Curly Crafters

downwardspiralsdownwardspirals Posts: 45Registered Users
I was wondering if there are any artsy crafty people out there. Let's share what we do!

I love beads and jewelry design, painting, drawing and reconstructing clothes.

You can check out some of my jewelry stuff at Imadeit.etsy.com (I am not asking you to buy anything it just the only online place where you can view my work).

Comments

• shellibeanshellibean Posts: 4,500Registered Users
    I like to paint, and re-do old furniture. I also, just learned to sew. i love to use my craftiness on decorating stuff. I guess my style is ecclectic funk.
    A closed mind is a wonderful thing to lose.

"...you could have a turd on your head and no one would notice."~Subbrock

"I had an imaginary puppy, but my grandpa ate him."~Bailey
  • msrebamsreba Posts: 143Registered Users
    V7521.jpg

Making the short one in white and hopefully its going to be done by friday.. actually it HAS to be done by friday, as i'm wearing it to a party.

I've made lots of costumes and outfits and stuff. I like sewing.
  • CaryCary Posts: 102Registered Users
    I do surgery on old clothes and make new stuff, although i rarely make things from scratch. Then there's drawing which I <3 and cooking. Tried to get into knitting but it just wasn't for me.
    when you hook up an EKG to a tree you'll get a heartbeat every 15 mins
  • chappysmomchappysmom Posts: 107Registered Users
    Knitting. A lot.

Spinning (to make yarn FOR the knitting).

Quilting.

Embroidery/cross-stitch.

Crocheting.

Next? I'd love to learn to weave . . .
    Deb in NJ; 3a, dark brown, longish, layered, fine, reasonably thick hair, pale skin

Proud mom of Chappy, a 10-year old Boykin Spaniel, also with chocolate brown, 3a curls

Chappysmom.com
    Punctuality Rules!
    Booking Through Thursday
  • picklesgirlpicklesgirl Posts: 1,955Registered Users
    I make soap nothing fancy just the melt and pour
    I've made candles but I'm out of wax
    I take old jars and decorate them I make a hanger for them with gold craft wire and then string beads on the wire to make them look pretty I hang them on my porch with candles in them or I leave of the hanger and use them on my table. I also made a really cool pen holder for my desk by coloring an old jar with colored sharpies
    I make salt scrub
    I knit although nothing fancy because I forget to count so I just do straight lines but it's still fun
    I make homemade jam I just started that one this year it's so much fun
    I make homemade cards
    I make grapvine wreathes, I go out in the country and find wild grape vine and bring it home and make wreaths out of it I think I want to make some garland next to do a border around the top of my kitchen, I think that would look really neat.
    Anyway I do all kinds of stuff. I love to be crafty. I would love to learn how to so actaul things rather then just pillows. I would also love to try makeing glass beads but I don't want to buy all the stuff so I need to find someone that does it and try it with their stuff and then if I like I will buy my own.
  • PartyHairPartyHair Posts: 7,713Registered Users
    I know how to knit, but am not addicted.

I am addicted to embroidery.

I used to make jewelry but my kitty wants to help WAY too much so I stopped.

And of course I bake.
    *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Rock on with your bad self.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Be excellent to each other. ~ Abraham Lincoln

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
  • LisaAnnLisaAnn Posts: 436Registered Users
    I work with polymer clay to do a variety of things from sculptures to jewelry. I just finished a piece of jewelry last night so I was so thrilled to see this thread.

Dinko_Bird.jpgDinko_Bird1.jpg

Igor2.jpg

PhDCow.jpg

Picture_002.jpg

Pendant_edited.jpg

IMG_2670.jpg

Okay I will stop being an attention whore now ;)
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    LA...I'm impressed! Can you make a Wile E? 8)
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
    Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

• goldencurlygoldencurly Posts: 2,385Registered Users
    I paint, sculpt (small clay and plaster ones, around the size of a basketball and weld huge steel sculptures, well huge for me, about the size of my car), sew, design clothes, knit, crochet, quilt, cook.
    ________
    Colorado Medical Marijuana
    LA...I'm impressed! Can you make a Wile E? 8)

I will have to think upon that one. He has a lot of bends and angles and most of my stuff has been rounded and softly shaped things.

And thanks for the compliment :)
  • CGECGE Posts: 1,911Registered Users
    I shop. It's a craft.

LA, those are adorable!!! I'll take a butterfly pendant, please. TIA!
    I used to have a signature but it disappeared and I just couldn't be bothered writing another so please feel free to ingore this.
    CGE wrote:
    I shop. It's a craft.

LA, those are adorable!!! I'll take a butterfly pendant, please. TIA!

Hee, grassy ass!

I do make commission pieces if anyone has an image in mind they'd like to use (the last pendant is an image transfer) PM me and we can discuss. I just did one for a friend of her daughters and completely forgot to take a picture of that one, but it turned out lovely.
  • picklesgirlpicklesgirl Posts: 1,955Registered Users
    wow you guys are all so talented. I wish I could do the clay scuptures they are so cute. I've wanted to try to make beads with clay but haven't bought the clay to do it. I tried some with my sons clay but I think it is to soft because the picture i put in the middle got all smooshed.
  • SuZenSuZen Posts: 1,595Registered Users
    Ohhh, LisaAnn! Puppet Angel!!!! :lol:
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    LA, you work is beautiful.

