CurlTalk

Fuzzies over my curls...

Does anyone ever get little fuzzie hair over their curls? It always happens to me. Where my main curls look gorgeous, but there are always a few fuzzies on top. Sometimes I use a little coconut oil to tame them, but how can I prevent this?

So yeah, does anyone else have that problem?
Curl Type: 2c-3a, Medium thickness, Normal Porosity
Weekly Low-poo: TJ Pure Castile Soap
Co-wash: V05 Strawberries and Cream
Conditioner: GVP Conditioning Balm (Possibly HG!), GF Triple Nutrition
Styling Products: CK, Re:coil, JCRR, JCCC, LALMHG, EcoStyler, SMU Spray Gel, Boots

Life has many choices. Eternity has two. What's yours?

Comments

• thick_n_wavythick_n_wavy Posts: 250Registered Users
    I seem to get them when I over-diffuse, since the air is flowing up the hair shaft. That's my theory at least. So I try to diffuse until my hair gets crunchy and then let it air dry the rest of the way. This way I don't get frizz.
    2c-3a. Thick density. Texture = mixture of medium and fine.

Always trying to boost my curl!

Go-to products: Pink Boots, CJSG, LALSG, Abba Pure Finish gel
    Experimenting with: CJAF, CJ CCCC, JCRR/CC, BRHG, PB Goo, Re:Coil, Komaza CHP, EcoStyler Protein
    Didn't like: HESMU, Matrix Biolage Gelee (both too goopy)

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fpublic.fotki.com%2Fthicknwavy%2F" class="Popup
    Last updated: Dec. 3, 2009
  • dernhelmdernhelm Posts: 84Registered Users
    I get that type of frizz, too. I think it's surface frizz.

I don't diffuse, but I've been noticing that I get it more when I use [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink] alone, without a stronger gel on top.

Wonder what else causes this type of frizz?

ETA: There's a post called "Types of Frizz" that explains all the different kinds of frizzies....I cannot for the life of me find it right now :confused4:
    very fine/dense/high porosity
    No heat styling

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • oddityofwingsoddityofwings Posts: 1,261Registered Users
    A lot of the times this sort of frizz is caused by shorter hairs breaking away from the main curl - ie, these hairs are new growth and part of a different curl. You can't really get away from having a few, but careful handling when scrunching and a gel with stronger hold will help them from popping away so soon.
    3b/c. Fine, med-high porosity, normal elasticity. Hair loves oils in summer, protein in winter. Constantly battling the hard water monster.

Favourites:love5::
    CJ Curl Theory, Curl Rehab, Smoothing, Curl Fix, Daily Fix, CCCC, CIAB, CQ, SSCC, MC shampoo, Inecto Pure Coconut Oil, CP luscious curl creme (summer), DB Pumpkin Seed (summer), FD/MT, JCWDT, JCTS

American literature PhD student in the UK... :study:
  • britney.britney. Posts: 292Registered Users
    That might be cause by magnesium sulfate. My hair gets REALLY "fuzzy" when I use products with magnesium sulfate in it.
    2c/3a some 3b/Thick/Fine texture?/High Porosity
    Currently trying out the CG method again as of 1/3/12!

Current Routine:
    Co-wash/RO: Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle
    Low poo: Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat (when needed)
    Products: LA Looks Sports Gel and Curly Kinks Coil Jam

• JusduitJusduit Posts: 578Registered Users
    dernhelm wrote: »
    I get that type of frizz, too. I think it's surface frizz.

I don't diffuse, but I've been noticing that I get it more when I use [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Kinky-Curly-Curling-Custard-p-778.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=kinkycurly-curling-custard]KCCC[/buylink] alone, without a stronger gel on top.

Wonder what else causes this type of frizz?

ETA: There's a post called "Types of Frizz" that explains all the different kinds of frizzies....I cannot for the life of me find it right now :confused4:

Is this the one?

http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/showthread.php?t=10134&highlight=masterpost
    3a (protein sensitive)
    Fine, normal porosity, normal elasticity

Cleansers: Mop-C Hydrating Shampoo, JCGLS
    Conditioners: CJCR, TJTTT
    Leave-in: CJCR, CK Satin Roots
    Stylers: UFDCM, CJPP
    Standby items:GVP K-Pak
  • dernhelmdernhelm Posts: 84Registered Users

Yes! That's the one, thank you!
    I couldn't find it anywhere....:toothy7:
    very fine/dense/high porosity
    No heat styling