Question about No poo

cantom03cantom03 Posts: 11Registered Users
I have 3b/c hair and my stylist recommended the no poo with one conditioner and [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCare-Arc-AnGell-p-567.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacare-arc-angell]arc angell[/buylink]. Great, and she told me how to use it, great. My question is if I need to worry about the gell building up on my hair using the washing method of conditioner from mid shaft and no poo messaged into scalp and rinse all and apply the gell? She recommended the no poo wash as above be done once per week. Will this be enough to clean my hair of the product? As you can tell I am a newbee to the CG method, but I love the way it makes my hair look.

Comments

• krm0789krm0789 Posts: 34Registered Users
    I'm new to this as well so I'm no expert. But since I started my routine (sulfate-free shampoo on my roots every other day, co wash on others) I've noticed a lot of flakes on the lower part of my hair (where I don't shampoo) that never used to be there. I don't know if that's mousse building up since I'm not washing it out, but I suspect so. I'd give the routine a try, though, & see what happens!
  • cantom03cantom03 Posts: 11Registered Users
    Thank's I'll keep it up, I really appreciate the reply :)
  • Future WaveFuture Wave Posts: 154Registered Users
    cantom03 wrote: »
    I have 3b/c hair and my stylist recommended the no poo with one conditioner and [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCare-Arc-AnGell-p-567.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacare-arc-angell]arc angell[/buylink]. Great, and she told me how to use it, great. My question is if I need to worry about the gell building up on my hair using the washing method of conditioner from mid shaft and no poo messaged into scalp and rinse all and apply the gell? She recommended the no poo wash as above be done once per week. Will this be enough to clean my hair of the product? As you can tell I am a newbee to the CG method, but I love the way it makes my hair look.

I've never used the Deva products, so I don't know how well they work. I"m also still fairly new to this, but I will tell you that some of us seem to need a co-wash a lot more than once/week... In fact I usually co-wash every day. But then I used to use harsh sulfate shampoos every day, so it's possible that my scalp is still adjusting to the reduced need to produce so much oil to compensate for the daily stripping by the sulfate shampoos.

As long as your condishes and styling products are free of cones, co-washing should be enough to cleanse out any residues. In fact, since you need to touch up your curls every day anyway, you could water wash/rinse in between co-washes, if you don't feel the need for a co-wash.
    co-wash - Suave Naturals Coconut
    condish - Trader Joe's TTT and Refresh
    styling - FOTE, shea butter, jojoba oil, LA Looks

Kryptonite: Stearalkonium Chloride, quats
  • cantom03cantom03 Posts: 11Registered Users
    Thanks so much Future wave, this is such a learning curve and all our curls are unique. I can say, so far my hair is loving the change. I'm glad to hear you cowash alot more often, I think that will be the way it is for me. With my waves I need to wet down everyday after sleeping anyway, half is squashed from sleep.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file