Before and After BC with pics

onethousandcurlsonethousandcurls Posts: 1,118Registered Users
Transitioners and naturals! I just finished transitioning (more like I decided there was no point in trying to grow out anymore) and these are my shots. Enjoy.

Who knows (or cares) what was in my hair for that before shot. After is just Aussie 3MM as a leave-in with 3 dots of honey mixed in.
3b/c, CG 9/18/08
Last process: 04/05/08 Big Chop: 08/08/09
Currently: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration, Herbal Essences Set Me Up gel (summer only), Boots Curl Creme (winter only)

Comments

• tsha74tsha74 Posts: 81Registered Users
    Your hair is beautiful!! Makes me really want to BC!
    Last Relaxer: Nov 2008
    Transitioned: 18 months
    BC: April 4/20/2010
  • michigogomichigogo Posts: 63Registered Users
    omg thats amazing!
    and those curls are so cutie patootie! :)
  • onethousandcurlsonethousandcurls Posts: 1,118Registered Users
    Thank you! All I've been getting since I cut is, "how do you make your hair do that?" I LOVE being able to say it does that by itself (with a little leave-in, of course).

Tsha, you know, it really is less frustrating to deal with just one texture. I'd have BC-ed earlier if I had 4a or something because then I could have a TWA. And when you BC, things that didn't work before suddenly do. Such as me being able to use honey, which cuts my hair expenses DRAMATICALLY. Highly encourage you to do it. And this is coming from someone who has NEVER had hair shorter than ponytail length. Good luck.
    3b/c, CG 9/18/08
    Currently: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration, Herbal Essences Set Me Up gel (summer only), Boots Curl Creme (winter only)
  • DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    OTC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so Happy for you! :blob: I'm so glad you FINALLY did this, you shoulda done it sooner and listened to Mama Del, don't you feel so much better? By all means it's got to be easier to deal with short hair then multi textures all over. What a tremendous difference things should go much smoother for you now. YAY!!!!
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • Nichole23Nichole23 Posts: 57Registered Users
    Your curls are amazing. I love them. Congrats!
    2a7y32g.jpg

Natural | BC: Sept 4th, 2009 | Curl Type: 3c
    Fine | Low Porosity
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    Your curls are so pretty.
    Thank youuuu! Yes, Mom, I know! You were right! Mom always knows best! It does feel a lot better, and I have had almost a week of consistently great hair days. Today I even managed 2nd day hair (a little flat on the sides, which are much finer than the rest of my hair, but not bad).

Nichole, you'll be so glad when you BC. Unlike most people, I really regretted my BC for the first few days. Now I'm working with it and while I'll be glad to grow it out, I'm ok with the length for now.
    3b/c, CG 9/18/08
  • blessedhimeblessedhime Posts: 1,458Registered Users
    Congrats on your BC. Isn't is awesome? I BC on Friday and I'm still giddy even now. Have fun!
    Blessed Princess Diamante, High Archivist of the Thrifty Trinitarians in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last Relaxer: July 31st, 2008
    BC: 14th August, 2009
    Favourite Product Line: None at the moment
    HGs: Amla, brahmi, maka, neem, hibiscus and fenugreek powders.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kalanekalane Posts: 424Registered Users
    Your hair is gorgeous. Makes me want to take the braids out and cut my own, lol.
    fotki twitter blog

event.png

In short, the characteristics of the powerful, whatever they may be, are thought to be better than the characteristics of the powerless – and logic has nothing to do with it.
    -- Gloria Steinem

• MokahDeeLyteMokahDeeLyte Posts: 132Registered Users
    Look at those luscious curls! Congrats on your BC.
  • EllyEllyOxenFreeEllyEllyOxenFree Posts: 6,446Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I was too scared to do a full big chop, so I got the sides cut and the back and left some length on top. I had NEVER seen my actual texture before, it was funny.
    BC'ed: 26 Dec 09
    YouTube
    Grand Duchess Fierce Freckles, Mistress of the Mighty Snap and Doyenne of the Potent Products Pavane in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • SwtAnanaSwtAnana Posts: 70Registered Users
    Congrats! your curls look so healthy and beautiful :compress:

event.png

Products :blob:
    Shampoo: Elucence Moisture Benefits
    Conditioner: Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose
    Leave-In: Oyin Handmade Hair Dew
    Gel: Ecostyler Olive Oil or Pink
    Sealants: KBB Creamylicious Shea Butter, KBB Hair Oil

Yup...that's it (for now... :glasses7:)
  • blessedhimeblessedhime Posts: 1,458Registered Users
    ellepixie your hair looks lovely as well. That cut suits you.
    Blessed Princess Diamante, High Archivist of the Thrifty Trinitarians in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last Relaxer: July 31st, 2008
    BC: 14th August, 2009
    Favourite Product Line: None at the moment
    HGs: Amla, brahmi, maka, neem, hibiscus and fenugreek powders.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks, ladies! If you'll believe it, that picture up there is now the worst day I've had since my cut! It's looking much better now. Partly because I'm getting used to the cut, but also my hair is clumping and spiraling MUCH better than it was able to with that straight hair holding it back.

So, if you're on the fence...do it. Your hair WILL behave differently, probably better, than what it's doing now. And for anyone unsure about short hair...well, now's the time to pay some attention to your FACE! Play with some new makeup or application methods.
    3b/c, CG 9/18/08

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file