coconut milk for loosening curl/relaxing

taltaltaltal Posts: 614Registered Users
Has anyone tried using coconut milk for naturally relaxing / loosening her curl without chemicals ?

I read about coconut milk being used for this purpose.
Does anyone know how to use it ? Has anyone used it ?
Would be glad to read some tips.

I have 4a and would like to loosen my curls a bit, not make my hair straight.

Thanks

Comments

• Hakim NuraldinHakim Nuraldin Posts: 1,467Registered Users
    taltal wrote: »
    Has anyone tried using coconut milk for naturally relaxing / loosening her curl without chemicals ?

I read about coconut milk being used for this purpose.
    Does anyone know how to use it ? Has anyone used it ?
    Would be glad to read some tips.

I have 4a and would like to loosen my curls a bit, not make my hair straight.

Thanks

Try the Cherry Lola Treatment. It's on youtube. This seemed to loosen my hair up a bit especially before flat ironing.It made it more loose to begin with.
  • EkaetteEkaette Posts: 356Registered Users
    It was a fail on my hair
    I'm 4a with pen spring size curls
    event.png

4b natural
  • taltaltaltal Posts: 614Registered Users
    Thanks Hakim Nuraldin, I'll try the Cherry Lola :)

By the way , have you tried it ? How were the results ?
  • LdawnZLdawnZ Posts: 25Registered Users
    ive used a recipe i found on a website with coconut cream extract yogurt and coconut oil

it was amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my hair got so much softer it didn't get rid of the curls but made them so much softer and loosened them up a little bit i have about 3c textured hair but with some3a and some 3b sized curls and waves that when i blow dried my hair and flat ironed it it was so much easier i used a blow dryer with a comb attachment and it went right through the hair usually i have to tug it through to straighten it
  • taltaltaltal Posts: 614Registered Users
    Please share the recipe and how you used it
    LdawnZ wrote: »
    ive used a recipe i found on a website with coconut cream extract yogurt and coconut oil

it was amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my hair got so much softer it didn't get rid of the curls but made them so much softer and loosened them up a little bit i have about 3c textured hair but with some3a and some 3b sized curls and waves that when i blow dried my hair and flat ironed it it was so much easier i used a blow dryer with a comb attachment and it went right through the hair usually i have to tug it through to straighten it
  • bleenonobleenono Posts: 1Registered Users
    did you try flat ironing it after trying the 'relaxer'?

does it also fight humidity?

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file