All this talk about beauty...What about the ugly people?

Comments

• MeghuneyMeghuney Posts: 4,263Registered Users
    CGE wrote:
    FreeCurls wrote:
    I don't know, I think there's a difference between "ugly" and letting oneself go. For example ,there is a very nice woman who works at my fathers store. Our family has known her since she was a teen and she was always very very pretty. But in the past couple years, she began comsuming two or three TWO LITER bottles of Coke A DAY all by herself, and as a result, has gained over 100 pounds and lost many teeth. All in the past few years! This is not an unattractive woman, but because of her bad habits, her appearance is not what it could be.

I think everyone CAN look somewhat good with proper care and grooming.

are you equating fat with ugly?

Sounds like it to me. That she used to be pretty, but she's now ugly because she gained weight.

If that IS the case, I totally disagree. I have seen lots of women who while they are technically overweight, or gained weight sometime during their career, are simply gorgeous.

Queen Latifah, Jill Scott, Delta Burke, Monique (who I think is BEAUTIFUL), - just to name a few.
    Elicia wrote:
    ha ha i am fat so i am ugly :lol: No actually I am not ugly cause I am fat -- I am just fat and ugly separately, but i am funny as hell and people like me, so fk- it it's all good .
    :lol:

u are SO not ugly so please shut your pie hole. :roll:
  • EliciaElicia Posts: 881Registered Users
    Meghuney wrote:
    Elicia wrote:
    ha ha i am fat so i am ugly :lol: No actually I am not ugly cause I am fat -- I am just fat and ugly separately, but i am funny as hell and people like me, so fk- it it's all good .

:lol::lol: see this is why i love you so :lol:
    :binky::roll::eye:
    national anthem for self-pity :binky:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zawR7VYNdNg
    Elicia wrote:
    Meghuney wrote:
    Elicia wrote:

:lol::lol: see this is why i love you so :lol:

LMAO! U have me laughing now but I am SO not playing with you, ELICIA! U ARE NOT UGLY!!! I think both you AND your sis are so PRETTY!!! Don't make me kick ur cyber butt! :twisted:
  • internetchickinternetchick Posts: 6,191Registered Users
    Elicia wrote:

Don't you dare say that you are not! :evil:
  • gggg Posts: 1,865Registered Users
    Meghuney wrote:
    gg wrote:
    I may not be too ugly on the inside :wink: but I am on the outside. I don't kid myself I'm no beauty. I used to get upset about it but I don't think about it so much now. I was born this way can't help that.

WHAT??? I think there is something beautiful about everyone!! I am upset that u feel that way. :?

Why are you upset? I'm the one who has to look at my face and I avoid that as much as possible :lol::lol::lol:
    You don't have to blow out my flame to make yours burn brighter.

When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself.

How people treat you is their karma; how you react is yours.
    Elicia wrote:

Don't you dare say that you are not! :evil:

I know! Let's get together and kick her cyber butt.

Beautiful comes in all shapes and sizes.
  • NYCurlyGirlyNYCurlyGirly Posts: 1,012Registered Users
    oooh jeez I was afraid my comments would be misunderstood...NO fat does not equal ugly!!! Hell, I am fat! All body types are beautiful as long as they are reasonably healthy, and a woman can be naturally larger and still have great health. but this woman I described gained 100 pounds in A YEAR by consuming TWO LITER bottles of soda EACH DAY and THAT is not healthy. She is simply not caring for herself the way she could, that was my point. Hope I made myself clear :oops:
    "Yo, James, i'm really happy for you, i'm gonna let you finish killing Bella in a minute, but Demetri was one of the best Trackers of ALL time!"

www.myspace.com/mimichica
    gg wrote:
    Meghuney wrote:
    gg wrote:
    I may not be too ugly on the inside :wink: but I am on the outside. I don't kid myself I'm no beauty. I used to get upset about it but I don't think about it so much now. I was born this way can't help that.

WHAT??? I think there is something beautiful about everyone!! I am upset that u feel that way. :?

Why are you upset? I'm the one who has to look at my face and I avoid that as much as possible :lol::lol::lol:

:evil: THAT is why I am upset. Why would you say something like that about yourself?!?!? Then laugh it off! You are going to make me send you PM's about making you stand in front of the mirror to find something you LOVE about yourself and something you think is BEAUTIFUL.
    Meghuney wrote:
    gg wrote:
    Meghuney wrote:
    gg wrote:

:evil: THAT is why I am upset. Why would you say something like that about yourself?!?!? Then laugh it off! You are going to make me send you PM's about making you stand in front of the mirror to find something you LOVE about yourself and something you think is BEAUTIFUL.

:shock:

ok my toes are beautiful I love my toes :lol: I really do. I have nice beautiful feet and toes.

