo
  • PaTHaNiPaTHaNi Posts: 4Registered Users
    Wow! I heard good reviews about it from someone else as well. I will be sure to purchase it and try it out. Thank you so much!!

I use QOD Max brand.

Thank you!!! xoxoxo
  • theywilltearusaparttheywilltearusapart Posts: 15Registered Users
    Do you think it's safe to buy it on eBay?
    I don't wanna be scammed out of my money.
    D:
  • NoraCurlNoraCurl Posts: 345Registered Users
    Do you think it's safe to buy it on eBay?
    I don't wanna be scammed out of my money.
    D:

I think it would, since my dad buys pins from there all the time, and they always arrive like promised. But if this is your very first time applying anything like that to your hair, I would recommend you do it at the salon.
    :toothy4::toothy4:
    "Smile...just do it.":angel11:

3aMii, medium porosity, medium to low elasticity:color:

Shampoo & Conditioner: HE Hydralicious Featherweight
    Styling: HETMS Spray Gel and Finishing Touch Cream
    DT: GF Triple Nutrition

• NoraCurlNoraCurl Posts: 345Registered Users
    curls2grow wrote: »

Thank you Curls2Grow! Yes, I adore how my curls are (when they behave) but this Floridian weather is not helping much. I have to get my hair wet every morning and coat it with products so that it wont frizz through the day. I wake up with awful bed head if I don't cover it with aloe vera all day. I want to give my hair a break from all that. Plus I wanted a change.:wink:

That other "treatment" messed up my hair, sooooo much that it kept braking. I was able to get my curls back with lots of work and dedication. But again, the weather WAS not cooperating.

I just love waking up with perfect hair every morning, go out dancing, enjoy a wet/humid day and hair still smooth and no frizz. My hair color looks better than ever.

I know, right? That's my favorite part of the BKT. Instead of walking around like a statue so my hair wouldn't frizz, I'm able to go out in the rain and strut my stuff and flip it around as much as I want - it's so low maintenence!:blob4: I just air dry it but I'm able to get 3rd day hair with it! I used to have to wet it and spend a half hour on it every morning and another 4 hours for it to dry. But now, I can just shampoo and condition in 10 minutes and when I get up the next morning, I just smooth it down with some leave-in and go! So convenient, especially in a busy school morning! Plus, you get to sleep in:toothy4:
    :toothy4::toothy4:
    "Smile...just do it.":angel11:

3aMii, medium porosity, medium to low elasticity:color:

Shampoo & Conditioner: HE Hydralicious Featherweight
    Styling: HETMS Spray Gel and Finishing Touch Cream
    DT: GF Triple Nutrition

• theywilltearusaparttheywilltearusapart Posts: 15Registered Users
    I don't have the money to do thattt. D:
    But, I really wanna buy online.
  • burgundy_locksburgundy_locks Posts: 2,420Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    OMG your hair looks GORGEOUS!!! i remember reading about all the crap you went thru with the other straightner (LKT??). i cant believe you did it yourself!!! was it difficult to get thru all of it? i have a ton of hair, and even when its short (right above my shoulders) it still takes me 2 hours to straighten! i always do my own hair but i might want help for this if i go thru with it. i'm not sure what my heat setting is on my flat iron tho... so that might be a problem :(. i hope you dont mind, but i might end pm-ing you :).

have you tried leaving it curly at all? if so, what have ur results been like?

para los gustos se hicieron los colores

i has no hair type? (medium, f-iii), normal porosity, LOW elasticity.
    CG journey began 2/8/09 - 4-08-09.. and then mod cg 4/14/09 -... 03/02/10- Barely CG but I like CG products :)
    wash with Low Poo or Poo
    condition with GVP Conditioning Balm or CJ BC Daily, Loreal Color Vive for Color Treated Hair Thats Normal
    Leave ins- Garnier S&S; Marrakesh oil
    style with - Ohm SHP; KCCC- BRHG or Boots- KCCC- BRHG; CIAB; CCCC
    Protein- GVP Joico K-Pak
    Play with ACV
  • kathkath Posts: 2Registered Users

You look gorgeous!

Thank You FrizzyFLAgrl!
    I did it at home. It took about 2hrs. I used a flat iron that heat up up to 450, a comb, and hair dryer. I paid about $200 for the product but it gives me about 7 treatment applications. I will reapply every 3 months.
    You can find the tutorials online. Just make sure you follow the instructions to the T.
    The product will also come with a DVD.

Or have it done by a professional first and then learn if it is something that you can do by yourself.
    PM me if you have any questions!
    xoxoxox

Thank You pulchri2dinous !!!!!!!!
    what brand did you use?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file