Anyone tried curl-ease towel?

pdxwavy1pdxwavy1 Registered Users Posts: 3
Has anyone tried the curl-ease or any other drying towel. I am always curious how well they work. My hair takes so long to dry, I think it would be worth it if they worked.
Would love some feedback, thanks.
Also, I am trying plopping, but haven't quite mastered it. Any hints?

Comments

• KaiaKaia Registered Users Posts: 8,815 Curl Connoisseur
    I use the Scunci microfiber turban. It's $5.99 at K-mart, so definitely a better deal then the curl-ease (which I haven't tried). I use the turban to plop, so I use it a little differently and don't wrap my hair into it. I spread out the turban on the toilet seat or the bed, with the end that you twist toward me. I bend over, and gather all my hair into one spot on the turban, near the end where your head goes. I rest my head on it, lift the end of the turban over the back of my head, and gather the other end while pulling on it. Then I twist the loose end, and when it's twisted, I stand up, and pull it to the back, and tie the loop around the button on the back. Did that make sense? I know internetchick also uses this turban. I think she does it in a similar way to what I do, but she might have other tips for you or be able to explain it better. HTH
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • pdxwavy1pdxwavy1 Registered Users Posts: 3
    Thank you for the tips. I am going to K-Mart to pick up the 5.99 towel. That is a bargin compared to the curl-ease. I will try your plopping method. I am sure it will take a little practice.
    Thanks again.
  • sweetpeacurlisweetpeacurli Registered Users Posts: 343
    I plop with my [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Curl-ease-Towel-p-500.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=curlease-curlease-towel]curl-ease towel[/buylink] every night and sleep with my hair that way. I love the results and it's the only way I've managed to have any success with plopping, but I don't find that it dries my hair any faster than anything else.
    Sulfate and Silicone-free since 2005
    CO-wash convert since October 2010
    Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/
    Twitter: @sweetpeacurli

Currently loving:
    • Vo5 tea therapy conditioners
    • Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose conditioner
    • Giovanni Direct leave-in
    • Biosilk Rock Hard Gelee
    I am now completely out of the closet as the craziest of crazy cat ladies. I own it. I embrace it. I am one with the crazy.
  • internetchickinternetchick Registered Users Posts: 6,191
    Yes, I use the turban and plop in it. My Fotki Journal has step by step pics and instructions on how I do it. I have now seen the turban in Walmart and Walgreen's if you can't find it at K Mart.
  • NuttyHairNuttyHair Registered Users Posts: 75
    If the turban doesn't work for you, you might consider the towel again. I find it is really helpful in drying my hair and definitely helps in not frizzing me up. But it is $$ so I hope your turban works!
    3B, I think w/very thick hair, shoulder length. Fall hair: Low Poo, TS, CK, Aloeba leave in, recoil or RR, plop, BRHG or SMU, no blow dry.
  • pdxwavy1pdxwavy1 Registered Users Posts: 3
    Thanks everybody. I got the scunci turban($6.99 at my local KMart). It is so much easier and drys my hair so much quicker than a regular towel. I appreciate everyone's input.
  • ljelyljely Registered Users Posts: 11
    Laura
    a 3A, sometimes more like 2A, living in hot and humid Mississippi
  • internetchickinternetchick Registered Users Posts: 6,191
    ljely wrote:

I think it is also made from micro fiber.
  • KaiaKaia Registered Users Posts: 8,815 Curl Connoisseur
    ljely wrote:

It's 100% cotton. I don't know what would make it so great for frizz, maybe it's woven very tightly? I can't imagine it being so much better than a T-shirt, aside from being easier to wrap on your head.
    *Poster formerly known as Bailey422*

Here's all you have to know about men and women: women are crazy, men are stupid. And the main reason women are crazy is that men are stupid. ~ George Carlin
  • JerseyCurlJerseyCurl Registered Users Posts: 945
    Bailey422 wrote:
    ljely wrote:

It's 100% cotton. I don't know what would make it so great for frizz, maybe it's woven very tightly? I can't imagine it being so much better than a T-shirt, aside from being easier to wrap on your head.
    I have it and it is 100% cotton and it does a super job at absorbing water. The only trouble for me is that it is designed like a looong rectangle. Meaning it is not very easy to plop, at least not for me. The only way I was able to use it successfully was to wrap it around my head like you would with a regular towel. Truthfully, I don't use it I just plop in my hubby's old tshirts, they are much more easier to plop into. :)
    "Wonder Twin Powers, Activate! "
  • Kgrl17Kgrl17 Registered Users Posts: 137
    I also have it and love it. Actually for me it is easier than anything I've tried to plop with. It's so long that it's easy to tie in the back of your head. It seems to soak up a ton of water and speed up the drying process. I've tried other towels and t-shirts before and haven't gotten the same results.

