Channel 7 sinks to new lows - Gates Traffic ticket

SuburbanbushbabeSuburbanbushbabe Posts: 15,402Registered Users Curl Neophyte
Fox-TV (Channel 7 in Boston) dug up a 25-year old traffic citation given to Prof. Gates in Rhode Island. It was a $25 ticket where the officer wrote under attitude "poor". The Rhode Island official interviewed said this is often a comment and could mean anything. What the hell is this supposed to prove and why is it news? Faux News sucks.
My blog - http://suburbanbushbabe.wordpress.com/
My FOTKI - http://whatsnew.fotki.com/suburbanbushbabe/
comic-p.jpg

Playing with my hair is a hobby. Fluffy, fine natural 4a. Goal= Healthy, beautiful hair that retains its length.
Hear that crash? It's me falling off the CG wagon.

Comments

• curlyarcacurlyarca Posts: 8,449Registered Users
    This is to establish a pattern of disorderly conduct with police, of course.

"In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay an invincible summer."

4a, mbl, low porosity, normal thickness, fine hair.
  • RedCatWavesRedCatWaves Posts: 31,258Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    That's Fox Noise for you...

I have no doubt that Gates is an arrogant SOB...as most highly-esteemed intellectuals are...but it's completely irrelevant. He was in his OWN home. You can be as beligerant as you want in your own home. It was up to the professional policeperson to act like a mature grown up, and apparently he didn't.
  • KurlyKaeKurlyKae Posts: 3,413Registered Users Curl Neophyte
    Sheesh. Two unrelated incidents, 25 years apart does not a pattern make. (imo!)
    3a/2c
    Trader Joe's Tingle conditioner wash/ conditioner
    AG re:coil, LALooks gel, John Frieda Secret Weapon
  • The New BlackThe New Black Posts: 16,754Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Yeah, but actually there were more than two incidents. I read of a third. But again it's not entirely relevant.

But it's OK. I'm getting less and less mad about it. I thought back to the fact that many other people who changed the world (for the better) were considered trouble-makers too. MLK and Malcolm are just two of them. And look how their "trouble making" ultimately benefited us. So keep on keepin on, Doc.
    montage-3.gif No MAS.

I am the new Black.

"Hope the Mail are saving space tomorrow for Samantha Brick's reaction piece on the reactions to her piece about the reactions to her piece." ~ Tweet reposted by Rou.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file