CurlTalk

AOHR on dry hair?

tinahtinah Posts: 1,195Registered Users Curl Neophyte
So on the back of the bottle it says for a deep conditioning to apply to dry hair and leave on for 15 min. then shampoo and condition.

Anyone every tried this? If so what were the results?
CG - 3/27/09
3b - dry - medium texture/medium porosity!
Co wash/rinseout/leave in: currently auditioning products
Styling: lube and BRHG

Comments

• belasunabelasuna Posts: 599Registered Users
    tinah wrote: »
    So on the back of the bottle it says for a deep conditioning to apply to dry hair and leave on for 15 min. then shampoo and condition.

I just did this yesterday and LOVED the way my hair felt afterwards. I have a lot of hair so I had to use quite a bit, which I didn't mind because my hair is very dry. I divided my hair into small sections and covered each section of hair from root to tip with AOHR. I left it on for 30 minutes then co-washed, and did my RO condish as usual. I was very pleased with the silky smooth hair that resulted.
    ~belasuna :angel1:
    3a/b, very dry, fine/med-coarse, high porosity
    CG since 7/27/09
    Bella Curl Products
    CW: protein free-cleansing creme
    CO: protein free MRcondish
    Styler: FSG + protein free LI Elixir, Gellie, Shine & Seal Serum
    Lady of Elixir, Keeper of the Secret Blend, in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
  • aaa00aaaa00a Posts: 284Registered Users
    I so want to try that.
    I found a place sort of nearby that apparently sells Aubrey Organic products, I just hope they have it. Just have to wait until I get to go shopping next.
    Wavy, dry, protein sensitive, coarse, highly overly porus, very low elasticity, medium-thick density, very prone to split ends
    Avoids: Sulphates, Silicones, Protein, Mineral oil, Petroleum, Polyquaternium, Sodium/Magnesium, Heat
    Mod-CG since June 2007
  • tinahtinah Posts: 1,195Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    belasuna wrote: »
    tinah wrote: »

I just did this yesterday and LOVED the way my hair felt afterwards. I have a lot of hair so I had to use quite a bit, which I didn't mind because my hair is very dry. I divided my hair into small sections and covered each section of hair from root to tip with AOHR. I left it on for 30 minutes then co-washed, and did my RO condish as usual. I was very pleased with the silky smooth hair that resulted.

I did it last night after I posted this. I put it in my hair dry (so small feat either!) and left it in for about two hours. Then I just rinsed it out instead of co washing . It was really silky feeling. Then I didn't use any leave in or anything and my hair sooo soft!! I'm happy with the results!! It's soft and feels quite moisturized!
    CG - 3/27/09
    3b - dry - medium texture/medium porosity!
    Co wash/rinseout/leave in: currently auditioning products
    Styling: lube and BRHG