Wavy Hair Pictures

HeatherDawnHeatherDawn Posts: 300Registered Users
Hey Girls! I was thinking that we should have a place for JUST wavy pictures of styles we like. The CurlPix section has a few, but not as many as I'd like to see! LOL! How about it? Any links you like?

I'll start:

Meg Ryan's wavy bob seen here. It is the fifth one down - number 6.
: http://www.thehairstyler.com/celebrity_hairstyle.asp?name=Meg+Ryan

Nichole has been wearing her hair straiter lately, but numbers 4, 5, 7, and 8 are wavier: http://www.thehairstyler.com/celebrity_hairstyle.asp?name=Nicole+Kidman

Misha Barton has a couple of wavy styles. I really like number 3: http://www.thehairstyler.com/celebrity_hairstyle.asp?name=Mischa+Barton

Molly Sims has some good styles for 2A hair: http://www.thehairstyler.com/celebrity_hairstyle.asp?name=Molly+Sims

Looks like Mary Kate Olsen has 2A. It's good to see someone loving thier 2A's: http://www.thehairstyler.com/celebrity_hairstyle.asp?name=Mary+Kate+Olsen

Liz Hurley's number 4 look is beautiful 2B waves?: http://www.thehairstyler.com/celebrity_hairstyle.asp?name=Liz+Hurley

Kate Hudson's are all wavey styles: http://www.thehairstyler.com/celebrity_hairstyle.asp?name=Kate+Hudson

Jessica Simpson has several wavey styles on here too. My favorite is number 17: http://www.thehairstyler.com/celebrity_hairstyle.asp?name=Jessica+Simpson

Jenna Elfman isn't afraid of her waves!: http://www.thehairstyler.com/celebrity_hairstyle.asp?name=Jenna+Elfman
HeatherDawn
2C/3A

Comments

• LavenderCurlsLavenderCurls Posts: 1,478Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Great pics!! I love Meg Ryan's hair (#6). I actually asked my stylist to cut mine like hers one time and it was very similar to that.

Also love Jenna Elfman's hair, Nicole's, Kate's (the girl is the spitting image of her mother!) and some of Jessica's (that girl looks different in almost every picture).
    CG-modified since 4/05
    2b/3a and 3b on occasion!
    Products: The hair aisle in my own cabinets. :roll:
    Best definition winner: KCCC
    Best volume winner: LOOB
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    I think this is a great idea. But I am so :( because most pictures with wavy hair are obviousely done with a curling iron. I saw 2, maybe 3 pictures in HeatherDawn's that looked au naturel (unless those are extentions, Mary Kate looks all natural, so good for her). I think that this is why there are so few pictures of wavy hair out there. I will post some if I find some, though!!!
  • MegnificentMegnificent Posts: 109Registered Users
    Sorry, that was me. I'm at work and forgot to login.
    2a-3a

Fotki: curlymeg

Nature's Gate Awapuhi Volumizing Conditioner
    Graham Webb Making Waves gel
    jojoba or coconut oil as a DT

Hair is pretty great now that it's colder, now I'm focusing on my skin. Sniffle.
  • HeatherDawnHeatherDawn Posts: 300Registered Users
    You think so? I really liked those because that is close to what my hair looks like natural. I always assume these girls have had someone sand around for an hour making sure that all of the waves are looking the same way and pinning and cutting to get them there, but for the most part I think the ones I picked looked fairly natural.

I have to admit to pulling out the curling iron this week before church. My bangs are just past my nose, so when they curl they are right to my eyes. Naturally one side secided to make a crazy double-loop-back and went RIGHT in my eye. It was NOT moving. So I curled that puppy OUT of the way - LOL! Never done that before, but the rest looked really good. Just that ONE peice....
    HeatherDawn
    2C/3A
    I do think that most wavies get a lot of help from the curling iron, but I understand, they want the waves to be more uniform.

I just wanted to share some photos of Sandra Oh, she is my hair goddess. On Grey's Anatomy I think that it looks mostly natural, helped a little with curling iron. At the award events, probably mostly curling iron. I am showing these to my stylist next time. She is positively beautiful!!

http://www.tv.com/sandra-oh/person/16597/photos.html
    2a-3a

Hair is pretty great now that it's colder, now I'm focusing on my skin. Sniffle.
  • DolphinCurlsDolphinCurls Posts: 370Registered Users
    I agree with you, Meg, on the pics being done with a curling iron and not looking natural. They are gorgeous pics though For me its frustrating because my waves are so much curlier than that, yet they aren't curly enough to be considered curly. My waves are rounder, almost ringletty, not flat like what most of us think of waves are. :? I can never find a picture of what my type of waves look like. And I don't have a good picture to upload either.
    3A/2C combination of ringlets and waves :nike:
    Cheer up, Dolphin! It is rare and special to be wavy, and you aren't alone. I have half wave/half curl ringlets too. (Today was a great hair day, BTW!) Right now I am taking pleasure in being authentic and not burned into perfect curl submission. I haven't curled my hair for almost a year, but once I took out the curling iron and was going to, and I dropped the iron and burned myself horribly. I took it as a sign from God!!!!

That's why I like Sandra Oh, on Grey's Anatomy, her waves are so imperfect.

