Hi Euro girls!

SmultronSmultron Registered Users Posts: 3
I'm new to the board, but not new to my curls, which I now love after years of fighting with my locks.

I guess this post is a bit of an intro and also a question as to which products you guys are using.

I'm following a modified CG routine and so far, so good, but winters in Sweden are kind on my hair so I tend to be less frizzy this time of year anyway.

I love my meadowfoam seed mousse from Pure Hair. Fantastic stuff, it reminds me of Aveda's pumping mousse that I can't get here icon_sad.gif

What are you guys using?
3a/3b curls and I love them!

Comments

• frederikaeskesfrederikaeskes Registered Users Posts: 1
    Welcome!...so far the best results I've had are with the Back to Basics combo (texturizing lotion $ smoothing elixer). Now sold in the UK.

I'm a 3c...I think.
  • SmultronSmultron Registered Users Posts: 3
    Do you use it as a leave in or for styling?
  • curlygcurlyg Registered Users Posts: 13
    hi, i work for toni & guy, so i use the tigi range icon_biggrin.gif and i get them cheap too!! icon_razz.gif
    i can recommend power trip and after party thats part of the bed head range icon_biggrin.gif i see your in stocholm and i know we have a salon there icon_biggrin.gif
    why do something yourself when you can get a man in!
  • SmultronSmultron Registered Users Posts: 3
    I've seen the Toni and Guy salon, but, to be honest, I've always been a bit intimidated by the super sylish people in there.

Luckily, the TiGI products are sold in other stores here icon_wink.gif

Living in Sweden is wonderful but it has the major downside of trying to find a good stylist who is familiar with curly hair! It seems like all Swedish women have straight hair and it took me 3 years to find someone good who listened to me when I said "you can not blow dry my hair."

Maybe I should give TiGi a try.
  • yadagiyadagi Registered Users Posts: 10
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by curlyg:
    hi, i work for toni & guy, so i use the tigi range icon_biggrin.gif and i get them cheap too!! icon_razz.gif
    i can recommend power trip and after party thats part of the bed head range icon_biggrin.gif i see your in stocholm and i know we have a salon there icon_biggrin.gif
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Curlyg,
    I'm in London and have been trying to get hold of Curls Rock By Tigi and have been told that it is not out until next year,Is this true and do you know when,.
    Also can anyone else recommend a good mousse or gel that will relax my curls a bit but not leave them crunchy,you can see what my hair is like if you go to my homepage above.
    I would appreciate any rec's as all the rec's on the general board are not available in U.K and I am getting really Frustrated as I would love to try Kenra and Elucence etc.
    BTW where do they sell Back to Basics??/
    Sorry so many ???
    icon_razz.gif
    always have an open mind
    3a/3b dark brown shoulder length coarse ,medium thickness and hardly frizzy anymore.
    Thank you NC.com
  • CurlyBritChickCurlyBritChick Registered Users Posts: 218
    Hi yadagi,

I really recommend Joico ICE Whip Mousse. I find it really moisturising,great hold and smells delicious! Before I discovered Joico, I also had good results with Paul Mitchell Mousse. You can purchase these products from hair salons or online at
    HQHair.com
    It's a British site and I've always found them to be fast and reliable.

HTH!

Kim

P.S. Back to Basics products are available from hair salons.
    Type 3b, Highlighted, Past Shoulders, Fine Texture, but very dense.
  • yadagiyadagi Registered Users Posts: 10
    Thanks Kim,
    I will have a look today at HQHair.
    What is you hair like ?
    I am just asking as it may be the same as mine and that would make me more keen to try Joico.
    Do you still get any fizz with Joico? as wella shock waves is really good but I still get a bit of frizz in our wet English weather.
    always have an open mind
    3a/3b dark brown shoulder length coarse ,medium thickness and hardly frizzy anymore.
    Thank you NC.com
  • CurlyBritChickCurlyBritChick Registered Users Posts: 218
    Hi Yadagi,

I PM'd you!

Kim
    Type 3b, Highlighted, Past Shoulders, Fine Texture, but very dense.
  • Kris KurlKris Kurl Registered Users Posts: 28
    I've tried HQhair, and they were very good. :)

I got the Joico ICE whip from them, but I don't like it - it's still sitting there & I probably won't use it up. I found it horribly crunchy, and I didn't like the smell at all. I think it's rather drying too. I then read a male curly expert (?? name) saying that curlies should avoid mousse for that reason.

Each to their own. :)

(My hair is, I think, 3c.)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file