Fluffy After Shampooing??? Why?

turncoatturncoat Posts: 6Registered Users
Help me out guys... I don't know what I can do to help myself here.

Basically after shampooing my hair becomes really fluffy, I mean, REALLY REALLY fluffy and I don't understand why it does it.

Can you offer any advice as to what I can bloody do to get ride of this problem.

I currently use TRESEMME SHAMPOO FOR CURLY AND WAVY HAIR, but it just makes it fluffy.

Help me please!!!

It is really getting me down.

It really is getting me down.

HELPPPP!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Melanie_LinnMelanie_Linn Posts: 457Registered Users
    does the shapoo have cones, maby you should add co-washing to the mix.
    3c/4aMCiii normal/low porosity med elasticty

Shampoo- JC Hydrating Invigorating poo, Alaffia Shea & Virgin Coconut Enriching Shampoo, CV poo bars
    Rinse out- Natures gate hemp, GSAS
    Leave in- GDLI, Beautiful Curls Curl Activating Leave in
    DT- Still working on that
    Styler- Ecostyler Crystal, Queen Helene Royal Curl Creme
    Sealer- castor, Shea butter,jojoba oil

I don't know how well I'll keep it up, my blog The Lions Mane
  • DEL2CDEL2C Posts: 6,418Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    You're stripping your hair of natural oils every time you shampoo. Here's a couple of threads to get your started on Co-washing and basic principles of caring for curly hair. Check out the newbie forum and read up as much as you can. Good Luck!

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=14222

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=78318
    Discovered CG 2007

2C Fia BSL/Thick/Med-Coarse/Low(crown)-Normal Porosity Protein and Oil Sensitive

Link-Spritz & Condish Washing:glasses7:

I'm aCurlJunkieJunky :love4:

My hair LOVES Coconut DESPISES Soap Bars :tongue6:

CJRehab or H&B Fix, Deva NO POO, EO Rose & Cham POO & Condish, CJ CurlFix, CJ Pattern Pusha, CJ CIAB, SS FHG, KCCC, BRHG, AG Mousse Gel, ACV Rinses,Shikakai Conditioning Hair Rinse.
  • turncoatturncoat Posts: 6Registered Users
    Thank you for the links.

I used to have really tight curls but now they are very loose and not defined.

Why?

I haven't changed what I do to my hair.

I don't think :S :S :S
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    Are you using conditioner and other leave-in products or just shampooing?
  • ParatyParaty Posts: 394Registered Users
    Lots of reasons including using a "moisturizing" or "curly hair" shampoo which can leave a coating after shampooing, using a shampoo that is not ph balanced for your hair, using products with Stearalkonium Chloride (same thing in V05 conditioners that causes fluffy hair), glycerin (frizz for some), or simply needing to switch shampoos if your hair is used to the Tresemme. Try to use a shampoo that is not moisturizing or meant for curly/wavy hair. Just a plain cleansing shampoo that is gentle and contains no sodium laurel sulfate, sodium laureth sulfate, or ammonium laurel/laureth sulfates. This way you can ensure that you hair is actually being cleaned when you shampoo and that deposits aren't being left behind.
    Hair • Wellness • Style Blog

Routine: Cleanse Kenra Clarifying, Deep Co with Matrix Biolage Balm + oil (EVOO, avocado, KCPP or Wild Growth oil),:glasses1:Style with Matrix Biolage Balm + KCPP; or Aloe water + KCPP + KCCC; or CR Almond Jai + styler (KCCC, KCPP or Treluxe Hi Def gel); or Treluxe combo (Treluxe UK leave-in, KCPP, Treluxe Hi Def gel); or Eco gel alone (Argan or Olive). Avoiding Buildup with low glycerin, coconut, shea, honey, non-keratin protein.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file