Friends With Curly Hair That Don't Understand It

stuipdthingstuipdthing Posts: 35Registered Users
Okay to start out this one friend is kind of a dork and extremely annoying (I'm awful I know) but she is a good friend

Her hair might be the most awful thing I've ever seen. It's only as curly as mine but she doesn't understand how to take care of it

Her excuses are "I've tried everything, it never works, omg no it doesn't work, blah blah blah"

I try to explain the curly hair method to her and she stares at me like she has nothing up there

I've converted most of my curly haired friends to wearing it curly and beautiful

But this friend is just now AHHH, I don't know. I don't know how to explain it to her but it's frustrating cause her hair is the most gorgeous color and she's so pretty and her hair is just begging to be let out. She wears it in a bun pulled so tight you think it's straight

She wore it curly ONCE, but it's clear she didn't understand the method or use what you're supposed to because her hair was so frizzy and stiff at the same time and she pulled back the top of her hair in a half pony tail so it was straight

DISCUSS: Curly haired girls that are resistant to the conversion

Comments

• NicoletteNicolette Posts: 44Registered Users
    I had a friend that had naturally 3B/4A hair that was just GORGEOUS.
    But her mother was afraid it looked to "African-American" (well, you really know what she thought), so beginning at age 12, she forced her daughter to get relaxers and straighten her hair.
    We aren't friends anymore (we just grew apart), but I saw a picture and her hair is fried.
    897475.png
    2C roots, 3A/3B for the rest.
    currently growing out... pulled down the longest part of hair is a little past the armpit.

curly goals: GROWING OUT! :toothy8:

routine: Condition daily with Nature's Gate Conditioner, shampoo once a week with Organix Hydrating Shampoo .
    Wrap in t-shirt and let dry for ten minutes. Scrunch with Redken Ringlet 07 and blow-dry bangs.

• lazy loopslazy loops Posts: 8,792Registered Users
    I have 'friends' who are also curly. I give full size products that don't work for me, but may work for them. I've given just enough advice when I sensed they were hinting at wanting a little, so I didn't scare them away.

But if they want to continue to straighten, get their hair thinned when they get a cut, use the harshest of sulfates, let the sun bleach their hair brittle dry...

Who am I to try & make them do anything. If they show active participation & request information, I'll help them. But until then, I'll let them alone.
  • stuipdthingstuipdthing Posts: 35Registered Users
    The thing is though this friend asks for help and I try. But when she sees that the advice I'm giving her goes against what she's probably heard I feel like she half tunes me out. It's really annoying. Why ask for help when you don't want it? Plus she doesn't pay attention to my instructions and doesn't use the product right so when it doesn't work out she's like "oh my hair just isn't like yours" which maybe true but she didn't try
  • PrettyMedusaPrettyMedusa Posts: 619Registered Users
    The thing is though this friend asks for help and I try. But when she sees that the advice I'm giving her goes against what she's probably heard I feel like she half tunes me out. It's really annoying. Why ask for help when you don't want it? Plus she doesn't pay attention to my instructions and doesn't use the product right so when it doesn't work out she's like "oh my hair just isn't like yours" which maybe true but she didn't try

It sounds like she just can't be bothered about putting in the effort. Next time she asks for your advice, why don't you just say what you wrote: Why ask for my help when you don't seem to want it or pay attention to my instructions?
    Fine, porous 3a with some 3b...
    Co-wash: Suave Tropicals Coconut Conditioner (with shampoo bars 2x a month) Rinse-out: L'oreal Vive Pro Nutri Gloss Leave-in: Lustrasilk Styling: CK, Pink Boots, KCCC, AOMM, HESMU, BRHG, CJ Aloe Fix Gel Post-Styling: Apply product to wet hair, scrunch out water with Curls Like Us, diffuse for 5-7 minutes Treatments: Vatika coconut oil, Kama Brahmi oil

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file