cympreni you out there?! [65 Stang issue]

WileE-DeadWileE-Dead BannedPosts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
Or anyone else that can help :salut:
How would I know it's a batt issue or an alt issue?
Car turns over once the batt is charged up a bit.
Otherwise I get that dreaded clacking...grrr...[solenoid].
I am pretty sure it's the batt b/c it is new, tho while it was in the shop, I think they ran down the batt keeping the doors open :angry3:
TIA!
0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq
Let’s just stay together and tell the world to kiss our ass. ~P

Comments

• cymprenicympreni Posts: 9,609Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    You can go to a part store like Auto zone and they can test both for you for free.
  • WileE-DeadWileE-Dead Banned Posts: 24,963Banned Users Curl Neophyte
    Next step...thanx!
    0004.gif

Ever since the sports thread wars I have sensed a special connection between [edit] & Wile. Like the connection oil has to water. I almost can't speak of it. Wait....my eyes are misting. ~asq

Need yer help again...btw, it was the batt :notworthy:
    How do I change out the wiper bezel/washer set?
    I haven't had a chance to take the Stang to the guy that painted the Stang.
    At this point, I just wanna do it myself! :lol:
    How do I take off the wiper at the base?
    I tried it a few times...tried to find help on the web. I think I'm just not pulling hard enough! :confused3:
    I haven't asked hubby. I think he's afraid he'll print up the hood... :laughing8:
    :book:
    ty!
    0004.gif

• cymprenicympreni Posts: 9,609Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Need yer help again...btw, it was the batt :notworthy:
    How do I change out the wiper bezel/washer set?
    I haven't had a chance to take the Stang to the guy that painted the Stang.
    At this point, I just wanna do it myself! :lol:
    How do I take off the wiper at the base?
    I tried it a few times...tried to find help on the web. I think I'm just not pulling hard enough! :confused3:
    I haven't asked hubby. I think he's afraid he'll print up the hood... :laughing8:
    :book:
    ty!

to take the wipers off the base. flip the cover up, there's 1 bolt on top, take it off, the pull the arm jiggling it back and forth.

And thanks to this, I now have this song stuck in my head.

ETA: I would pick up a copy of the repair manual at an auto parts store. You'd probably have to order it. They only cost usually 15-20 bucks. They can save you a lot of money by helping you diagnose problems and doing minor repairs.
  • SpiderSpider Posts: 3,381Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Battery
    Alternator
    Starter
    Ignition switch

or if you're really lucky like me it's $1500 ECM (car brain/computer) repair
    Don't let your heart be broken. Let it love.
    :notworthy:

Finally found a pretty good thread on All Ford Mustangs w/ pics. Need a tool to take the pin out, but doable w/o it. Now to not scratch the paint!

Believe it or not...went back & checked ebay for a Chilton Manual & found a complete used one for cheap! :headbang:
    0004.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file