THAT'S IT!! I'M ABOUT TO SEND YOU A PM, MISSY!!!
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    :shock: :lol:
    Don't mess w/ Meg...

0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

Meghuney wrote:

:cry: Oh please don't I'll be good, I'll be good!

• SnarlsSnarls Posts: 2,537Registered Users
    Aw, CG. The boys used to call me "the ugly one" in school & I used to avoid mirrors too. Not so much anymore...well, the aging process is not being kind, but it's all interesting. One thing I've learned is that most people are too busy thinking about themselves and worrying what YOU think about THEM, to even notice you much!

If you tell the world with your demeanor & actions, I Am Beautiful, people will very often see you, if not as dictionary defined beautiful, as confident, compelling, attractive & powerful. A strong sense of self can in itself create beauty.
    formerly Castella
    (my dogs aren't snarly, my hair is)
    gg wrote:
    Meghuney wrote:

:cry: Oh please don't I'll be good, I'll be good!

TOO LATE! CHECK EM' OR FACE MY WRATH!!
  • jeepcurlygurljeepcurlygurl Posts: 20,729Registered Users, Curl Ambassador Curl Virtuoso
    Castella wrote:
    Aw, CG. The boys used to call me "the ugly one" in school & I used to avoid mirrors too. Not so much anymore...well, the aging process is not being kind, but it's all interesting. One thing I've learned is that most people are too busy thinking about themselves and worrying what YOU think about THEM, to even notice you much!

If you tell the world with your demeanor & actions, I Am Beautiful, people will very often see you, if not as dictionary defined beautiful, as confident, compelling, attractive & powerful. A strong sense of self can in itself create beauty.

Beautifully and perfectly said.

There are many of us who do not consider ourselves beautiful in any way. It doesn't mean we are unhappy or that we hate ourselves. It doesn't mean we aren't fabulous or successful or popular. Outer beauty is not the be-all end-all. It's really everything else about a person that matters. And I do think I'm fabulous.
    --I'm located in Western PA.   --I found NC in late 2004, CG since February 2005, joined the forums in May 2005, started going grey in late 2005.   --My hair is 3B with some 3A, currently at mid back length when dry,  texture-medium/fine, porosity-top is low, middle is medium, ends are porous, elasticity-normal.   --My long time favorite products are Suave & VO5 conditioners, LA Looks Sport Gel, coconut oil, honey, vinegar.   
    --My CG and grey hair progress -  
    http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/going-gray/179328-jeepys-grey-hair-progress.html   
    --My article at NaturallyCurly about going grey - 
    https://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/color/how-i-went-completely-gray-and-loved-it
  • LisaAnnLisaAnn Posts: 436Registered Users
    True beauty rarely comes from the outside, it comes from the inside.
  • FreeCurlsFreeCurls Posts: 4,408Registered Users
    again I find it interesting how the discussion has turned from ugliness to beauty. Does that mean that we don't really find anyone to be truly ugly? and if ugliness like beauty is in the eye of the beholder why is it so hard to acknowledge it?
    [FONT=&quot]Sterling Cooper Draper Pryce & FreeCurls[/FONT]

FreeCurls wrote:
    again I find it interesting how the discussion has turned from ugliness to beauty. Does that mean that we don't really find anyone to be truly ugly? and if ugliness like beauty is in the eye of the beholder why is it so hard to acknowledge it?

I think it's hard to discuss ugly without bringing in beauty. One doesn't exist without the other, does it? Whether we're talking inner or physical - it takes both for the other to exist.

Personally, I think even the "ugliest" person has something beautiful about them. Whether it's simply the way they carry themselves, their personalities, their humor...whatever.
    FreeCurls wrote:

Good point. It's like I'm telling you I'm ugly and your saying no your're not but if I said I'm so beautiful I'm the most gorgeous creature in the world would you also agree with that or tell me no you're not all that that you're just full of yourself? That kind of didn't make sense but I know what you're saying.

• mrspoppersmrspoppers Posts: 7,223Registered Users Curl Novice
    To me, ugly and homely are two different things. Ugly people are ugly on the inside. Homely people are the ones that aren't physically attractive. Yes, they exist. No, it's not a death sentence. One of the most beautiful people I've ever known was the homeliest person on my college campus.

Now don't go putting words in NYCurlyGirly's mouth. She said the woman she knows lost her teeth too. :)
    When are women going to face the fact that they don’t know their own bodies as well as men who have heard things?

Don Langrick
    Bonsai Culturist
  • wild~hairwild~hair Posts: 9,890Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    FreeCurls wrote:
    Would we recognize beauty if we didn't have ugly?
    I think we would all have to look exactly alike if we didn't have such a thing as ugly.