If you can get a t-shirt or cheaper towel to work for you though then I would stick with those b/c they are less money
  • Gemini13Gemini13 Registered Users Posts: 5,000
    Kgrl17 wrote:
    I also have it and love it. Actually for me it is easier than anything I've tried to plop with. It's so long that it's easy to tie in the back of your head.

Same here...
    Brooklyn, NY

Hair: 3A/B, Underlayer of 2B
    HG products:
    Winter- Giovanni Tea Tree (co-wash) & 50/50 (condish); Curl Junkie Curl Assurance Leave-In; Curls Milkshake & Quenched Curls; Re:coil; BRHG
    Summer: DevaCurl No Poo & OneC; CK; Re:coil; BRHG; Honey!!!

fotki pw= crrrls
  • baylessbabybaylessbaby Registered Users Posts: 6
    I use it alot and I like that I can wrap my hair up and go about my duties. It definitely gets out the wetness and helps in drying time. I'm not sure if it's suppose to help with the frizzies cuz it doesn't help with that. By the way, what is PLOPPING??? and what does it do and how do I do it???
    2C, modified CG
  • snidelycurlssnidelycurls Registered Users Posts: 2
    I saw the curlease towel at Bed Bath and Beyond the other day and purchased it, and just used it for the first time today... I didn't really see THAT big of a difference from just using a regular old towel, but it was nice to just sit around and do whatever for 15 minutes while my hair dried, hah!
  • echokittenechokitten Registered Users Posts: 1,751
    Bailey422 wrote:
    I use the Scunci microfiber turban. It's $5.99 at K-mart, so definitely a better deal then the curl-ease (which I haven't tried). I use the turban to plop, so I use it a little differently and don't wrap my hair into it. I spread out the turban on the toilet seat or the bed, with the end that you twist toward me. I bend over, and gather all my hair into one spot on the turban, near the end where your head goes. I rest my head on it, lift the end of the turban over the back of my head, and gather the other end while pulling on it. Then I twist the loose end, and when it's twisted, I stand up, and pull it to the back, and tie the loop around the button on the back. Did that make sense? I know internetchick also uses this turban. I think she does it in a similar way to what I do, but she might have other tips for you or be able to explain it better. HTH

I use the exact same technique but with a mens XL tee. I have been trying to get DH to take pics or vids of this technique so I can post it to no avail. I am now working on getting my mom to help. :wink:
    I have never tried a microfiber towel but saw one at Sally's yesterday for $4.99. Anyone ever use these?
    Cincinnati Ohio>>>Coarse protein sensitive 3a, Jessicurl WDT as a leave in, Biotera gel, White Boots, PW= coffeecurls

"Man tries to exaggerate what nature has given him," Charles Darwin (1809-1882).

"Nothing makes a woman more beautiful than the belief that she is beautiful." -Sophia Loren
  • orangeserendipity32orangeserendipity32 Registered Users Posts: 313 Curl Connoisseur
    I bought the Curl ease towel at Bed Bath and Beyond too. It's about $20, but use a 20% coupon if you can get ur hands on one! I love it. Microfiber=frizz city for me. This worked so much better. This is very absorbent cotton, much like a cloth diaper material.
    2c?/low-med porosity/medium texture
    Cruelty Free & CG
    Winter Routine:
    Co-wash: As I Am or Nubian Heritage Indian hemp and Tamanu
    Low-Po: Acure Argan Oil and Pumpkin Mega Moisture
    Condish: Acure "
    LI: Kinky Curly Knot Today
    Stylers: Mop Top curling Custard, Max Green Alchemy scalp rescue sculpting gel, Dermorganics spray gel as finisher, SOTC w/ Curls passion fruit control paste
    Refresh w/: Shea Moisture coconut hibiscus hold and shine mist and jojoba oil
    DT:  A variety of Shea Moisture 

http://public.fotki.com/orange32
    pw=ringlet
  • beckysmabeckysma Registered Users Posts: 241
    I bought a microfiber turban off ebay very cheap and I love it.
    3b, fine, but LOTS of it...
  • kcckcc Registered Users Posts: 681
    I bought the Curl ease towel at Bed Bath and Beyond too. It's about $20, but use a 20% coupon if you can get ur hands on one! I love it. Microfiber=frizz city for me. This worked so much better. This is very absorbent cotton, much like a cloth diaper material.

this is what i was going to say. i still like mine. :)
    And you know, I'm really not totally sold on the sandwich idea. They're kind of traditional, I know I said that, don't question me about that, but they aren't really all that chic, you know? --fig jam

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file