BTW, take corny pictures of yourself, that's what I did. I got a lot of extra help by having those pix online.
    2a-3a

• meegsmeegs Posts: 354Registered Users
    Thanks for sharing those pictures. Some were definitely curling iron jobs (*cough* Nicole Kidman *cough*), but some looked like natural waves with just an assist from the old curling iron.

I've always liked Kate Hudson's hair. It doesn't usually look overly done up. The Mischa Barton style also looks like something that could be reasonably approximated without too much fussing. And I love Sandra Oh's hair too, but hers is somewhat curlier than mine. I think her Grey's style is pretty close to her natural hair.

Rachel Weisz nearly always appears with some sort of wavy or curly style. Many of them look somewhat fakey, but I'm guessing she has some waves or curls in real life, since that always seems to figure into her style. This seems fairly undone. I think she's beautiful.

I do agree that wavy celebs are rarely allowed to go out in public with their hair in its natural state. It's always either curled or straightened. Wavy hair is very unpredictable. You just gotta embrace it.
    2b-ish--embracing my waves this summer
    Aussie Catch the Wave condish, L'Oreal NutriGloss condish; Nexxus Designing Texxtur Cream, Rusk Radical Creme, Pantene Curl Defining Mousse, Paul Mitchell Sculpting Foam; coconut oil for DTs
  • HappyInHoopsHappyInHoops Posts: 27Registered Users
    Hi wavies!
    I'm enjoying this thread. I'm always eager to read more comments from the "2" group. I agree with the comments here too. I also love Sandra Oh's hair. Did you see her hair in the movie Sideways? I like when hair is a little "unplugged" and looks a little wild, as opposed to that over producty, doesn't move in the wind kind of look. It's not always easy but I am learning to enjoy my hair on those crazy unplugged days and I try not to obsess over it. Unlike most of you, I wasn't born with wavy/curly hair. It was straight through most of my 30's and just gradually changed over time. I'm brand new to all of this stuff. I feel more like myself with it curly. It's funny, even when my hair was straight, I always felt like I had a "curly" personality. Is that goofy to say?? Anyway, Meg, your hair looks great and I hope mine looks as healthy after I grow out some of my damaged ends, which could take forever :( . Everybody on this board has the most healthy looking hair I've ever seen. I'm so glad I found this place. I come here to get inspired and it keeps me going.
    I'm a Wavicelli
    2B & 2C/some 3A
    Started CG 6/28/06, relapsed, started again on 8/12/06
  • ChrematisaiChrematisai Posts: 85Registered Users
    Yeah, this thread is great! I'm actually looking for ideas for a shorter cut that will work for my 2a-ish hair. I'm thinking at least going as short as my shoulders, maybe a bob, maybe even eventually a bit shorter, but we'll see. I rather like Meg Ryan's #6, but I'm not sure if I want to go that short just yet. Though her messy wavy-ish short cut is nice, too (#4) - and the idea of such a low maintenance and yet cute cut really really appeals.
    "A face without freckles is like a night without stars"

~Jenny
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    I like this thread too!! Lots of fun hairstyles to look at. My hair is about bra-strap length and I'm trying to let it grow out a little longer so I can donate the length to locks of love, but man! is it hard!!!?? I get so frustrated with my wimpy waves. On a good day, it probably looks like the last pic of Sandra Oh, but I don't have many good days :)
    I'll try to get a good pic to upload so my fellow wavies can support me in my quest to donate 10 inches!!
  • MsBeeHavinMsBeeHavin Posts: 29Registered Users
    sorry - that was me - I rarely post and forgot to log in
    shoulder-blade wavie searching for curls
  • HeatherDawnHeatherDawn Posts: 300Registered Users
    Yeah, this thread is great! I'm actually looking for ideas for a shorter cut that will work for my 2a-ish hair. I'm thinking at least going as short as my shoulders, maybe a bob, maybe even eventually a bit shorter, but we'll see. I rather like Meg Ryan's #6, but I'm not sure if I want to go that short just yet. Though her messy wavy-ish short cut is nice, too (#4) - and the idea of such a low maintenance and yet cute cut really really appeals.

Oh oh! I had that hair cut (no 4)! I really liked it. SO easy. At the time I had "given up" on my hair and was maybe blow drying it once a week. Funny thing is it looked so much better and I dind't know why. Heehee. There is a picture of me (and my son) with that cut in my album..
    HeatherDawn
    2C/3A
  • cunninghamaircunninghamair Posts: 178Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    We had a thread like this awhile ago.

Try this link: http://www.naturallycurly.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=55193&highlight=

I used to love Jessica Simpson's hair until I realized it is mostly a fall or extensions that has been curled.
    Modified CG since 9/03. 2B/3A. JESSICURL!!! Gentle Poo, Aloeba, Gelebration, Awe; or Mop Top Poo & Condish; Curlisto Mousse & Gel I. Winter: Elucence MB Clarify, Shampoo & Conditioner. ACV & honey rinses. Plop & Pixiecurl diffuse. Password: curls
  • curlgirl4lifecurlgirl4life Posts: 88Registered Users
    I love kate hudson's hair! It looks very natural, though I'm not sure if it is or not!
    3A curly with shoulder length hair
    lovelovelove HE Set Me Up gel....
    ...still experimenting, any advice welcome! :)
  • DumbelinaTheDaftDumbelinaTheDaft Posts: 93Registered Users

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file