And then we'd be in a Twilight Zone episode. :lol:
  • BiancaBianca Posts: 2,492Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    medussa wrote:
    Bianca wrote:
    I think ugly/beautiful is relative. There are some people that I find hideous while others think that person is "kinda cute".

Perfect example, Lil Wanye:

lil_wayne.jpg

I throw up a little just looking at him but others find him quirky and cute. *Shrug*

Bianca, you jest! :lol:

He's not my type but that boy is nowhere near hideous. :lol:

He makes my face hurt.

But that just goes to show you. It's all in the eye of the beholder. Other than him, I've never really seen anyone that is so ugly it blows your mind.

And fat doesn't= ugly. Not by a long shot. JMHO.
    Shampoo: Herbal Essences-NOYF

Conditioner: Herbal Essences NOYF Conditioner mixed w/ Coppola Keratin Complex Conditioner

+ TJ Nourish and Olive oil combo.
  • YolyYoly Posts: 253Registered Users
    ha ha i am fat so i am ugly No actually I am not ugly cause I am fat -- I am just fat and ugly separately, but i am funny as hell and people like me, so fk- it it's all good .

You are not ugly! Well maybe in the morning when your hair is all crazy. Even then you're not ugly you're just scary :wink:

I tease because I love ya!

No matter what other nations may say about the United States, immigration is still the sincerest form of flattery.---unknown
  • j'adorej'adore Posts: 1,966Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Lil Wayne is ugly? He is not my type at all, but he's not a bad looking person. Interesting. :D

When it comes to physical appearance... I dunno. I am on the opposite side of the spectrum (as usual). I think we live in a society that breeds blandness. Beauty to me is uniqueness. When I walk down the street everybody looks the same to me. The folks who turn my head are just different in some way. Ugly involves not being physically attractive AND being a carbon copy of the next person...nothing special going on. In the South we used to call it "tired". :lol:

My crazy .02.
    :wink:
    "Don't play me...I'm over 30, and I don't smoke weed"
    -Prince

catcatadr20050914_-8_Marley+is.png
  • Aphro-DeeziacAphro-Deeziac Posts: 983Registered Users
    we are chicks and this thread has truely brung out our chickness. Its not "nice" to say someone is ugly. It can be hurtful. It may be our natural inclination to nurture, not make people feel bad, what ever it is, its the quality that a lot of women have. Its instilled into us to be nice. Im trying to get my thoughts to sound coherent on this and maybe im not doing such a good job.
    26560_1412644406072_1531382664_31035658_3971206_n.jpg
  • CGECGE Posts: 1,911Registered Users
    I think it's just natural to say someone is beautiful based on how attractive they are, but not so much if they are not attractive. So much more goes into making a person ugly.

Some of the most beautiful people in the world would probably become the ugliest once we got to know them.
    I used to have a signature but it disappeared and I just couldn't be bothered writing another so please feel free to ingore this.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Curl Neophyte
    Physically speaking, I think most of us are "average folks" that work with what we have. I remember a description of Jo in Little Women:
    Fifteen-year-old Jo was very tall, thin, and brown, and reminded one of a colt, for she never seemed to know what to do with her long limbs, which were very much in her way. She had a decided mouth, a comical nose, and sharp, gray eyes, which appeared to see everything, and were by turns fierce, funny, or thoughtful. Her long, thick hair was her one beauty, but it was usually bundled into a net, to be out of her way. Round shoulders had Jo, big hands and feet, a flyaway look to her clothes, and the uncomfortable appearance of a girl who was rapidly shooting up into a woman and didn't like it.

Even though Jo was described as having "one beauty", she shone because of her character, determination, feistiness and care for others. I agree with Lisa Ann:
    True beauty rarely comes from the outside, it comes from the inside.

And I would say the same about true ugliness.
    Maudie

CO wash-Vo5 Kiwi Lime
    Regular CO-Tresemme Naturals Silicone Free
    Deep CO-Aussie 3 Minute Miracle

Shampoo-Jhirmack Silver Plus Ageless once a week
    Cream-Garnier Fructis Sleek $ Shine Leave-In Conditioning
    Gels-LA Looks Sport

Going silver-last hair color 4/10/15
  • Aphro-DeeziacAphro-Deeziac Posts: 983Registered Users
    i think the original poster meant aesthical (sp) ugliness. I think its a given that "true" beauty comes from the inside and can actually make someone more attractive. But when we are talking about what our eyes see, in my opionion there are some ugly people in this world.
    26560_1412644406072_1531382664_31035658_3971206_n.jpg
  • spiderlashes5000spiderlashes5000 Posts: 17,898Registered Users Curl Virtuoso
    Yes, of course there are physically ugly people. Lots of them. And no, I don't believe the inside has anything to do with the outside. One can be kind, loving, generous, friendly and sweet and be ass ugly.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file