Cold Water Rinsing (Before/After Product Use)

FireFlowerFireFlower Registered Users Posts: 137
Good morning....

Upon searching and reading about products and techniques re. curl definition, I tried the cold-water rinse after product use to enhance curl definition (diluted Giovanni Direct Vitapro Leave in) and some Fantasia IC (blue) gel and combed through with a wide-tooth comb. Well, The curl definition was there in the top and the front, but not so much in the back (only a couple of inches though, so that may be the reason; texture looks the same all over).

The bigger issue was that apparently I used WAAYYY TOOO MUUCCCHH product on my hair and I got this sudsy thing going on. I tried to rake/comb/push out the excess. I think this may have reduced the definition a bit.

Any suggestions on how to balance all this out?
Classic 4a/b, fine, dense, normal to dry, low porosity
event.png

Comments

• CurlilocsCurlilocs Registered Users Posts: 821
    For about 2 inches of hair, a lot of it is trial and error, I've had the sudsy thing happen to me when I was in twa stage. Maybe you don't need the leave in and the gel. It could be that the key to definition for you maybe more hold and a moderately high amount of moisture through conditioner rinses until it really starts getting used to just being free. It's almost like your hair has to retrain itself. After I BC'ed my scalp was sore for a couple of days and I had no curl, after about 2 weeks my hair grew out some and the curls started to happen, but I kept doing the same thing to it daily. Also, maybe smoothing and scrunching product through would be a good technique vs. the comb, at least until you get more length. Also, the temp of the water has never made any difference for me. HTH!
    Free your Mind and your Hair will Follow :)
    Curli's pics
    album pw: bangz
  • TroDousTroDous Registered Users Posts: 241
    I never tried it that way. I get more coils when I co-wash and I rinse the conditioner all the way out with warm water then I put on some watered down conditioner then do a cold water rinse. This keeps my hair moisturized for most of the day and gives me good definition.
    Coily, springy, major shrinkage!
  • ms.gms.g Registered Users Posts: 173
    i rinse cold after i condition then add my leave-in or moisturizer.
    all natural.

my head is full of naps, coils, kinks and thickness. :)

http://public.fotki.com/missg1013/
  • VanillaholicVanillaholic Registered Users Posts: 49
    I do the cold water rinse before I apply product. It seems to work better for me that way.
    Wiry?, baby fine strands densely packed with different textures and curl diameters seemingly on each individual strand.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file