TMZ website is a notorious curl hater...

hipchickhipchick Posts: 350Registered Users
Has anyone here noticed that? We should boycott them.

Comments

• CrystalRainCrystalRain Posts: 170Registered Users
    I didn't even know such a website existed. :scratch: (Yeah, I know, I'm out of it.) How do they hate curls?
    Thick, mostly 2c with some 3a; fine texture, medium/high porosity, and a very strange curl & wave pattern.

Started CG (properly) as of 6/31/2009.

Cowash | Suave Naturals Ocean Breeze or Juicy Green Apple
    Rinse-out | Burt's Bees Super Shiny
    Leave-in | Live Clean Intense Moisturizing
    Gel | HESMU

Right now: growing hair past shoulder-length, looking to take decent hair picture (my avatar is my first day of CG).
  • hipchickhipchick Posts: 350Registered Users
    They often show photos of celebrities and describe their curly hair as frizzy or unruly. They also refer to celebrities with curly hair as frazzled looking.
  • CrystalRainCrystalRain Posts: 170Registered Users
    Ooooh, I hate that. I bet they have a lot of curly-before-and-straightened-after pictures as well. :disgust: I notice a lot of magazines do that from time to time but I guess TMZ is particularly bad for it, huh? We should send out an email or something.

...Okay, I looked up the website and, I'm sorry to anyone who uses it, but it looks like a pretty silly site to begin with.
    Thick, mostly 2c with some 3a; fine texture, medium/high porosity, and a very strange curl & wave pattern.

Started CG (properly) as of 6/31/2009.

Cowash | Suave Naturals Ocean Breeze or Juicy Green Apple
    Rinse-out | Burt's Bees Super Shiny
    Leave-in | Live Clean Intense Moisturizing
    Gel | HESMU

Right now: growing hair past shoulder-length, looking to take decent hair picture (my avatar is my first day of CG).
  • missmurder81missmurder81 Posts: 3Registered Users
    Ooooh, I hate that. I bet they have a lot of curly-before-and-straightened-after pictures as well. :disgust: I notice a lot of magazines do that from time to time but I guess TMZ is particularly bad for it, huh? We should send out an email or something.

...Okay, I looked up the website and, I'm sorry to anyone who uses it, but it looks like a pretty silly site to begin with.

tmz is that kid in middle school who tore you up because he could. It totally stalks people down and berates them publicly. do u know how hard it is to have hair like mine. im sure u all do? and then tmz goes about callin us frizzies! there mean. im ready to rally.
    think tangled springy plopper.
  • alaskantsunamialaskantsunami Posts: 421Registered Users
    What they said about Will Smith's boy was just rude.
    He's a freaking kid! Of all the celebrities to pick on, why go after HIM?

http://www.tmz.com/2009/12/12/will-smiths-kid-badu-to-the-bone/16

I think his hair looks fine. They just like slamming anyone who does something different.
    2C and all the 3s, iii, F, natural brunette.
    mod CG since 03.21.10

Kelso: Hey, guys? I'm thinking about getting a perm. Hyde, can I get the number of your guy?
    Hyde: I don't have a guy. This righteous moss is a gift from God.
    -That 70s Show
  • amaliruamaliru Posts: 48Registered Users
    I never did like TMZ. Who cares what some random celebrity is doing?
  • Cali ChikCali Chik Posts: 1,494Registered Users
    What they said about Will Smith's boy was just rude.
    He's a freaking kid! Of all the celebrities to pick on, why go after HIM?

http://www.tmz.com/2009/12/12/will-smiths-kid-badu-to-the-bone/16

I think his hair looks fine. They just like slamming anyone who does something different.
    TMZ is ignorant, no doubt, but some of the comments are even worse! "Anybody with big hair is crying for attention" wtf? that doesn't even make sense.
    subbrock wrote: »
    - don't let everybody elses long straight weave bum you out. don't let other people's big/long natural hair bum you out either. embrace what you have and rock it with confidence, because that's the only way you'll be happy. and whether you realize it or not you are somebody's influence. show them what it truly means to be confident.

www.lifestarbeauty.com
    Hate me? Love me? then Follow me! www.twitter.com/vidastarr

Cali Chik wrote: »
    TMZ is ignorant, no doubt, but some of the comments are even worse! "Anybody with big hair is crying for attention" wtf? that doesn't even make sense.
    Oh, I know. I never read blog comments when it comes to this (hair), anything political (both sides), or iTunes comments on albums I really like because I know there will be jerks who make my blood boil.
    mod CG since 03.21.10

Kelso: Hey, guys? I'm thinking about getting a perm. Hyde, can I get the number of your guy?
    -That 70s Show
  • Cali ChikCali Chik Posts: 1,494Registered Users
    Oh, I know. I never read blog comments when it comes to this (hair), anything political (both sides), or iTunes comments on albums I really like because I know there will be jerks who make my blood boil.
    I have no problem with a differing opinion as long as it's at least logical. That statement I posted didn't even make any sense whatsoever.
    subbrock wrote: »
    - don't let everybody elses long straight weave bum you out. don't let other people's big/long natural hair bum you out either. embrace what you have and rock it with confidence, because that's the only way you'll be happy. and whether you realize it or not you are somebody's influence. show them what it truly means to be confident.

www.lifestarbeauty.com
    Hate me? Love me? then Follow me! www.twitter.com/vidastarr

I have no problem with a differing opinion as long as it's at least logical. That statement I posted didn't even make any sense whatsoever.
    It's not the differing opinions that irk me, it's the ones that are worded so immaturely and/or rudely, and in cases when needed, with nothing to back it up.
    mod CG since 03.21.10

-That 70s Show
  • CurlieTopCurlieTop Posts: 345Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    TMZ is known for their purposely controversial and snarky comments about everything, let alone just hair. If you read the comments on many of them you'll see that tons of people disagree.

I think the best thing for all of us to do is continue wearing our curls and not let them make us lose our resolve. And anyway, I think a movement back toward curls is starting (Tyra's going natural right? And as a hip hop lover I've seen some newer mainstream videos show sexy girls with natural hair, Trey Songz comes to mind)

Just think, if we were celebrities we'd have all the more pressure to fry our locks... I for one am happy to be free :)
    ~ curlie top ~
    2C in back, 3A in front, fine to medium texture
    Last time I blow fried: Spring 2011
    Last time I flat ironed: Fall 2010
    Posting and You - A must watch

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file