White House goes after Drudge

susancnwsusancnw Posts: 1,374Registered Users Curl Novice
I think this one will come back and bite The One....

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2009/08/04/white-house-launches-counteroffensive-over-drudge-report-link/#more-63054

"The clip was no longer on the Drudge Report Tuesday morning"

http://www.breitbart.tv/obama-in-03-id-like-to-see-a-single-payer-health-care-plan/

And Drudge has turned around and posted the entire clip. There is no spin, no misrepresentation, etc. Obama wants all our medical care totally and completely under the control of the feds. I do not. I want my own choices. This is SO huge, such a gigantic part of our economy and affects so many people, so why does it have to be ramrodded through? Talk about it, READ the bill. I've contacted the reps from my state and they are not going to be included in this. They will continue to have their own, independent health care. If this bill is not good enough for you and your family, not good enough for mine.
My son wears combat boots (and a parachute). So does my son-in-law.
The older I get, the less patience I have with cleverness. Thomas Sowell.
Resolve to perform what you ought. Perform without fail what you resolve. Benjamin Franklin.
Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. Mark Twain.

s-event.png

Comments

• mandatoryfunmandatoryfun Posts: 878Registered Users
    susancnw wrote: »

And Drudge has turned around and posted the entire clip. There is no spin, no misrepresentation, etc. Obama wants all our medical care totally and completely under the control of the feds. I do not. I want my own choices. This is SO huge, such a gigantic part of our economy and affects so many people, so why does it have to be ramrodded through? Talk about it, READ the bill. I've contacted the reps from my state and they are not going to be included in this. They will continue to have their own, independent health care. If this bill is not good enough for you and your family, not good enough for mine.

Have you ever heard of the phrase "something is better than nothing"? What about the countless Americans who a) don't have health insurance or b) pay too much for a plan that provides too little?

When people make the argument that they want the same health insurance as their elected representatives, it sounds more like a case of "I've got mine so screw you." It's completely petulant (and, in my opinion, not really a good argument against health care reform).
    CG since 07/26/09
  • susancnwsusancnw Posts: 1,374Registered Users Curl Novice
    I've had both, no insurance, bad insurance and now no insurance again (thanks to the 'stimulus, I lost my job!)

Why does page 14 of the bill tell me that I can't keep my private insurance when I do have it again. As a small business with no employees, I am still going to be taxed the 2.5% for not providing our non-existent employees with insurance?

As a family who has had very high medical bills due to illness with no insurance, I'd rather take the hit and take years to pay off those bills (as we have done) than have the government tell me what treatment I can and cannot have.

This bill is frightening. 80% of Americans are happy with their healthcare or do not want the government to provide it. I've been reading international papers for years to follow their state mandated health care and it sucks. Totally and completely.

I agree that we need to fix the problems here, but don't trash the whole system at once. Find the part that isn't working and see what it takes to fix it. It's criminally stupid to trash an entire system to put one in place that you will NEVER have the money to pay for. Take a look at the medical programs that are currently being run by the government, i.e., Medicare and Medicaid. Disasters both of them.

CO has a rep that is probably a one term rep. 2 years. That two years entitles him and his family to lifetime medical care (and a damned good pension) for 2 years at a part time job. Fair? No. Reasonable? No.

Why is my family less deserving of the medical care the government provides the people that my fellow citizens sent to office, cause I sure didn't vote for 2 of the ones there and the other was appointed.
    Resolve to perform what you ought. Perform without fail what you resolve. Benjamin Franklin.
    Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first. Mark Twain.

s-event.png

Have you ever heard of the phrase "something is better than nothing"? What about the countless Americans who a) don't have health insurance or b) pay too much for a plan that provides too little?

When people make the argument that they want the same health insurance as their elected representatives, it sounds more like a case of "I've got mine so screw you." It's completely petulant (and, in my opinion, not really a good argument against health care reform).

You also diverted the topic. Nice try. The White House seems to be going after the messenger who is disseminating the message that points out remarks made by the President in the past. They are pointing out what he said in the past and what he says now and they are completely contradictory.

They went after Rush and that backfired, they are going after Drudge and that will backfire.

s-event.png

• RavenTressesRavenTresses Posts: 8Registered Users

You also diverted the topic. Nice try. The White House seems to be going after the messenger who is disseminating the message that points out remarks made by the President in the past. They are pointing out what he said in the past and what he says now and they are completely contradictory.

They went after Rush and that backfired, they are going after Drudge and that will backfire.

Just what we need, another right-wing whacko.

Just what we need, another right-wing whacko.

Conservative, independent thinker, thankyouverymuch.

So, you think it is a good idea for the White House to go after individuals and independent news outlets or anyone else who doesn't 'get the message right?"

s-event.png

• Myradella3Myradella3 Posts: 2,481Registered Users
    I don't like much about the healthcare plan that I've read. The arguments that the government would make our choices however is bogus. At least for me. I like my insurance which is why I don't like this plan. But my choices are already dictated by what they'll pay for in or out of network. That company tells me which doctors to use, which hospitals to use, and even which medicines they'll cover. I've had to have prescriptions re-written to cover meds on the fomulary. Rationing? How many speech therapy or physical therapy do I get? Well, what I need or what they'll pay for? Guess...Having worked as a provider for many companies, I know that BC/BS is not alone with such restrictions.

