blow drying and burnt smell

curlygirl8curlygirl8 Posts: 26Registered Users
hi does any one know what products i can use to pervent the burning smell the blow dryer gives you after u straighten your hair or what do i use after to eliminate the burning smell?

thank you

3b hair

Comments

• Raven CurlRaven Curl Posts: 45Registered Users
    curlygirl8 wrote: »
    hi does any one know what products i can use to pervent the burning smell the blow dryer gives you after u straighten your hair or what do i use after to eliminate the burning smell?

thank you

3b hair

OMG, what kind of blow dryer are you using? I have smelled a slight burned smell coming from the dryer itself, but my hair has never smelled burned. If you are burning your hair then you are doing something wrong, hun. Are you sure it's just the dryer and not your hair?
    Hair Type: mix of 2c/3a

Modified CG
    Low poo-Organix Coconut
    Co Wash-Suave Naturals Coconut
    Leave-In-Suave Naturals Coconut or Deva leave-in
    Styling-3 Sisters of Nature curling gelo, FSG, LA Looks sport gel
  • curlygirl8curlygirl8 Posts: 26Registered Users
    im sure its not something im doing wrong my hair is just really curly N i have to go over my hair many times to get it straight so it ends up smelling burnt
  • multiracialcurls89multiracialcurls89 Posts: 204Registered Users
    hmmmmmmm yes, I have also experienced this I have really curly hair and it takes alot of heat for me to be able to get it straight....like.......ALOT, which is why I rarely rarely ever straighten it and plus it takes a total of four hours for me to do it, and two and half for a professional....:/ yikes! Hmmm so yes when I straighten my hair and then wash it I have to say it has a slight burnt smell to it.
    <A href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/"; target=_blank>

event.png
    Napptural Anniversary 6/27/08
    3c/3b
    Hair Loves: EcoStyler Olive Oil Gel, Protein Conditioners
    Hair Hates: Sulfates, Daily Hair Drenchings with Water, Gels with alot heavy PVP's
  • onethousandcurlsonethousandcurls Posts: 1,118Registered Users
    I used to have that problem. I just bought a cheap Herbal Essences hairspray (the least amount of hold possible, since that's not my goal) and sprayed when I was done, like hair perfume. Then brush your hair to get rid of the hold (it is hairspray, after all).

If possible, try to find one without alcohol denat. in it, since that contributes to dry hair, and you already flat iron.
    3b/c, CG 9/18/08
    Last process: 04/05/08 Big Chop: 08/08/09
    Currently: Herbal Essences Hello Hydration, Herbal Essences Set Me Up gel (summer only), Boots Curl Creme (winter only)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file