Help a Newbie!

BabyNobleBabyNoble Posts: 5Registered Users
Hey this is my first day to the naturallycurly website. I love the site and I'm a little overwhelmed. And i definitely have questions if anyone can help me. First off, I think I have a 3B or C hair type but I'm not sure. and does anyone have any tips on how I should part my hair? When I do it on the side I have one big side and the other side is super flat.. not so cute. It's taken me forever just to get my hair to curl decently but I would really love to have pretty curls. If you have any advice, send it my way. Anything is greatly appreciated! THANK YOU! :)

(I enclosed a pic so you can decide the type of curl you think i might have)
3B (I think)
Newbie to CG! ;-)
7/30/09

Comments

• carolinacurlygirlcarolinacurlygirl Posts: 20Registered Users
    love your hair! It reminds me of my own :)
    judging by the picture you might have 3b - but I can't really tell. I've never been good at the whole curl catagorization thing!! Welcome! I'm new too and it is a little overwhelming!
  • BabyNobleBabyNoble Posts: 5Registered Users
    You have very gorgeous hair, I wish mine was long :(

well if you have any tips or anything they'd be greatly appreciated cause I have no idea how to style my hair!
    3B (I think)
    Newbie to CG! ;-)
    7/30/09
  • carolinacurlygirlcarolinacurlygirl Posts: 20Registered Users
    what are you doing currently? i just had my last sulfate shampoo about a week ago. my hair seems so much softer with all of the conditioner washes that I've done. I'm currently using the Deva line of products but I don't LOVE them... at least not yet. My hair seems too soft. I guess it's going to take a while to figure out what I need to use. I've always used silicones - until now. I am trying to find an easy style product that gives me the same results as silicone based products - i'm a scrunch and go kinda girl. - my hair loves gel :) i'm thinking of making some flax seed gel and seeing how that works for me :) your curls look great so whatever you're doing seems to be working!! as far as part goes, i just sort of part it to one side and help add body to the other side - you could always clip your hair at the root while it's drying to help add body :)
  • morrighumorrighu Posts: 707Registered Users
    If your hair seems too soft, you might need some protein. You can get this from almost anything, including stuff in your kitchen. Milk, yogurt, eggs... all kinds of stuff... I have recipes posted on the site where the curl wiki is in my signature.
  • blessedhimeblessedhime Posts: 1,458Registered Users
    Welcome to the forums. You could also check your shampoos, conditioners and other products to see if they have sulfates or cones. A great article to read is this: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curlreading/curl-products/ingredients-commonly-found-in-hair-care-products

I wish you the best.
    Blessed Princess Diamante, High Archivist of the Thrifty Trinitarians in the Order of the Curly Crusaders
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Last Relaxer: July 31st, 2008
    BC: 14th August, 2009
    Favourite Product Line: None at the moment
    HGs: Amla, brahmi, maka, neem, hibiscus and fenugreek powders.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file