CurlTalk

where can i buy lavender essential oil?

SuzzetteSuzzette Posts: 49Registered Users
where can i buy lavender essential oil for the lavender spray?
-susie
CG Med. to Coarse/Normal Porosity/ProteinSensitive

CoWash: V05 or Suave
Conditioner: Suave
Leave in: GVP Balm Conditioner
Gel: HESMU or HETT

"Run mad as often as you choose, but do not faint!"- Jane Austen

Comments

• SmallFrySmallFry Posts: 614Registered Users
    you can get it at most health food stores or online. I have some from www.monsterhealth.com they had reasonable prices and shipping was really fast. or you can do a search for it on yahoo or something and find a vendor that way.
    hth
    Lotsa 3c curls
    Curly Journey Album
    Updated 2009 and 2010 pics
    Hair Journal/Products

It's not about having what you want, it's about Wanting what you have
  • Copper MetisCopper Metis Posts: 10Registered Users
    From Nature With Love is good
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fromnaturewithlove.com%2F" class="Popup

Nature's Gift
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.naturesgift.com%2F" class="Popup

The Herbarie
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.theherbarie.com%2F" class="Popup

These are good companies--I've ordered from them many times to make soap, creams, and other bath products (and I don't work for any of them. Many eo's are adulterated with who-knows-what and you have to be careful about you buy from. These companies will gladly tell you who their suppliers are and answer any questions you have.
    Whoever you buy from, please look up some 411 about how to use eo's!!! It is never to be used neat!! It's not safe and it can cause some really nasty sensitization. Some of these oils are strong enough to eat right through certain plastics--that's why they are packed in glass bottles.

If you need some more suppliers then let me know.

:wink: [/url]
  • mafaldamafalda Posts: 510Registered Users
    Great topic. I too have wondered where to buy EO's. I've seen EOs at Whole Foods and other health food stores but they are very expensive for one ounce bottles. Is this what I should expect to pay for EOs no matter where I buy? Do most EO's come in such little amounts? I'd rather buy them at a store, so I won't have to deal with shipping costs.

Also if someone could do a mini education course on EOs. Copper Metis in the post above mentioned to be careful with EOs. I always thought you could just add it to whatever: my conditioner, flax seed gel, and other hair recipes. I never knew they were so strong.
    "It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done."- Harriet Beecher Stowe
  • SmallFrySmallFry Posts: 614Registered Users
    another site to add to the list. I just got a few things from there.

www.i-herb.com

hope that helps someone
    Lotsa 3c curls
    Curly Journey Album
    Updated 2009 and 2010 pics
    Hair Journal/Products

It's not about having what you want, it's about Wanting what you have
  • SnarlsSnarls Posts: 2,537Registered Users
    Most of the websites that sell EOs also have extensive information on how to use them safely...you have to poke around a little.

tons of info here:
    /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.fromnaturewithlove.com%2Flibrary%2F" class="Popup

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bestdeal.org%2F" class="Popup (cheaper prices, I've never purchased from this site but have read good reviews)

A couple things I've learned, that have made me shy away from EOs just yet...
    --they are very concentrated & should always be diluted, usually in a carrier oil
    --continuous use of the same EOs is not recommended over extended periods of time
    --certain scents can trigger seizures (one of my friends has a seizure disorder), others shouldn't be used if you are pregnant etc etc
    --I try to learn which ones should really be organic, for instance, a lot of chemicals are often used on citrus fruits and the residue remains in the peel, which is used to create the EO. So I'd pay extra for organic orange or lemon EO.
    formerly Castella
    (my dogs aren't snarly, my hair is)
  • SapphireWingstarSapphireWingstar Posts: 381Registered Users
    Whole Foods has insanely expensive EOs. Don't buy them there. It's much cheaper online, and I have bought good-priced EOs at my local health food co-op.
    3b/c...or thereabouts.

Album: /home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fphotobucket.com%2Falbums%2Fa119%2FCrazyCurlyQ%2F" class="Popup

Password: curlomania
    (albums are on the lefthand side)
  • SmithsGirlSmithsGirl Posts: 100Registered Users
    A great source of inexpensive essential oils is A Garden Eastward.

They have no minimum order and will allow you to purchase very small quantities, which is nice if you're not sure you'll like it, or if you'll be able to use it all up in a reasonable amount of time.

/home/leaving?target=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.addy.com%2Fbrinkley%2F" class="Popup
    "In the days when you were hopeless and poor, I just liked you more."

formerly jodib70
    3a/3b, baby fine; growth goal: bra strap length.
  • mafaldamafalda Posts: 510Registered Users
    Thanks for all the info and the links. But I guess I have to do a little more research on EOs. I guess I can't just be using them all willy-nilly.
    "It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done."- Harriet Beecher Stowe
  • asleep to audioasleep to audio Posts: 2,085Registered Users
    do they sell it at trader joe's?

CoN green, HE hello hydration, burt's bees super shiny condish, & KCCC.

mostly 3b, mod CG

Smiles are free, so give them away.

Celebrate we will, 'cause life is short but sweet, for certain.
  • one way streetone way street Posts: 772Registered Users

please someone answer this...
    mod. CG 2C-3A/M/iii
    Fotki album and journal updated: 10/01/07
    password: springlet

Currently: Trying to stop straightening so much. Using Elucence conditioner and whatever works for me.
  • curlyinseattlecurlyinseattle Posts: 5Registered Users
    AngieCurls wrote:

Yes, they do sell it at Trader Joe's. It's called Lavender Essential Body Oil or something like that.
    2B/3A
  • asleep to audioasleep to audio Posts: 2,085Registered Users
    AngieCurls wrote:

Yes, they do sell it at Trader Joe's. It's called Lavender Essential Body Oil or something like that.

YAYYYYYY!!!!! :D

CoN green, HE hello hydration, burt's bees super shiny condish, & KCCC.

mostly 3b, mod CG

Smiles are free, so give them away.

Celebrate we will, 'cause life is short but sweet, for certain.
  • ljelyljely Posts: 11Registered Users
    I think they have it at GNC.
    Laura
    a 3A, sometimes more like 2A, living in hot and humid Mississippi
  • henchpersonhenchperson Posts: 67Registered Users
    I bought all my essential oils in one fell swoop from someone on eBay - got a good deal, since I was buying about six kinds, and they've lasted forever.
    Not curly, but wavy. Learning to love it.
    Valiantly attempting to become a product minimalist.