Hello!

curlyceracurlycera Posts: 11Registered Users
Hi there! I graduated from FSU with my MSW two years ago, packed up all my things, and moved to Jacksonville for an internship and never left. I started seeing a hairstylist who always did a great job with my hair. She liked my curly hair but encouraged me to straighten it. Well, over the past year she has become quite popular (and really, she's a great stylist). I desperately needed a haircut -- my hair was fried and over-processed and overdue for a trim by several months -- but she didn't have an opening for over a month! I wound up choosing a random salon and stylist.

The first thing she told me was to STOP STRAIGHTENING MY HAIR. She said there is no reason to straighten it. We live in Florida, it's humid, and it rains without fail every. Single. DAY. So I did as she said for a week... then I gave in and straightened my hair. But somehow the guilt stuck with me. I always get more compliments on my curly hair. I was doing some "spring cleaning" and found my old CG book.

Well, I've decided to give it a go. I mean, why not? For the past two weeks I've done a modified CG. I bought some Deva samples at Ulta and loved the Angell stuff. LOVED IT. I also tried Jessicurl but the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Rockin-Ringlets-Styling-Potion-p-100.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-rockin-ringlets]Rockin' Ringlets[/buylink] does NOT sit well with my hair.

Tonight I am going to do my last wash with a 'poo and give it a shot. My scalp is super oily no matter what, though. If worse comes to worse, I really like the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/Jessicurl-Hair-Cleansing-Cream-p-103.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=jessicurl-hair-cleansing-cream]Jessicurl cleansing cream[/buylink] (the [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCurl-LowPoo-p-54.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacurl-lowpoo]Deva Low Poo[/buylink] not so much- left the top of my head oily) and conditioner. I'm going to play with products for now and find something that works. I also bought some V05 clarifying conditioner (Kiwi Lime Squeeze - yum!) as well! Wish me luck on my no-poo journey!

I am also pairing this with a total life makeover - including losing some weight for my wedding in October 2010. And as one more side note: One of my favorite people has Stage IV Colon Cancer and he HATES my straight hair (he will make this known without sparing my feelings) so I made a promise that on my wedding day, I will wear my hair curly for him -- I will honor this promise, especially if he cannot be here in person to celebrate with us!

Sara :color:
type 3a, high porosity :color:
I'm new to no-poo!
co-wash - V05 kiwi & lime cleansing conditioner
condish - Jessicurl aloeba condish
currently playing with gels and other conditioners to find the right "fit"!

event.png

event.png

Comments

• SystemSystem Posts: 39,060 Administrator
    Welcome & congrats on your upcoming wedding!
  • carolinacurlygirlcarolinacurlygirl Posts: 20Registered Users
    woo hooo!!! I am so excited for you :) It looks as though we're starting our journey together! It will be so much fun to watch you blossom into a gorgeous curly for your big wedding day :)
  • curlyceracurlycera Posts: 11Registered Users
    Thanks guys!

I'm very excited about the wedding. It's a while from now, but it's still fun none-the-less! :headbang:
    type 3a, high porosity :color:
    I'm new to no-poo!
    co-wash - V05 kiwi & lime cleansing conditioner
    condish - Jessicurl aloeba condish
    currently playing with gels and other conditioners to find the right "fit"!

event.png

event.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file