Nature's Gate Aloe Vera Conditioner

rbbrbb Posts: 4,355Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
i am once again officially in love!! lol :D
i was broken-hearted when deva changed the ingredients in one c, my then hg, had to look around for something at least decent. i tried aohr, aowc, and was disappointed. i tried several curl junkie products, and while i can see it is a great line, just not for my hair, even after 3 weeks of trials.
i called my hairstylist, carlos flores, for advice. while he is bald and not currently using conditioner, lol, he said his assistant, mitzi, now uses nature's gate aloe vera conditioner, and loves it.
i found it at wholefoods, $6.99 for 18 oz, AND, they carry small sample sizes which i tried first. so, after a week i can say my hair is very happy with this conditioner. it makes my hair very curly, bouncy, shiny. i leave a lot in as a leave in, and it does not make my hair producty at all. it's been very humid here this week and NO frizz!! this is my new hg!!
i cannot believe how great this conditioner is, and how reasonably priced it is, and how convenient that it is right at wholefoods!
my daughter whose hair is fine, 3a, normal porosity, also now uses this conditioner and loves it.

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
styling: curl junkie 
sealants - jane carter nourish & shine

Comments

• abyzcabyzc Posts: 74Registered Users
    I've been looking at this one for a while now! Maybe I'll have to try it out. I tried aloe gel in my hair and it made my hair so shiny! Hopefully this will work for me! I'm 3B/3C and my hair is really dry.
    3B, dense, and dry
    I'm trying to grow my hair to bra strap length!
  • a_cowens5a_cowens5 Posts: 45Registered Users
    LOVE natures gate conditoners! Especially calming tea-tree (super hydrating and keeps my scalp healthy to boot).

I actually saw the Aloe Vera conditioner the other day at a local whole-foods type store and wanted to check it out. Now i most certainly will give it a try. :mrgreen:
    3A,3B ish...
  • SpiralliSpiralli Posts: 3,684Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    Thanks for mentioning this. My hair tends to be very dry and unshiny. I don't know how it still manages to curl, but it does. I just would like it to look more healthy and shiny. I am definitely going to check this conditioner out.
    Type: 3b/3c (i), below shoulder length.
    CO wash: A-O GPB LYY, Desert Essence Coconut, Oribe Silverati
    Leave-ins: Curl Junkie Beauti-Curls, KCKT, cno overnight
    Styling: BRHG, MGA Sculpting Gel, A-O Mandarin Magic Gel, LOTD AVG, LALSG, CJ Pattern Pusha
    DT: Curl Junkie Deep Fix, Briogeo Don't Despair Repair!
  • rbbrbb Posts: 4,355Registered Users Curl Connoisseur
    for me, the key to this conditioner is to leave a lot of it in as a leave in. (it is not heavy.) when i do that, then add my gel, i have great curls. it's not my hg, but it is the basic rinse out in my rotation.
    for me, an hg would be the one i would use 99% of the time (as i did with the old formula [buylink=http://www.curlmart.com/DevaCurl-One-Condition-p-55.html?utm_source=naturallycurly.com&utm_medium=text-link&utm_content=curltalk-post-text&utm_campaign=devacurl-devacurl-one-condition]deva one condition[/buylink]). i may never find that again, but i am still looking. the ng aloe vera is a definite staple in my rotation, and the one i use most of the time.

3a, some 2c & 3b, medium texture, porosity normal, low elasticity :-(
    washing/cowashing, conditioning, protein tx: curl junkie products
    leave in:curl junkie conditioners and treatments as leave in
    styling: curl junkie 
    sealants - jane carter nourish & shine
  • cfrycfry Posts: 73Registered Users
    I just tried the NG Aloe Vera Conditioner this week, and I love it! My hair curled more uniformly, is shinier, with less frizz than ever. I also used it as a leave-in, and applied it on dry hair for subsequent hair days. If you haven't tried this yet, I highly recommend it. Bought it in the giant bottle at Marshall's for $8.
    Currently using:
    shampoo bars, GVP K-Pak, Abba Pure Gentle Leave-in, Mop curl cream, Babaii Mousse and BRHG
  • whatuaskwhatuask Posts: 74Registered Users
    a_cowens5 wrote: »
    LOVE natures gate conditoners! Especially calming tea-tree (super hydrating and keeps my scalp healthy to boot).

I actually saw the Aloe Vera conditioner the other day at a local whole-foods type store and wanted to check it out. Now i most certainly will give it a try. :mrgreen:

my scalp is very itchy, so i wonder which you had success with.

i'm about to post my curl rating-i agree w/ everyone else so far, but don't know if my scalp is itchy from that, or just being a very new CG girl, or from the ACV rinse after the baking soda cleanse. that might have dried me out too much? who knows-i'm learning!

also LOVE the silver locks-i've already complimented before!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kristin
    -Mostly 3A, though wavy if not enough moisture (like when I lived in CO.).
    -High dew point gives large ringlets, though smaller & tighter coils at neck.
    -Med. texture, high density, normally porous?
    -sulfate free, silicone free baby!
    -searching for good stylers (but can't purchase living in China! must wait till summers to buy in US)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file