Citre shine?

kaypekaype Registered Users Posts: 11
Hey, gals --

I've been lurking for awhile and have been 'poo-less for a little over two months. Mostly, I love it :lol:

As I'm not yet well-versed in ingredients, I have a question about whether a gel is CG.

It's the clear shine gel by Citre Shine.

Water , VP/VA Copolymer , Citrus Aurantifolia Fruit Extract Tahiti Lime , Citrus Aurantium Dulcis Fruit Extract Orange , Citrus Nobilis Fruit Extract Tangelo , Panthenol , Ascorbic Acid , Tocopherol , Wheat Amino Acids , Carbomer , PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Triethanolamine , PEG-12 Dimethicone, PPG-5 Ceteth-20 , Benzophenone-4 , Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate , Disodium EDTA , Dmdm Hydantoin , Fragrance

What do you think? Can I use this?

Thanks!

Comments

• SmallFrySmallFry Registered Users Posts: 614
    Dimethicone is definitely a silicone and it's NOT water soluble. So that means you need a harsh cleanser to remove the buildup it would cause. But it's also pretty far down on the list. Some curlies will use -cones that are far down on the ingredient list but that's up to you. Personally, I would stay away from that one.

if you'd like a gel, you can try LA Looks or F/X Curl booster Fixative gel, those are my faves as well as a lot of other curlies too. hth
    Lotsa 3c curls
    Curly Journey Album
    Updated 2009 and 2010 pics
    Hair Journal/Products

It's not about having what you want, it's about Wanting what you have
  • BrioBrio Registered Users Posts: 1,432
    The dimethicone is Peg modified, which I understand makes it water-soluable.

Looks CG friendly to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Frizz Happens!
    my Fotki hair journey/experiment diary PW is brio (and I really need to update it!)

3A hair; coloring with henna/indigo since July 2009; normally follow the CG method. Still searching for my HG products!
  • internetchickinternetchick Registered Users Posts: 6,191
    Looks CG to me as well. The Wheat Amino Acids would deter me, they dry my hair out big time.
  • kaypekaype Registered Users Posts: 11
    Thanks, much!

I think I'll give it a try and see what happens . . . it's cheap enough to do that. If the amino acids kill my hair, I'll know that's what's up.

And, if it doesn't work for me, I can try the ones CurlyBlasian recommended.

I appreciate the help! :lol:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file