Growing Hair

SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
I've been trying to follow the CG routine for 5 months now. I can't really tell if my hair looks much better but for now I'm sticking with it. I use Aveda Shampure once a week with tons of conditioner and I don't ever brush my hair. My question is this: I'm trying to grow out my hair, I'd like for it to be about 6 inches longer, and many websites suggest that washing your hair with mane 'n tail shampoo will make it grow faster.
Has anyone tried this? Or have any tips for making hair grow fast?

Thanks!

Comments

• LavenderCurlsLavenderCurls Posts: 1,478Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    I've never heard that but maybe someone else on here has.

The only suggestion I've heard and tried is taking Biotin, available in the vitamin section anywhere. Honestly, I don't know if it works, but I think a couple of people on here take and says it does.

I think keeping your hair clean and trimming any split ends you see will help it to grow.
    CG-modified since 4/05
    2b/3a and 3b on occasion!
    Products: The hair aisle in my own cabinets. :roll:
    Best definition winner: KCCC
    Best volume winner: LOOB
  • SylphideNoirSylphideNoir Posts: 1Registered Users
    The structure of the hair is developed below the skin in the follicle. No shampoo could speed up your body's ability to create that keratin formation. All the best shampoo could do is maintain the health of the scalp and moisture level of the newly formed hair...and I don't think Mane & Tail is the best shampoo.
  • NC_beach_wavesNC_beach_waves Posts: 33Registered Users
    I've read that hair grows an average of a half inch a month so give yourself a year or better to get the six inches of length you want. I've never tried mane 'n tail before, but I don't believe that any shampoo can make your hair grow faster. I have also been taking multi-vitamins with a small amount of biotin in them and I haven't noticed any difference in the new growth since I started taking them a month ago. The real key to growing you hair longer is patience and taking care of what's already on your head to prevent damage, breakage, and split ends.
    }i{~}i{~}i{
    2b/2c/f/i
  • BeachBlondeWavieBeachBlondeWavie Posts: 159Registered Users
    i don't believe the shampoos and stuff work to grow hair persay but certain ones help keep hair strong and healthy so you don't need to trim as much...

i've been taking biotin for years now and my hair does seem to grow quick- i got my roots dyed in the end of may and now i need to di them again because of almost 2 inches of new growth....

i also recently started taking gnc ultranourishhair along with biotin to try and speed results because i heard good things about it. its too soon to tell with that though...

also massaging your scalp daily will help to blood flow circulate in your head and can help hair grow more

:)
    Diane
    2C blonde long hair

•ojon + curls
    •goal: to grow my hair to my waist!

•hair timeline:
    -last cut [email protected] devachan by jeff
    -colored 3.6.07
    -trimmed on 10.1
    -softened @ ouidad 10.20
  • HeatherDawnHeatherDawn Posts: 300Registered Users
    I used Mane 'n' Tail stuff about ten years ago. It is really, REALLY thick stuff. Almost lard like. I'm not sure what is in it. It didn't help my hair grow any faster. Only thing that has really changed my hair is taking multi-vitamins and then it's just more shiney.

Hang in there. It's hard to see the progress when that 6" is in a spiral or wave. I am always shocked how long my hair has gotten this year when I blowdry it strait. Wow. It'll happen!
    HeatherDawn
    2C/3A
  • annie mayannie may Posts: 87Registered Users
    How are we getting all these "guests" posting this horrid web links advertising. Make them stop, they're violating my treasured NC.com
    Getting curlier the longer I CG :-)
    http://public.fotki.com/anniemay123/hair-982007/
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    they're advertising some forms of antidepressant i think. so they must think curly hairred people are depressed :P

they are wrecking the site. i hate spammers. go away, please!
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    by the way, that last post was me, curlupanddye. i mustn't be logged in :(
  • annie mayannie may Posts: 87Registered Users
    Make them stop!
    My bouncey hair is like my attitute, happy!
    Getting curlier the longer I CG :-)
    http://public.fotki.com/anniemay123/hair-982007/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file