Wanting to go CG but am feeling overwhelmed!

Ok..granted I've only been a member here for, like, a day, BUT I really would like to try going CG. I've got all my products out and I'm going cross-eyed trying to figure out what's CG-friendly and what's not.

So, instead of getting a headache trying to figure all this out in one sitting, I'm going to post here and see if you lovely ladies can help.

First of all, I've been using a dandruff shampoo forever mainly because that's what my hubby uses. I get a little dandruff-y in the winter but otherwise I don't normally have a problem with it. Then, I follow it with Garnier Fructis Leave-In Conditioning Cream (Sleek & Shine). I really like it as I have virtually no tangles when I use it. I use it on my daughter's hair too since she screams when I comb her hair.

As far as stying products go, I use Garnier Fructis Soft Curl Creme (which I believe is discontinued but I ordered 7 jars back when I first heard they were getting rid of it - I'm on my 6th jar now). I use just a little of the Garnier Fructis spray gel afterwards. Then air dry.

I'm not sure if any of these are acceptable when going CG. If any of you know, please post and let me know. I would also greatly appreciate it if anyone could tell me the products that they use that's CG friendly and inexpensive. I cannot afford to spend a lot of moolah on hair products. I'm looking for products that are typically found at Wal-Mart, Target, etc. I really like the creme stuff for styling and would love to find one that's good for a CG lifestyle as I know I'm going to run out of this Soft Curl Creme soon (and I'm not even sure if it's ok for CG).

Help! My head is spinning! LOL

Jilly
5th generation naturally curly head! :)
3b/dark brown/falls between chin and shoulders - donated 13" to Locks of Love 4/1/09
Med porosity/Med texture/Med elasticity/VERY thick and heavy
Always looking for new ways to get the most out of my curls!

My little 6th generation
curly girl - Madalen!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Comments

• 5thgeneration5thgeneration Posts: 11Registered Users
    Ok, I discovered that my coveted Garnier Fructis SCC has dimethicone in it so that's out! :neutral: I do love the cream stuff and was wondering if there are any similar styling products out there that are CG appropriate? Even links to other threads here would be helpful. There's just so much information for me to look at and I need a point in the right direction. :)

Jilly
    3b/dark brown/falls between chin and shoulders - donated 13" to Locks of Love 4/1/09

My little 6th generation
    curly girl - Madalen!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • 5thgeneration5thgeneration Posts: 11Registered Users
    It's me again Margaret... :lol:

Ok, after some more searching, I found

http://curlgirljourney.blogspot.com/

with all of the products listed on the side. I c/p'd the list and printed it out and off to the store I go! I plan on fully starting CG on Sunday. :) I can't wait!

Carry on!

:cya:

Jilly

My little 6th generation
    curly girl - Madalen!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • crazycurlz427crazycurlz427 Posts: 46Registered Users
    I've been trying to go curly girl for a month and I find myself having second thoughts... you probably do too with the no shampoo thing. I guess its what is best for our hair so we have to get past those thoughts and accept the fact that we are naturally curly! If you havent read Curly Girl, you should. its awesome

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file