CJ Hibiscus & Banana Honey Creme Leave In

redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Registered Users Posts: 17,502 Curl Neophyte
I'm really liking this so far.

While my hair looks big, the individual strands are fine, so I went with this version for fine hair. Besides, I'm using it as a leave in and I didn't want something too heavy.

It smells great - just like the deep fix. The first night, I think I applied too much and it ended up being a bit heavy and sticky. The second night I used less, just over a quarter sized blob for bushy, just above BSL hair.

I tried it with no other product to see how it did. I was still a little fuzzy the next day, and the curl was looser than it would be if I had used gel. But, it wasn't so bad tht I wouldn't go out with it. I'll say it was 80% good.

My hair feels quite soft. I had been using [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCurl-BLeave-In-p-434.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-bleavein]B'Leave In[/buylink], and it's been making me feel straw-like. This makes me feel soft. I kept touching my hair today, which doens't help with the frizz, I know.

Tonight I put some BHRG on top, so I'll see how this looks tomorrow.

For those who like honey, it's in here, 5th ingredient.

Glycerin is the 4th ingredient, so those of you who don't like glycerin can be aware of it. I'm not a whiz at interpreting labels, but there is a silk amino acid in there also, fairly far down. I'm not sure if this affects those of you sensitive to proteins.

I'd use this for the great smell alone, but I do love how it makes my hair feel.
Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.

Comments

• SnarlsSnarls Registered Users Posts: 2,537
    Wow, that's a very helpful review!

I get nice, round shiny curls with this leave-in. If it's not too humid, I can wear it w/o other products. Otherwise I've been experimenting with layering a little CK in, or [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KC Curling Custard[/buylink], or Aussie Volume gel (no, I do not need volume but it seems to work just like any gel).

The leave-in keeps my hair moisturized and healthy looking, without an unnatural, weighed down, or wet look. Works much better for me than a regular conditioner, and I don't need a curl enhancer with it either.

I'm a happy CJ PJ :D !
    formerly Castella
    (my dogs aren't snarly, my hair is)
  • redcelticcurlsredcelticcurls Registered Users Posts: 17,502 Curl Neophyte
    Thanks Castella,

I did get better results with putting the BHRG on top of it last night. I used less than I usually do, so not so much crunch. I slept plopped last night, so some of the curls have an odd shpae, but it turned out well considering that and the fact that the dew point is 70 right now. :)

I really like the softness from this leave in.

I did put a photo in yahoo pics. I hope that the link works, lol.
    Kiva! Microfinance works.

Med/Coarse, porous curly.
  • lushaholiclushaholic Registered Users Posts: 2,180
    rcc, your hair is absolutely beautiful!!
    3a/2c f/mii. pics added 2/3/07
    spingbannerwk6.jpghycoffeeiconuy8.gif
  • medusahairmedusahair Registered Users Posts: 3,515
    This is in rotation now, I forgot how much I love it! I have nice curls and spirals and no frizz yay! It works great under B&A too.
    2c/3a?
    Low porosity, medium texture.
    http://public.fotki.com/Medusahair/

If it smells good put it in your hair, if it tastes good spit it out!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file