I make bath and body products of all kinds. Skywatcher and I are actually starting our own business doing this. We makes soaps, lip balms, bath bombs, bubble bars, face/eye souffle, bath teas, and custom order items. :D

I love working with herbs and botanicals. It is very theraputic for me.
    Thank you guys.

Hee I love my Puppet Angel.
  • CGECGE Posts: 1,911Registered Users
    So is mine done yet??

:wink:
    I used to have a signature but it disappeared and I just couldn't be bothered writing another so please feel free to ingore this.
  • KurleeKurlee Posts: 1,354Registered Users
    LisaAnn wrote:
    I work with polymer clay to do a variety of things from sculptures to jewelry. I just finished a piece of jewelry last night so I was so thrilled to see this thread.

Dinko_Bird.jpgDinko_Bird1.jpg

Igor2.jpg

PhDCow.jpg

Picture_002.jpg

Pendant_edited.jpg

IMG_2670.jpg

Okay I will stop being an attention whore now ;)

Impressive! Love the bird!

I have made some Quilts, but I am pretty new at it.

• SoLastSunday152SoLastSunday152 Posts: 428Registered Users
    I do t-shirt surgery a lot.. take giant t-shirts and make them into stuff that actually fits. LisaAnn - I love the bird! So cute.
    Lindsey
    BKT'ed
    becks.jpg
  • SystemSystem Posts: 39,059 Administrator
    I'm installing stained glass I designed in my fence work.
  • KurleeKurlee Posts: 1,354Registered Users
    I'm installing stained glass I designed in my fence work.

Wow, that is interesting. How do you make that?

• GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,831Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    LA, you should make hair decorations and let CurlMart sell them!

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
    Ahh interesting idea Gretchen! I will have to see what I can whip up and get in touch with you.
  • MarMar Posts: 3,004Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    I cross stitch,draw,paint,refurbish furniture,reupholster,sew a bit,make jewelry, and am learning to knit.
    "what's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?"

"If you judge people,you have no time to love them"
    -Mother Theresa
  • SCGSCG Posts: 5,416Registered Users
    I've made a few clothing pieces out of old clothes (old pants or old shirts). I made a skirt out of a pair of jeans that were too short, things like that. I used to sew a lot more, and actually made a lot of stuff that we still use, or used for a long time (tea cozies, oven mits, doll clothes, etc.) but after my sewing classes ended I didn't continue.

Other than that, does drawing/painting count? I love to paint and draw, and we have a lot of pictures all over our house from that.

Sarah

"And death is at your doorstep
    And it will steal your innocence
    But it will not steal your substance
    But you are not alone in this"

“My ability to turn good news into anxiety is rivaled only by my ability to turn anxiety into chin acne.” - Tina Fey
  • cjccjc Posts: 636Registered Users
    I recently took up beading...I love designing necklaces....its very relaxing...especially with a glass of wine :D
    cjc
    3B very thick, curly hair and on the longer side
    Palm Beach County, Fl
  • GretchenGretchen Administrator Posts: 10,831Administrators, Moderators Administrator
    LisaAnn wrote:
    Ahh interesting idea Gretchen! I will have to see what I can whip up and get in touch with you.

Cool! [email protected]

Oh, and I sew (home dec mostly) and scrapbook (no laughing. DH is a professional photographer, so I have to do something w/ his fabulous images of my three little darlin's!). I used to make jewelry, but no time for that.

Gretchen
    NaturallyCurly.com co-founder
    3A

You are beautiful!
  • Who Me?Who Me? Posts: 3,181Registered Users
    I love lots of crafts, and I'm artistic and good at them (if I do say so my self!) but I just don't have the time. After I'm done with grad school and only have to work, I would like to learn how to knit, sew with a machine (clothes or quilts), start scrapbooking, and spend more time drawing and painting.
    "I don't know! I don't know why I did it, I don't know why I enjoyed it, and I don't know why I'll do it again!" -BART SIMPSON
  • velvet pawsvelvet paws Posts: 1,250Registered Users
    I love knitting, cooking (I'm really into making jams, jellies and preserves right now), refinishing furniture and drawing.

I really want to learn how to sew with a machine (I've been combing freecycle because I don't want to buy a machine if I don't actually like sewing) because I've got a lots of ideas for quilts and things like that. I really want to do some jewelry making as well.
    3A / 2B / 2C wavicelli

.png

.png
  • SuZenSuZen Posts: 1,595Registered Users
    I am realizing that I am hobby-less at the moment. Too much going on in my life. (Plus a cat who insists on sitting on my lap as soon as I sit down.)

But I used to sew, knit, crochet, and do decorating projects around the house. Years ago I taught myself how to make silver jewelry. I'd like to get back into jewelry-making, especially beading.

I miss that stuff.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file