So argue against the plan - please - but do it based on something logical.
  • EfrizzabethEfrizzabeth Posts: 8,792Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I wonder how this plan is any different than what active duty, retired, reserve/guard on active duty military personnel & their families have to deal with? :rolleyes:
  • MeowzMeowz Posts: 68Registered Users
    lazy loops wrote: »
    I wonder how this plan is any different than what active duty, retired, reserve/guard on active duty military personnel & their families have to deal with? :rolleyes:

Why do you ask? And which plan in particular?
    2b
    Texture: Medium-Fine Porosity: Semi Pourous Density Debatable
    Born a redhead, staying a redhead (with a little assistance)
    Jessicurl Aloeba saved! Curlz, MOP, are friends, need a deep conditioner!
    My doctor said I have ADD, but I- hey, look, a kitty!
    Oakland Raiders season ticket holder. Feel free to laugh.
    I want to read the bill, but I'm not going to wade through thousands of pages. It'd be nice if it was shortened into layman's terms somewhere.

We have TriCare Prime & have to deal with red tape beyond belief. I only have a choice between two doctors on base & trying to get changed from one is unbelievably hard. Trying to get in to see the one is hard & there's a wait. Trying to get him to do anything in-house or to send me off-base is unbelievably hard. Trying to get satisfaction through any doctor off-base is hard too & I think it's due to how little they end up getting paid from TriCare. So, we're stuck between a rock & a hard place.
  • MeowzMeowz Posts: 68Registered Users
    lazy loops wrote: »
    I want to read the bill, but I'm not going to wade through thousands of pages. It'd be nice if it was shortened into layman's terms somewhere.

We have TriCare Prime & have to deal with red tape beyond belief. I only have a choice between two doctors on base & trying to get changed from one is unbelievably hard. Trying to get in to see the one is hard & there's a wait. Trying to get him to do anything in-house or to send me off-base is unbelievably hard. Trying to get satisfaction through any doctor off-base is hard too & I think it's due to how little they end up getting paid from TriCare. So, we're stuck between a rock & a hard place.
    Yes, that's what I was asking, which insurance you have.

TriCare Prime seemed basically an HMO plan, which is why I said no to it. It is supposed to be more cost effective, and I wonder if it is more cost-effective because you get tired of waiting around for a referral and say, never mind, I ain't that sick.

I have the Tricare Standard. I don't mind paying more, because I want to be able to say, hmm, I have a weird rash, think I'll see a dermatologist without having to go through seventeen kinds of hell to get approval.

I am very, very glad I have good insurance, after going through a long illness and surgery to remove everything but the kitchen sink. I am also glad that TriCare paid for my trip to the ER (out of state) when I had the peanut butter salmonella poisoning last December. I'm lucky that my good health care is included with husband's.

Now, here is where everything falls apart and why "health care reform" is not about effective reform. Free lousy care for all is reform, I guess. As I said, I am lucky to have good insurance, because we only had to pay a couple hundred dollars of a ER bill for almost $10,000. I was there for six hours. It was so expensive because they had to do a million tests when all I needed was anti-pukes and anti-poops and rehydration. They did an MRI, for crying out loud. That test was $7,000. I said, I only feel like I'm dying, I don't need this. But, if something were worse than salmonella, I could sue if it was undiscovered (and frankly, worse than salmonella takes some creative thought, because even after my year of pain and being sliced and dissected, I was in hell from peanut butter cookies. If you ever get salmonella poisoning, just hope you have a comfortable bathroom- you won't be leaving- and remove sharp objects so you don't try to kill yourself.)

Bring health care costs down, isn't that a novel idea? How about tort reform? HOW is a person eligible for 18 million dollars if a slip of the knife means they will be incontinent? I use that example based on something I heard about recently. Was the guy gonna be a millionare at his job as a factotum? No. I think it is AWFUL that a mistake made cost so much to that person's life. I really, really do. But millions of dollars? That buys one hell of a lot of rubber sheets. A doctor saved his life. Why isn't Mr. Obama addressing the cost of malpractice insurance that drives physicians out of business?

Okay, that was my rant for the day. I don't know if you're at a base with a lot of options out in town, but if you can't get seen, tell them to send you to someone who can see you. Especially if it is a matter of either urgency (well, duh, you say) or the kind of urgency where you have an ongoing health problem and seeing the same weenie will make you even sicker with rage. DH got Lyme. Same trip home as my salmonella. The doc at the base was more than happy to turn the problem over to a disease guy only 20 or so miles away. I've had both good and bad experience with mil docs, the worst was just the guy was a dimwit and tactless. No biggie. I do not know how care for Retired Military is. But I am about to find out. Can you say "Hallelujah?!?" Only 13 years later than I was told.

Anyway, PM if you want to chat. I've already sidetracked a topic.
    2b
    Texture: Medium-Fine Porosity: Semi Pourous Density Debatable
    Born a redhead, staying a redhead (with a little assistance)
    Jessicurl Aloeba saved! Curlz, MOP, are friends, need a deep conditioner!
    My doctor said I have ADD, but I- hey, look, a kitty!
    Oakland Raiders season ticket holder. Feel free to laugh.
    &&&

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file